• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How is that fair?

C

Connor_Graham

If you want a cloak - hit it FIRST once with blackrock and then sit back and collect your cloak when others drop it.

That seems pretty lazy. Why wouldn't you help to finish killing it?

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

That seems pretty lazy. Why wouldn't you help to finish killing it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause I'm off killing angels and wisps for the other items.

C

Connor_Graham

Hmm...

The sooner a SL dies, the sooner another one can spawn.

But I guess greedy people don't think along those terms, only of the here and now.....

P

pallas

<blockquote><hr>

Hmm...

The sooner a SL dies, the sooner another one can spawn.

But I guess greedy people don't think along those terms, only of the here and now.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you like some more stones for them glass houses?

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Fixed: One for each of the Top 3 attackers.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if you don't have a tamer? At all. Period. Never. Won't ever. How exactly does one get in the top 3 if you do all the fighting yourself?

[/ QUOTE ]

or get around all the armagedon casters?

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Mine were doing close to 900 damage per casting.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's it? Mine usually do around 25,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first person to cast it does 25k damage. The second about half that, and the third about half of the second. If you hit for 25k, 13k, or 6k, you're gonna get a cloak as long as you stick around and continue to do damage.

C

Chango Pelon

<blockquote><hr>

*Laughs*

You people are funny. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that blackrock strikes are percentage based.

IE the amt of dmg is determined by doing a PERCENTAGE of his total HP.

It is not possible to kill one with blackrock. You must melee it down the last bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I KNOW that, that is why I did try to hit it first, thus helping me be in the top damage ranks. i play a support role as does my guild mate, so we Armad and healed others. *laughs* That is why I said OBVIOUSLY, though apparently not ob vious enough.

By the way, I am hating using Noble Sacrifice on ghosts, dropping my stats, and them not taking the rez.

I

imported_Vyrquenox

if I remember right going into magincia with your cu was an excercise in deep problems and the archers were getting slammed for having the event made for them. Now one day they will make an event where the crap can only be damaged by mage spells and/or pet immune etc and then the mages will be being hated and they will gloat. Etc. etc.

I

imported_Lord Kynd

<blockquote><hr>

I know the devs tried to make a cool event but come on, the lag issue was stupid and the whole everything getting stuck in buildings. THEN waiting forever for the shadowlords so i can kill them and when they spawn didnt getting anything. this was stupid. I am seriously debating quitting after this crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

your not the only one with this thought, i'm getting tired of spending MY money on shabby service.
it's getting hard to be supportive is all.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was the first to attack one and used the Arma spell, it did over 6k, then a guildie casted right after and got over 3k. Obviously it does less as the SL hitpoints decrease.

weird! Me and everybody else i know doing it is hitting them for around 25k on the first cast of arma spell then the damage dealt drops each time it is cast on it. but could have been cast on then th person casting died and it healed back up perhaps?

It spawned almost on top of me, I casted, did over 6k, probably like 6400ish, that took it to under half, then guildie did the 3k and it was down to under a fourth before others jumped on it. We both got cloaks. I dunno, maybe harder/more HP depending on crowd?

[/ QUOTE ]

*Laughs*

You people are funny. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that blackrock strikes are percentage based.

IE the amt of dmg is determined by doing a PERCENTAGE of his total HP.

It is not possible to kill one with blackrock. You must melee it down the last bit.

Say it starts with 35,000 HP. The first one does 25,000. Leaving it with 10,000. The next one does a PERCENTAGE so it takes off 6400. Next one 1000 then down to the 900's etc.

If you want a cloak - hit it FIRST once with blackrock and then sit back and collect your cloak when others drop it.

I logged in to GL this morning on my Pally. I got 3 cloaks in 15 min. Hit it, go hide - cloak. Find another, armageddon, hide.

On several I hit them 2-3 times with blackrock to make it easier for others to take down. I used about 8 pieces of blackrock and got 3 cloaks.

I have 150 more pieces at home. Anyone know how much longer this event is going to go on?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said anything stating that it wasnt % based theo! i just stated that a fresh shadow lord hit with the spell should have been hit with more damage then just 6k damage. Along with a possible answer to the reasoning that it only got hit for 6k. We do not know that they might develope a resistance each time its hit with the spell and if left alone regenerates hp back up. The next cast is the 10k damage and not 25k again! They did said that it does less damage every time the spell is used on them. maybe its hard coded in on them, but with all the cloak frenzy i dont think people will try and waste a rock to test it!