• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How many more EA?

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How many more will leave? There are more water troughs than houses on Siege. You know the ones I speak of... Maybe you don't. I do not expect you devs ever walk those lands. We were a proud people. We few.

Now we are resigned to oblivion. The Vets are leaving. There will be no place for other bored players to go.

That is why I joined Siege seven some odd years ago. I have toyed with the idea of going "trammie"... That will not happen.

As much as I enjoy my friends from other shards, that is not my UO.

EA (I use the generic term) call your self what you will. The bleeding is only going to get worse. Yeah, Siege does not really count... Who is next?

What is Siege to you folk? A head ache? A wish it would have never happened thing? Please let me know.

If you do not give a damn, I will not waste my time. Most of my shard has quit or moved on.

If you think I am kidding, I am not.
They care.

Believe me.

Try finding new ways to explore the world in the game you love. I have, several times, after taking many breaks. Each time, I come back, discovering a new niche.

B

Babble

Why does the siege community not move to one of the bigger freeshards or open your own siege shard?

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I quit siege like everyone else. No one plays there anymore is number one reason. number two reason is i have o farm 15 hours to make one suit i can lose to a gank in 10 mins. add insurance to siege. leave one character slot imo. rot is good for taming and mule skills, worse for other things. who cares if you change it or not. either make gear easier to get i.e. lower silver prices on faction arties, more drops, bring back tots. or add insurance. this is a gear based game now, its not all gm armor and blessed helms ne more.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I quit siege like everyone else. No one plays there anymore is number one reason. number two reason is i have o farm 15 hours to make one suit i can lose to a gank in 10 mins. add insurance to siege. leave one character slot imo. rot is good for taming and mule skills, worse for other things. who cares if you change it or not. either make gear easier to get i.e. lower silver prices on faction arties, more drops, bring back tots. or add insurance. this is a gear based game now, its not all gm armor and blessed helms ne more.
Thank you for leaving Siege. Please stop trying to change it, too.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now, didn't I warn you all, I never expected that it would fall so low, expecially for you Fayled.

Somewhere in my mind there was a spark of hope for you, but seeing you chewing on a dead body is anything but appealing ; your stench fills this room faster than your hair falls off.

I played Siege too back in the day, the idea was great ! I played about a week before I realised what they were going to do with the game, siege in itself was where I was going to set my foot. :sad4:

F

Fayled Dhreams

Now, didn't I warn you all, I never expected that it would fall so low, expecially for you Fayled.

Somewhere in my mind there was a spark of hope for you, but seeing you chewing on a dead body is anything but appealing ; your stench fills this room faster than your hair falls off.

I played Siege too back in the day, the idea was great ! I played about a week before I realised what they were going to do with the game, siege in itself was where I was going to set my foot. :sad4:
/fail
A. no, your babbling does not constitute "warning"
B. ANY "spark" in your mind ... would have >finally< fried all circuits
C. You did not "see" anything
nor did you "smell" anything related to this thread

this is not a "room"

I. A week on siege does not qualify as "playing"
II. You are NOT "prescient" (would have at least seen that coming :danceb:)
III. You cannot "set your foot" ingame ...
:)thumbup1: your avatar ... yes ... foot? no)

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tought you were ignoring me, blad head. Your distorted poetry needs some finishings.

Oh and Aran, you can keep contradicting me ; I'll still sound more genuine than you ever will under any alias.

I did warn you, you guys defended Kelmo, well there we are now.

You guys made no difference and were certainly boring about it !

Come kiss it.

:stretcher:

K

Kiminality

This has meandered off topic, and into some personal spat between the three of you.
It doesn't belong here.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
And babble threads should be clearly marked. :p

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Common it's just 3 messages, if you consider us as anything "majoritary" relating to Kelmo which is our elder ; then you're as worse !

Everything was babble between us anyways, you guys are taking this way too seriously. Hah. I could even be putting on an act, heh.

