• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How long will the new High Seas changes last?

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hopefully this is permanent as real life got way too hectic. :(
My question is will the plunder beacons be around for a long time or
disappear like the dungeons did. I see more rewards are being added on a
monthly basis which is awesome, so I am thinking this is a good change for High Seas.

Jennifer-Marie

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
— My understanding is that the current pirate hunting and rewards are supposed to end either with the June publish or September publish.

And that is based on what people have told me.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would say it will end sometime in September before the Halloween event whatever that may be or that may well be something to do with the Sea... who knows.

But it will end to be sure. Sadly. My only hope is that they don't make the Triton another Bane Dragon or Dread Warhorse.

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the replies....it would have been nice if they would just leave it..they don’t have to add
multiple rewards each month. Oh well, why should this not be a grind as well.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I like this type of event , wish they would expand it to other areas

Like classic dungeons ... Kill so many monsters , earn points, choose your reward from a list

It really isn't that hard to make us people happy ;)
We get that about once a year during Halloween. If you want the year round version head to Blackthorn's dungeon or Cove... or Shame (shame crystals). That's the problem with making this year round or always on... people get a kick from it at first and then 3 months later the newness wears off and it turns into one of the other handful of "events" we have out there that only a few people play :D

I'm cool with how they are handling it. Let everyone know in advance the end date and let them decide how much they participate. When it's gone it's gone.

Jennifer-Marie

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We get that about once a year during Halloween. If you want the year round version head to Blackthorn's dungeon or Cove... or Shame (shame crystals). That's the problem with making this year round or always on... people get a kick from it at first and then 3 months later the newness wears off and it turns into one of the other handful of "events" we have out there that only a few people play :D

I'm cool with how they are handling it. Let everyone know in advance the end date and let them decide how much they participate. When it's gone it's gone.
-- I enjoy that they added the quests to the Town Criers ... it gave a little bit of resurgence to things in game people have forgotten about and don't do anymore.

Like Shame: the Town Crier quest for Shame gives you a nice title of Paladin of Trinsic. :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Yup. We are lucky to have an event at this time of year. Usually I'm counting down the days till September.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm ok with some of that and when they are rewarding deco stuff and reward titles that's fine... but we seriously don't need any more bane dragons and dread warhorses...

or what I really mean is here and gone content that is really good that people returning or just starting will never be able to obtain. Boots of Escaping... which are fine if they bring them back year after year... but if they don't at some point then well that starts to create that disgust.

That to me ruins the game and only creates envy and people being disgusted with UO and quitting.

Those who become disgusted and quit like that are far less likely to ever return. And if they never return then eventually UO will die out.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So have they said when it ends and I missed it? Where was it said?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
or what I really mean is here and gone content that is really good that people returning or just starting will never be able to obtain. Boots of Escaping... which are fine if they bring them back year after year... but if they don't at some point then well that starts to create that disgust.
Yeah the boots are okay. Remember tho, when we used to get holiday gifts that were cool and useful? and anniversaries too. Like transfer tokens, heritage tokens, soulstone fragment tokens,

Now we get some piece of deco. Not really complaining (yes I am) but it would be nice to see a 'real' nice gift again

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah the boots are okay. Remember tho, when we used to get holiday gifts that were cool and useful? and anniversaries too. Like transfer tokens, heritage tokens, soulstone fragment tokens,

Now we get some piece of deco. Not really complaining (yes I am) but it would be nice to see a 'real' nice gift again
True but then you get the upset folk about not getting one ... though I will say I have heritage tokens coming out my ears... I did love the soulstone frags though.

Those things are always useful... like the deeds that give us the manakins.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Here is What I am doing ...

Farming beacons for points like crazy now so I can buy the things I want and with enough to give to friends . if it ends with the next release , ( June 1 st) tmaps then I will have gotten what I want

If it continues, well then , that is just a bonus ,or icing on the cake
And I can start farming t maps

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So have they said when it ends and I missed it? Where was it said?
There isn't a hard set date given but it's either ending as soon as June or sometime this year. @Jennifer-Marie already posted this. As with 90% of everything else in UO you aren't going to get a definitive answer; it's a "wait and see" mentality. Just like the anticipation of the Triton actually coming out.

— Well, the patch notes for Rising Tides gives a definitive answer:

Publish 104 – Rising Tide – Ultima Online

It says “new rewards will be added each month the event is active” - meaning it’s temporary.
I would suggest doing like Naitch is doing IF you really are concerned about getting the rewards and just grind a bunch of beacons out for the next month or so just in case in it ends in June. If it goes longer then you can take a break and get back into it later.

