• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) how is the pvp scene on origin?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is it active???
how many guilds?
or is it mostly solo vvv?
I need to hone my pvp skills....and I cant seem to do that on my shard...so thinking of moving another character here!

thanks
TW

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been starting a new Colony on siege but so have not done much on origin while "away" but when I was active I did find many smaller battles. If you are looking for a good rp guild to work with or train (pvp) I can help, particularly if you want to walk the path of the Paladin.

-Lore

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Garbage from what I hear. I've got a buddy over there messing around apparently farming some locals, but I guess they've gone inactive in fel since then or something.
If you're looking for a west coast server, try Baja. Few active guilds to fight over there.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You hear wrong my friend. BTH/FL/OKOJ/XMG.....there are a few newcomers that, at least for me, I will not fight, but overall it's decent.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
From what I understand, VvV towns are rarely done and when they are the few who do them almost never stick around to pvp. Buddy of mine was telling me how some random parry dexxer ran from him 1v1 from trinsic all the way to yew gate. And I guess spawns are done even more rarely.

It's all fine and dandy to want new players to come to your server, but at least tell them like it is and don't lie to them in an attempt to trick them to coming over to said server.

Then again I only know of the server from word of mouth and on the occasion that I do an event there, in which case the few fel events that I have attended (missed yesterdays but heard it was a pretty hilarious event) there are usually only a handful of VvV people at them, no reds and the bulk of the VvV people are controlled by the same person from the looks of it. I could be wrong though.

It's just my opinion as a multi-xshard pvper, but I wouldn't waste a suit + an xfer (shield or not) on the mere chance of hit and miss, very low end pvp. BUT, maybe unless that's what you're looking for? *shrugs*

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't lie. Me and my guild spawn all the time...you just gotta find us ;)

And last time I went to a VvV call, the people that supposedly took an alter were nowhere to be found.

We had a good fight a few nights back in Yew. I won't claim to be a *l33t* pvp'r, I suck mostly lol but I still have fun....for the most part. I also don't call people out but there are a few bad seeds that I just won't give the pleasure too :)

Axia

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hey buddy, there a a touch of pvp here, its largely in fel. Not super overwhelming like larger shards. We should get together sometime and do fun stuff ya?