You wish I would ! :p

F

Fayled Dhreams

"Many" are telling you guys they would play Siege except for one of the 3 main reasons: RoT, character slots, and housing.

Now RoT might be better, but would you rather have more players without RoT or less players with RoT. Same with characters slots.

You have to start somewhere, but if the things that do get done will have a insignificant impact, you are going to have to wait another 6 months for round 2 of "enhancements".
*ahem*
http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/222503-just-heads-up-people-not-liking-rot-siege-perilous.html

:gee:

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems pathetic then Aran to come insult him here. You know at least that of ethics ! You have not defended him directly, but you again put your nose where you yourself did not mean to. You probably even have better stuff to do ?

That sounds good for siege, I'm pondering on giving it a try now. Thank you for the heads up Fayled.

K

K_Sarai

OK, here is the situation:

With all of the changes to the game, from beginning to the present, we are dealing with an entirely new generation and mentality of players. I'm not knocking newbies, or relatively newer players, but they don't know the same UO that we (few) used to.

We all identify with the term "veteran player" differently. To me, it's the same ones that were playing the original, as I did. To others, it could be starting with Renaissance. Or ML. Or a year ago.

If you have quit playing this game (but sometimes want to look back and try again) or if you have been playing since day 1 (which is very, very rare these days) you are always going to look back to when you first started and the game was new to you.

The players of today don't know what it was like to have to forage for reagents in Moonglow, or to only carry around apples and not give out counts when you got PK'd just to not give the satisfaction. Or that Fire Field was dangerous. Or that a real good fight with a very skilled player or group used to be better than any designer drug that's currently on the planet. Or that you didn't always start out with 1000's of blessed gold and items. They might have a heart attack IRL if they accidentally got into Felucca somehow.

If the "classic shard" or the revamped siege were to happen, it wouldn't work. Why? Because the mentality is different. People didn't always gank. In fact, if you were caught as even so much as stealing someone's regs during a 1v1 to interrupt a fight, you would have gotten grieved so bad you would have needed to switch shards. Nowadays, it's all about the gank. Sure, not all PVP or PK'ing was exactly "honorable," but at least most did it with purpose. What's the purpose now?

The KEY WORD in this scenario is: ACCOUNTABILITY. There is none anymore. Getting ganked on Siege now is different than when you got ganked in the old(er) days of Siege or even the older days of UO. Why? Because eventually, you could always find some form of revenge and the people committing those crimes accepted the consequences of their actions. That's called accountability.

When you work your butt off and get a set of armor, only to get phantom-phuqqed and invisi ganked by someone you've never heard of and will never see again, there is no accountability or recourse. And that doesn't just upset people, it pisses them off and makes them want to quit.

The "give me this" and "give me that" mentality is what has caused the game to go through all of these changes. Players of today don't understand about house wars, or people actually being able to break into houses and rob you. There is no longer any fear of loss, which (and I know everyones style is different, but this was my UO) means that the people who are on siege, whether it be last resort or "just because they like a challenge" automatically get labeled as the dark, masochistic people that should RoT in their darkness on their dark shard. And that opinion unfortunately is the majority of the player base, on the majority shards.

Forgive me for being overly nostalgic here but if you are not happy playing anymore, then you need to take a break. Don't flat out quit, or delete, or cancel, but just take a break. See if you feel differently after a month or two. And then maybe another month or two.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like even yourself would go sifting back through 14 thousand pieces of c... gneh.

Thanks for the rehash ... newcomer.

K

K_Sarai

Newcomer? Perhaps to Stratics, yes. UO? No....

Welcome *******, member since December 1997.
When you're finished, remember to exit My Account.
And you're quite welcome. Better get used to it.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Name sounded familiar too... I was also a beta tester !

People don't like me much around here as you can see.

K

K_Sarai

I'm not certain what's worse. The fact that you didn't read it, or the fact that you didn't read it but yet still made a rude comment as such.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Don't mind Aran, K. He likes to stir the pot, but he's mostly harmless. ;)