I'm ok with some of that and when they are rewarding deco stuff and reward titles that's fine... but we seriously don't need any more bane dragons and dread warhorses...

That to me ruins the game and only creates envy and people being disgusted with UO and quitting.
Once again, I disagree and this seems like another "it's not fair" comment from you. Using your logic nothing should ever permanently end (unless you deem it so) because it's not fair to everyone who might have missed out. What about prepatch pets? Should Nightmares and WW and Dragons and every other prepatch pet be kept the same in "fairness" to people that are new or left before taming one? What about EM items? What about coal xmas gift from Xmas 97? Where does it end? :)

This is the nature of the game (and life). Some things are limited time releases and this also creates a UO market for for the UO economy where some people grind it out to get extra of an item so they can sell it. I'm sure this will send you on a rant about price gouging and fairness but that is the nature of supply & demand. The great thing about UO is that you don't NEED a bane or dread (or anything other particular item). You can make due without them. If you REALLY need to have a horse that does a "trick" then pony up the dough for it... pun intended!! :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There isn't a hard set date given but it's either ending as soon as June or sometime this year. @Jennifer-Marie already posted this. As with 90% of everything else in UO you aren't going to get a definitive answer; it's a "wait and see" mentality. Just like the anticipation of the Triton actually coming out.

I would suggest doing like Naitch is doing IF you really are concerned about getting the rewards and just grind a bunch of beacons out for the next month or so just in case in it ends in June. If it goes longer then you can take a break and get back into it later.

Once again, I disagree and this seems like another "it's not fair" comment from you. Using your logic nothing should ever permanently end (unless you deem it so) because it's not fair to everyone who might have missed out. What about prepatch pets? Should Nightmares and WW and Dragons and every other prepatch pet be kept the same in "fairness" to people that are new or left before taming one? What about EM items? What about coal xmas gift from Xmas 97? Where does it end? :)

This is the nature of the game (and life). Some things are limited time releases and this also creates a UO market for for the UO economy where some people grind it out to get extra of an item so they can sell it. I'm sure this will send you on a rant about price gouging and fairness but that is the nature of supply & demand. The great thing about UO is that you don't NEED a bane or dread (or anything other particular item). You can make due without them. If you REALLY need to have a horse that does a "trick" then pony up the dough for it... pun intended!! :D
If it's a deco item that's fine... that doesn't matter and hurts no one... but when it's an item that gives clear advantages... then I have a problem. I could care less if someone didn't get a wrist watch... or holly to hang over their door... that really doesn't matter. But when they can't get the gear and can't get the pets to compete with the rest of us... that is unfair. What you are saying is just asinine... and elite entitlism... Which IMO is killing the game. No maybe they don't "need" a Dread Warhorse... but was a time when that was the high end pet to have. But it's a good pet. So is the Bane. Sure they can make due but honestly... just making due isn't "fun" for many people. You could make due with GM crafted armor too... but no we have all kinds things better than that. Are you saying that they should just get by with the least a person can have?

I'm saying that when there is something that gives stat advantage and gives people a bonus it should NEVER be limited time only. I mean what if they made something like the Crimmy or Tangle limited? For a LONG time the robe from Halloween was limited... and people were upset. Now you can get one with points in Blackthorns...

IMO the Bane Dragon and Dread Warhorse are the "robe" of Tamers... and it's clearly not right.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I've never had a dread mare or bane dragon in my life , but somehow managed just fine without them . with so many pets and options nowadays, are they really needed ?

On second thought , I just reread that and I realize that I never had a bane dragon , and this thought makes me sad :(

So very very sad :(:(
Please look away .... I dont want anyone to see me cry :sad3:

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Holy ****! I just realized that life isn't fair.

But in all seriousness, the issue of limited time items is really not an issue at all. So what. You think that this causes new and returning players to quit? I think that the ability to create a new character, build the skills, and be able to do all of the content in such a short amount of time causes more people to quit. Once the boring process of building skills is over, there really isn't that much to work for, so why continue playing? Anyone can put a decent suit together in an hour or so. If you stand around Haven long enough, someone will give you whatever you need to do end game content.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Holy ****! I just realized that life isn't fair.

