• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] How many of you would like T-Map Books

Would you like to see T-Map storage books in UO.

• Most definitely would!

Votes: 23 95.8%
  • No! This is the stupidest idea Z.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't know. Ask again later!

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
Z

Zannette

I would love to see T-Map books similar to BOD books. It would be nice to be able to sort maps by Facet and difficulty.
I think that T-Map vendors would love this too.

So vote and let me know what you think, and feel free to add any other suggestions to for improving T-Hunting

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Seeing how maps reset if not used, anymore, it would be best if any such books only took un-decoded maps, and that was all that the book had to worry about was facet and level.

That way, it wouldn't actually be "storing" the maps, but essentially treating the categories as "counters", removing the map from the game, and would recreate the map from scratch when you pulled it out. This would be a lot simpler to code than actually storing decoded maps and their (invisible to the player) coordinates.

Storing decoded maps would be a headache to code, and even more a headache for you to figure which of the 50 level 2 trammel maps is the one for Buc's Den, since you can't see the coordinates, and would have to view each map one at a time until you found it.

Z

Zannette

Storing decoded maps would be a headache to code, and even more a headache for you to figure which of the 50 level 2 trammel maps is the one for Buc's Den, since you can't see the coordinates, and would have to view each map one at a time until you found it.
That’s a great point Basara. What I really want to see is just some method of sorting maps by level and Facet as it stands right now I have 7 different containers for each level and each container has a backpack for each Facet. As I only play one account this takes quite a bit of my home storage space. It would be very nice to have a book similar to BOD book that would reduce item count by /5while sorting maps.