• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How long does consecrate weapon last?

M

mookin1

I can find no info anywhere and there's no buff icon for it, how can i tell if it's on or not? How long does it last?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This was just answered in the last few weeks by the devs.

Look for the FOF posts on U.Hall, or on the main entrance page of uo.stratics.com

G

See Five on Friday for 25 Jan - right here

Formulas for Enemy of One, Divine Fury and Consecrate Weapon all explained!

S

shadow4166

Hey guys,

I was curious, so I plugged in the numbers on my own. I got a bit of a different result than what was listed on the page. Anyone good with Excel that can confirm or deny this? Here's my formulas:

EoO - =SQRT(($E$2+20000+($D$2*100))/1)
Divine Fury - =SQRT(($E$2+20000+($D$2*100))/10)
CW - =SQRT(($E$2+20000+($D$2*100))/20)

Where D2 is Chiv (set to 120) and E2 is Karma (set to 20,000). The results I got were:

EoO 228 seconds, Divine Fury 72 seconds, and CW 51 seconds. According to that Friday at 5 page, DF only lasts 22 seconds and CW only lasts 11 at max chiv/karma.

Did I miscalculate somewhere? Am I reading the formula wrong? The first value was dead on, which makes me believe that the formula is correct, but the values are different. If this is the case, then the only diff between 120 chiv and 100 chiv is 4 seconds of EoO, and one second each of DF and CW at max karma.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You may want to compare your formulas to the ones "T'Amon-from work" added to the Paladin FAQ (the first post in this forum).

D

dorkuberalles

i wonder if there is more to the formula, just because i have 118 chivalry, and extremely high karma (no longer gaining off succubi or balrons, paragon lich lords give 'some karma'). divine fury lists 24 seconds on my buffs menu when active. according to the formula, it should only last 22 seconds.

i wonder if karma is capped at 20000 or not in the formulas, i'm thinking it's not. paragon succubi still give a lot of karma when i manage to solo.

G

If you no longer gain from Succubus, then plug 24000 in the Karma value and see what you get. That is the cap for Succubus Fame and Karma absolute values. So, if you get none, your Karma is 24000 or more.

Also people, watch the parentheticals! In the forumula you should end up taking the square root BEFORE the last division!

D

dorkuberalles

the devs made it sound like karma was capped at 20000. which could be the case as reaching that level takes a lot of time and commitment, not to mention never doing an action to drop your karma.

from what i can tell, karma isn't capped, theoretically the cap may be around 32000. the gains to the abilities are modest to best at these levels though.