But in all seriousness, the issue of limited time items is really not an issue at all. So what. You think that this causes new and returning players to quit? I think that the ability to create a new character, build the skills, and be able to do all of the content in such a short amount of time causes more people to quit. Once the boring process of building skills is over, there really isn't that much to work for, so why continue playing? Anyone can put a decent suit together in an hour or so. If you stand around Haven long enough, someone will give you whatever you need to do end game content.
Yes I think it does cause people to quit... I think it causes rage quitting... which when folk get seriously irritated and quit those are the ones we'll never get back. And that's why I complain about the injustice.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yes I think it does cause people to quit... I think it causes rage quitting... which when folk get seriously irritated and quit those are the ones we'll never get back. And that's why I complain about the injustice.
These people sound like whiny babies. Good riddance. I'm not sure why anyone would want to play with them anyway.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why are people so against that the devs learn from their past mistakes?

Yes, the Dread warhorses were a big deal in the past and still is to some extent today. When they introduced the Bane dragons I was happy as I saw it as some sort of repair on the Dread issue so needless to say I was disappointed when I found out they too were a limited spawn. And yes, I was around on both occasions and tamed what I needed.
So if the Tritons also turns out to be limited I would be very disappointed in the devs as it would show they do not learn from their mistakes. Having a pet spawn for only a limited time is nothing shy of stupid as there is no point to it whatsoever. Nothing good can come from it.
Sure, they can remove the event part but they should then implement the pet in some other area of the game that isn´t used much these days.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Yes, the Dread warhorses were a big deal in the past and still is to some extent today. When they introduced the Bane dragons I was happy as I saw it as some sort of repair on the Dread issue so needless to say I was disappointed when I found out they too were a limited spawn. And yes, I was around on both occasions and tamed what I needed.
So if the Tritons also turns out to be limited I would be very disappointed in the devs as it would show they do not learn from their mistakes. Having a pet spawn for only a limited time is nothing shy of stupid as there is no point to it whatsoever. Nothing good can come from it.
Sure, they can remove the event part but they should then implement the pet in some other area of the game that isn´t used much these days.
Thank you... I couldn't agree more.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah! We should get rid of all vet rewards too because I haven't had this account long enough to be able to claim them. Why should I have to buy them. It's just not fair! I quit!

I still think that they should have an NPC at the bank that will give you anything you want for free but using it removes your ability to talk to anyone. It seems fair to me.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's not a mistake. These items/pets are considered rare. You are supposed to feel accomplished when you acquire one, a sentiment that seems to be lost these days. Nobody wants to accomplish anything, they want everyone to have everything without having to do anything to accomplish it. If you feel this way, go to test center, there's free stuff there.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Nothing good can come from it.
Answer is ..Rare pets..
Respectfully Disagree..
Rares are and have been part of the game for ages. They are collectible items. So are Dreads and Banes.
Do you want a Dread or a Bane? You go ahead and put in the time and effort and you can easily get one. It will happen but not instantly or overnight. Same thing with the Chiv AI Cu with top stats and all 120'd, and the beautiful Paragon color Cu that costs 3-5 P to afford or sell : You put in the time spawning Cu's till you get one..It will also not happen overnight.

Last edited:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Answer is ..Rare pets..
Respectfully Disagree..
Rares are and have been part of the game for ages. They are collectible items. So are Dreads and Banes.
Do you want a Dread or a Bane? You go ahead and put in the time and effort and you can easily get one. It will happen but not instantly or overnight. Same thing with the Chiv AI Cu with top stats and all 120'd, and the beautiful Paragon color Cu that costs 3-5 P to afford or sell : You put in the time spawning Cu's till you get one..It will also not happen overnight.
Sorry, still not buying it.
With that kind of logic we should just make everything limited then.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you are so worried about other players you can do the temporary content when it comes out and buy/earn extra rewards and pass those to new or returning players as needed.

For this event:
Buy a Mystic token, 7 stable increase tokens, make some 15 taming 15 lore jewels and kill beacons and put them on your storage tamer.

The 50SDI and 30SDI slayer books are much better than these pets.

Maybe the items at the end of this event will be sweet.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you are so worried about other players you can do the temporary content when it comes out and buy/earn extra rewards and pass those to new or returning players as needed.

For this event:
Buy a Mystic token, 7 stable increase tokens, make some 15 taming 15 lore jewels and kill beacons and put them on your storage tamer.

The 50SDI and 30SDI slayer books are much better than these pets.

Maybe the items at the end of this event will be sweet.
Or they could just leave the pets ingame. Sounds like an easier solution, yes?
And my argument is about tameables, nothing else. Not books, not free stuff on Test Center, only pets.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Sorry, still not buying it.
With that kind of logic we should just make everything limited then.
Not everything..
Don't forget that this game is in a way just like the old MUD games. The dungeon-master determines how the game goes, the specials, rewards etc. We as players cannot demand or expect the specials to be one way or the other. Its a surprise, sometimes a nice one. We have agreed to this by playing the game and paying subs.
We can recommend to the Devs what we would like things to be. But its up to them to add/alter content.
There are problems, bugs, cheaters etc. But we are lucky the Devs are in contact and the do listen.
The hottest thing for some people is PS for their pets or characters. Not easy to get but not impossible. Raise a sampire or necro, go to the Fel spawns, spend the time take the risk and get them. It is doable. Make sure your sampire/necro can actually kill stuff and do it.
This has been the distinction between the cheat UO "Free but not free" shards all over, and UO itself. In reality these other "free shards" are not free at all. They are really pay to play. UO has not gone that way not all the way anyway.
Rare pets are just that. If we cannot see that, then we are totally entitled. You want the dread/bane etc? Then you need to put . in the time and effort, which is not a small effort and time. It may take 6 months to get one, lots of doing content to amass the gold, doing the right content to gather that also. But you will get there.
No need to be angry/upset about "other people" sporting a dread or other rare at the Luna bank. If you like to get one, just make it a goal, and advertise when you have the gold, and get . one, buy it or trade etc. I did, and paid the price. My dread sits at the stable. It will stay there. I feel better for having one. I paid for it and don't feel bad.
I also go to Fel for my PS. Its a pain to get them but I do, solo spawns, and with team. Get mostly crap PS due to being unfriendly with RNG, but I'm happy.
I think a lot of us want things instantly. You just got to have patience a little bit.
This is one of the challenges of this game. It is not an easy game and not an "all the way cheater's game" like the so called "Free shards", that can cost upwards from $200-300 per year, buy your own island, etc.etc. or the Super pet they have for $150, then you get pK'd there and others can actually TAKE your pet, for instance.
Just be happy this game has SOME rules, and is not all the way corrupt.
If getting a bane is one of your wishes, get the $ first, likely will be 110-150M, let $ sit in bank a while, try advertising, barter for price but be fair, and there will be one for you eventually. Same with Dreads a little higher price but doable. Other things are harder, like getting the Blaze Cu that will take spawning 24,000 Cus to get a chance to get one, but n t he process you will get some high stat Black Cus to sell minimum of 50 M/pop, Pure White ones for good $$ also, or super high stat ones to sell also. IMO these Cus are harder to get than Bane/Dread etc.
Also remember that any changes to the game or pet system, have consequences, from creating bugs to upsetting working game mechanics, to bringing imbalance to the game that will have major ripple effects. It has to be done with a lot of deliberation and pre-planning. We only have 2-3 Devs. They are busy with the content, even though some of us think that they are taking a joy ride. Also the game code is hard to deal with and it is booby-trapped left and right.

((On a side point, what they should do, is create some new rideable pets perhaps. As the ones there now have been there for ages. Or at least we can recommend that. Also add more content to Pet Revamp, and I think that this is in the works..exactly what, is going to be a surprise.))

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or they could just leave the pets ingame. Sounds like an easier solution, yes?
And my argument is about tameables, nothing else. Not books, not free stuff on Test Center, only pets.
I did the Bane ophidain war. I killed the banes. I did not have a tamer and I was fighting for the Ophidians.

Id like a bane now but It is not a priority to pay the price for one. Doesn't bother me.

The temporary event are more good for the population of UO than stagnant things. I have given away many Tritons and I know many will sit in a stable and never be used because the person quits and doesn't use them.
Hopefully a few go to players that hang around.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you want a Dread or a Bane? You go ahead and put in the time and effort and you can easily get one.
Can I craft a bola, knock you off your bane dragon, then tame your steed and make it mine? I don't see anyone barking out in General Chat that he's selling one.

(Please add pancakes and omelets to suit your taste.)

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can I craft a bola, knock you off your bane dragon, then tame your steed and make it mine?
As cool as this would be, I know for a fact that it will never happen. I'd have to make me a tamer if it did.

I don't see anyone barking out in General Chat that he's selling one.
Have you tried... I dunno... asking? They are attainable but you would have to ask and offer a fair price. They're kinda rare and it's very possible that nobody is selling one at the time you ask, but they aren't super rare or impossible to get by any means.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Answer is ..Rare pets..
Respectfully Disagree..
Okay I'm sticking my two cents in here. I get why some players don't like rare pets. I DON'T LIKE rare pets. Why? Because the pure freakin greed from being able to sell that rare pet turns Dr. Jekyll players into Mr. Hyde from hell. I will give the WORST and saddest example in UO. My dear friend and Guildmate Bastet she busted her butt day in and day out taming Cus trying to get a Blaze colored Cu. She put in the hard work and the time. Then it finally happen the blaze Cu spawned. She was taming when another player, who I will refer to as Mr. Hyde, started luring changelings on to her. Then not satisfied with that he lured a paragon changeling along with the unholy trio of Irk, Spite and Guile. Then he start to tame it out from under her. She stated calling out for help over gen chat. At least 10 to 12 Legends players came to her aid including me. Still Mr. Hyde manage to tame that Cu out from under her. Then to make it even worse he sat there and gloated about "HA HA I'm take this to Atlantic and Ima gonna get flith f'n rich HAHAHAHAHAHA". At least 5 players offered to buy it from him. Bastet logged off in tears. A few weeks later Bastet died in REAL LIFE. It had nothing do with UO, she was very sick.

So could you please explain to me HOW Bastet benefited in anyway from rare pets? She busted her butt, and got screwed by a scumbag player. In case you are interested Legends had a Memorial erected in her honor outside the entrance of Twisted Weld and on top of her memorial is a blaze Cu Statuette. So at least in death she got her blaze cu.

Last edited:

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Okay I'm stick my two cents in here. I get why some players don't like rare pets. I DON'T LIKE rare pets. Why? Because the pure freakin greed from being able to sell that rare pet turns Dr. Jekyll players into Mr. Hyde from hell. I will give the WORST and saddest example in UO. My dear friend and Guildmate Bastet she busted her butt day in and day out taming Cus trying to get a Blaze colored Cu. She put in the hard work and the time. Then it finally happen the blaze Cu spawned. She was taming when another player, who I will refer to as Mr. Hyde, started luring changelings on to her. Then not satisfied with that he lured a paragon changeling along with the unholy trio of Irk, Spite and Guile. Then he start to tame it out from under her. She stated calling out for help over gen chat. At least 10 to 12 Legends players came to her aid including me. Still Mr. Hyde manage to tame that Cu out from under her. Then to make it even worse he sat there and gloated about "HA HA I'm take this to Atlantic and Ima gonna get flith f'n rich HAHAHAHAHAHA". At least 5 players offered to buy it from him. Bastet logged off in tears. A few weeks later Bastet died in REAL LIFE. It had nothing do with UO, she was very sick.

So could you please explain to me HOW Bastet benefited in anyway from rare pets? She busted her butt, and got screwed by a scumbag player. In case you are interested Legends had a Memorial erected in her honor outside the entrance of Twisted Weld and on top of her memorial is a blaze Cu Statuette. So at least in death she got her blaze cu.
There's 2 sides to every story though. How long was Mr. Hyde sitting there waiting? Why wasn't he effected by the spawn he lured over there? The guy sounds like a tool for sure, and it sucks that this happened to your friend, both in game and out, but she didn't deserve it any more than he did. If I was wandering around and happened across a blaze cu and tamed it, does that make me any less deserving of it than someone who worked on it for hours or weeks? It's a finders keepers world out there, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So could you please explain to me HOW Bastet benefited in anyway from rare pets?
Hopefully she enjoyed her time trying to get one. Had she had more time on this Earth, I'd hope that eventually she would have been successful.

I'm not advocating for what this guy did, especially with the griefing afterwards, but waiting in the shadows to steal someone else's hard-earned gains have been part of this game since the beginning and is a valid playstyle. There are some, such as myself, that enjoy just that. I just like to think that I have a bit more style than the Mr. Hyde in this story.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If it's a deco item that's fine... that doesn't matter and hurts no one... but when it's an item that gives clear advantages... then I have a problem. I could care less if someone didn't get a wrist watch... or holly to hang over their door... that really doesn't matter. But when they can't get the gear and can't get the pets to compete with the rest of us... that is unfair. What you are saying is just asinine... and elite entitlism... Which IMO is killing the game. No maybe they don't "need" a Dread Warhorse... but was a time when that was the high end pet to have. But it's a good pet. So is the Bane. Sure they can make due but honestly... just making due isn't "fun" for many people. You could make due with GM crafted armor too... but no we have all kinds things better than that. Are you saying that they should just get by with the least a person can have?

I'm saying that when there is something that gives stat advantage and gives people a bonus it should NEVER be limited time only. I mean what if they made something like the Crimmy or Tangle limited? For a LONG time the robe from Halloween was limited... and people were upset. Now you can get one with points in Blackthorns...

IMO the Bane Dragon and Dread Warhorse are the "robe" of Tamers... and it's clearly not right.
@MalagAste - I swear, if you spent as much time IN GAME trying to get these "rare pets" and less time complaining here on Stratics about how everything is unfair; you would have a multiple stables filled with all these rare pets. Again what I'm saying is deemed asinine by YOU because it doesn't benefit YOU. I also think you should stop trying to use big words because you tend to use them wrong. I'm not the person with "elite entitlism"...it's YOU that are the person whining it's not fair and that YOU should have an opportunity to have all these rare pets. So wouldn't you be the person acting entitled? I've been saying the entire time that if you want something that might be rare then put the work in and try to get it. I wasn't playing UO when the dreads or banes were spawning ( I missed BOTH) so I didn't have a chance to put the work in but do you see me complaining about being entitled to have a chance to tame one or rage quitting because I can't? If I really wanted one then I'd work up the money to buy one and yes you can buy one if you say you are buying in Gen Chat. Within minutes I'm sure someone will ask "how much you paying?" and you go from there. Please spare me your next whiny rant though about them price gouging; it's supply demand so don't think you can buy a dreadmare for 10mil.

I'm actually wondering if you live in the U.S. where it's very similar economics to UO. People that put in the time/energy/resources of the things they seek often time get them (but not always). Although I disagree with virtually everything you post (as I see 99% of it as whining about everything being "unfair") I will give you some friendly advice that I hope you take. Do the new High Seas Rising Tide content; grind it out as much as you can and stockpile points so you can get 10+ statues. Stick them in your bank box to save stable slots and forget about them. After a couple of years go by you will have MANY "rare pets" that you can do whatever you want with. You can sell them for a profit and buy those other "rare pets" you must have... or you could make things fair and you could give all but one away to people that didn't get one in order to be fair :D

My only saving grace on this topic is that I see you are in the minority on the way you think. Sure it's not fair that you can't have all the pets but at least most everyone else realizes that not everything is fair.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@MalagAste - I swear, if you spent as much time IN GAME trying to get these "rare pets" and less time complaining here on Stratics about how everything is unfair; you would have a multiple stables filled with all these rare pets. Again what I'm saying is deemed asinine by YOU because it doesn't benefit YOU. I also think you should stop trying to use big words because you tend to use them wrong. I'm not the person with "elite entitlism"...it's YOU that are the person whining it's not fair and that YOU should have an opportunity to have all these rare pets. So wouldn't you be the person acting entitled? I've been saying the entire time that if you want something that might be rare then put the work in and try to get it. I wasn't playing UO when the dreads or banes were spawning ( I missed BOTH) so I didn't have a chance to put the work in but do you see me complaining about being entitled to have a chance to tame one or rage quitting because I can't? If I really wanted one then I'd work up the money to buy one and yes you can buy one if you say you are buying in Gen Chat. Within minutes I'm sure someone will ask "how much you paying?" and you go from there. Please spare me your next whiny rant though about them price gouging; it's supply demand so don't think you can buy a dreadmare for 10mil.

I'm actually wondering if you live in the U.S. where it's very similar economics to UO. People that put in the time/energy/resources of the things they seek often time get them (but not always). Although I disagree with virtually everything you post (as I see 99% of it as whining about everything being "unfair") I will give you some friendly advice that I hope you take. Do the new High Seas Rising Tide content; grind it out as much as you can and stockpile points so you can get 10+ statues. Stick them in your bank box to save stable slots and forget about them. After a couple of years go by you will have MANY "rare pets" that you can do whatever you want with. You can sell them for a profit and buy those other "rare pets" you must have... or you could make things fair and you could give all but one away to people that didn't get one in order to be fair :D

My only saving grace on this topic is that I see you are in the minority on the way you think. Sure it's not fair that you can't have all the pets but at least most everyone else realizes that not everything is fair.
I happen to have plenty of bane dragons and Dread Warhorses.... I'm just saying it's not right.

Let's just say they should stop all crafting and spawning of Katanas... Then they should stop all crafting and spawning of the Kryss... Why because these should be "rares"... those who have them great for you but no one else should be able to get a Katana or a Kryss because they once spawned and were craftable but now you can't have them anymore....

Same stupid logic crap you are telling me about the pets... a pet is a Tamers weapon...

It's like the same moronic argument given on why we can't imbue a spellbook... Tamers/Mages/and magic uses are all stuck at the whim of the DEVs while Dexers can have every slayer they could ever want... use any talisman they desire and it works fine... but a tamer wants to compete god forbid... Mage wants to be able to have a Bird Slayer well NO you have to have been in game doing some spawn 3 years ago... or you had to spend hours and hours and 10million points getting random spellbooks from and event and still NOT have a Bird Slayer spellbook... but you should pay the scripter who duped 10 to 20 of them some outlandish amount of gold for one or RL cash off the 3rd party website to get one...

I'm calling it all BS.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I happen to have plenty of bane dragons and Dread Warhorses.... I'm just saying it's not right.

Let's just say they should stop all crafting and spawning of Katanas... Then they should stop all crafting and spawning of the Kryss... Why because these should be "rares"... those who have them great for you but no one else should be able to get a Katana or a Kryss because they once spawned and were craftable but now you can't have them anymore....

Same stupid logic crap you are telling me about the pets... a pet is a Tamers weapon...

It's like the same moronic argument given on why we can't imbue a spellbook... Tamers/Mages/and magic uses are all stuck at the whim of the DEVs while Dexers can have every slayer they could ever want... use any talisman they desire and it works fine... but a tamer wants to compete god forbid... Mage wants to be able to have a Bird Slayer well NO you have to have been in game doing some spawn 3 years ago... or you had to spend hours and hours and 10million points getting random spellbooks from and event and still NOT have a Bird Slayer spellbook... but you should pay the scripter who duped 10 to 20 of them some outlandish amount of gold for one or RL cash off the 3rd party website to get one...

I'm calling it all BS.
Oh is that so... well if you are so concerned with "fair" then you should give me a dreadmare & bane since I wasn't around for them and I cannot get them. It's only "fair" right? Why should you get to hoard them all while I have none? In return I will put up with non-sense arguments you try to use like removing the katana from the game or trying to play the "woe is me because I'm a poor tamer trying to make it in the world" card. :)

You could probably make the arguments that in a sense they have removed the katana from the game now because it's special moves etc just aren't great. Please tell me the last time you saw more than one random person running around using a katana... I guess since this is the case you think EVERY weapon in the game should have the same moves and same mods to be "fair". That's essentially what they did with pets though... now you can essentially make a nightmare the same exact build as a dreadmare with pet trainining. You could also even make a nightmare similar to a bane dragon. So at this point you are literally complaining about their pixels because the functions can be very comparable and you want a pet that says "a dread warhorse".

And are you REALLY complaining that a tamer gets the short end of the stick... do you even read the stuff you write before pressing post? Have you ever done an event on any shard? I will literally lag out (the only time I do) from all the dragons/cus/beetles/etc I see being sicked on the boss while their master is sitting out of range from an attack (possibly lagging out too) doing nothing. This has to be because everyone is a glutton for punishment though and just love using characters that "can't compete". I actually stopped doing EM events because I can't target the boss and get more than a couple hits on a boss to get a drop without having to run back to heal after a hit... while the tamers just need to say "all kill" and let their 700+ hp pet tank the boss.Tamer's are more than able to compete in UO... give me a break lol. The fact that you really are calling BS confirms that you have a very warped perception of reality and it's clear that EVERYONE is out to get you... hurry up and put on your tin foil hat before "the man" starts reading your brain waves!!! :D

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh is that so... well if you are so concerned with "fair" then you should give me a dreadmare & bane since I wasn't around for them and I cannot get them. It's only "fair" right? Why should you get to hoard them all while I have none? In return I will put up with non-sense arguments you try to use like removing the katana from the game or trying to play the "woe is me because I'm a poor tamer trying to make it in the world" card. :)

You could probably make the arguments that in a sense they have removed the katana from the game now because it's special moves etc just aren't great. Please tell me the last time you saw more than one random person running around using a katana... I guess since this is the case you think EVERY weapon in the game should have the same moves and same mods to be "fair". That's essentially what they did with pets though... now you can essentially make a nightmare the same exact build as a dreadmare with pet trainining. You could also even make a nightmare similar to a bane dragon. So at this point you are literally complaining about their pixels because the functions can be very comparable and you want a pet that says "a dread warhorse".

And are you REALLY complaining that a tamer gets the short end of the stick... do you even read the stuff you write before pressing post? Have you ever done an event on any shard? I will literally lag out (the only time I do) from all the dragons/cus/beetles/etc I see being sicked on the boss while their master is sitting out of range from an attack (possibly lagging out too) doing nothing. This has to be because everyone is a glutton for punishment though and just love using characters that "can't compete". I actually stopped doing EM events because I can't target the boss and get more than a couple hits on a boss to get a drop without having to run back to heal after a hit... while the tamers just need to say "all kill" and let their 700+ hp pet tank the boss.Tamer's are more than able to compete in UO... give me a break lol. The fact that you really are calling BS confirms that you have a very warped perception of reality and it's clear that EVERYONE is out to get you... hurry up and put on your tin foil hat before "the man" starts reading your brain waves!!! :D
I do events on GLs every week... I have no problem at all getting the bar of the boss... because I use the EC...

I don't take a Tamer either. As there isn't a single pet out there that can out perform the ABC Archer... And it doesn't matter if I'm standing 10 tiles away or 3 ... still die often enough as most bosses at EM Events do MASSIVE area effect damage and I'm fairly certain I see tamers dying all the time...

But I also see my friend and alliance member who is a swordsman doing just as well as me and he stands toe to toe with the thing...

If you can't get the bar that's your fault for not using the proper client... not anyone elses...

Doesn't matter what a tamer uses they will never do as much damage as most dexers and even most pure magic users... ever. Their pet might survive longer and might do slow small continual damage over time but many pets at EM Events get torn to shreds in no time.

I'm not giving you anything especially with an attitude towards others as you have.

I do not have a warped perception of reality... You do if you think I can train up any pet to be like a Bane Dragon...

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I do events on GLs every week... I have no problem at all getting the bar of the boss... because I use the EC...

I don't take a Tamer either. As there isn't a single pet out there that can out perform the ABC Archer... And it doesn't matter if I'm standing 10 tiles away or 3 ... still die often enough as most bosses at EM Events do MASSIVE area effect damage and I'm fairly certain I see tamers dying all the time...

But I also see my friend and alliance member who is a swordsman doing just as well as me and he stands toe to toe with the thing...

If you can't get the bar that's your fault for not using the proper client... not anyone elses...

Doesn't matter what a tamer uses they will never do as much damage as most dexers and even most pure magic users... ever. Their pet might survive longer and might do slow small continual damage over time but many pets at EM Events get torn to shreds in no time.

I'm not giving you anything especially with an attitude towards others as you have.

I do not have a warped perception of reality... You do if you think I can train up any pet to be like a Bane Dragon...
My attitude is really only towards you because I think you should stop whining and complaining about literally everything in the game. You non-stop complain on every single thread about something being fair. If it were up to you every character would do the same damage and use the same items and have access to all the same pets and UO would be boring and have ended 10 years ago. You want everything tailored to your play style. If you could take a step back for a minute and realize that LIFE IS NOT FAIR then you would save yourself a great deal of time constantly b******ing and more importantly you would save everyone the time of wasting their time looking at your whiny posts. If you think UO is so unfair then please do us all a favor and quit; but we know you won't because you are that person who makes the same empty promise threats every time something changes you don't like.

I really do think you are completely clueless and quite possible that you don't even read what I write before you start rage typing. You don't take what I say at face value but rather twist what I'm writing to suit your crybaby rant and worst yet you literally are saying that I wrote things that I NEVER WROTE! Get your glasses checked; please.
1. I never said a tamer will out damage an archer etc. I said don't cry about tamers get short changed when they can still do plenty of damage with their pet.
2.I didn't say tamers never die. Even if they die though their pet can still stays alive doing damage while they get rezzed (a warrior won't do much damage while they are dead).
3. I didn't blame anyone for me not getting the health bar... I don't cry about things being everyone else's fault like you do. Last time I checked there are 2 clients and neither one is considered "proper".
4. I didn't say ANY pet could be trained to be a bane dragon. I said certain ones could which is true and if you don't believe me maybe you aren't using the proper pet. If you weren't such a baby I'd tell you exactly how to make a pet that can replace a bane; but I know you would cry that it doesn't LOOK LIKE a bane dragon.

What you need to realize is that UO was made for different user experiences. If you want to do massive damage then you are welcome to make that build, if you want to be a group player that helps to heal / buff the party you can do that, so on and so forth. So PLEASE stop crying about things not being fair because you have the ability to make similar builds OR buy things that don't spawn anymore. Do us all a favor and just stop whining.

I do apologize to everyone else that this thread was taken over by Malagste ranting about how the game & life isn't fair and I felt compelled to point out how it's unwarranted. I will try not to respond to whatever whiny rant is posted because at the end of the day there is no arguing with stupid :)