• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How is that fair?

L

LordIssac

After killing the ethy Shadowlords
ONE person gets THREE cloak of corruptions? And everyone is left hanging?

How does that make sense

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
....not sure if you really want one of those to be honest......

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, either tell us what you know, or stop with the cryptic "i know something and you don't" posts.

G

<blockquote><hr>

How does that make sense

[/ QUOTE ]Fixed: One for each of the Top 3 attackers.

L

LordIssac

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

How does that make sense

[/ QUOTE ]

So...Fixed it after they are already dead?

Woo

J

J0KING

If it is possible... can we move some of the spawn out of the building on the GL?

Bunch of people with nothing to kill... well... we can look at them, just cant kill them

R

robbie2281

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

How does that make sense

[/ QUOTE ]

Why only the Top 3 attackers? So those people with super dragons can collect them while my bard gets left in the dust? Why not guarantee one to the top attacker and randomize the other two?

T

themaster879

I know the devs tried to make a cool event but come on, the lag issue was stupid and the whole everything getting stuck in buildings. THEN waiting forever for the shadowlords so i can kill them and when they spawn didnt getting anything. this was stupid. I am seriously debating quitting after this crap.

G

The buildings on Catskills need to be cleared also, some of them have blackrock infected monsters waiting to eat us

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

How does that make sense

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure I can out damage a uber dragon....

H

Hoody

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

How does that make sense

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure I can out damage a uber dragon....

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure would be nice if they would have made it so the top 3 hitters were in catagories - top hitter mage - top hitter dexxer - top hitter tamer - i can see mages getting annoyed again.
Any stats on cloaks? colour?

G

and you guys still wonder why people complain about the events?

you fixed something after they were already killed? thats brillant!

you have had this event coded for a sometime, stress tested it, had it on test center. yet there were still problems with drops? Did you guys fire your q/a section or are we the p(l)ayers that now?

and you can not figure out why we can not get new players?

G

Its very frustrating to be there for the event and not have a chance to get the same items as everyone else. I wouldn't mind having to be there for "awhile" or kill a lot, but I'd like the same opportunity. Even something like for rp purposes would be great.

I didn't even see the big bad guy spawn myself.

R

Repowski

Please clear the monsters from the buildings in LS... nothing to kill.

G

<blockquote><hr>

and you guys still wonder why people complain about the events?

you fixed something after they were already killed? thats brillant!

[/ QUOTE ]
Shadowlords continue to spawn, they were not a one time spawn.

G

yes I know this,

my point is that this event has been coded for nearly a year, and they never found a problem with the cloaks not dropping for people? Where is the QA?Draconi had to make a hotfix on the fly?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Fixed: One for each of the Top 3 attackers.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if you don't have a tamer? At all. Period. Never. Won't ever. How exactly does one get in the top 3 if you do all the fighting yourself?

G

A pure archer in our guild managed to get one. You don't have to be a tamer to be a top damager. The only one left out here is pretty much the pure mage.

G

Yeah, I'll admit it's a pain.. I'm not even getting looting rights to the corpses, I don't think I have any chance to get in the top 3 *cry*. It seems to be the same folks getting them one after the others. Be a lot nicer if after someone received one, they weren't able to get another.

I

imported_Skrag

Chiv archers and tamers, like always. Anyway, by the end you'll be seeing these event items thrown on the floor at the bank after everyone has 5000 each, just like all those pyros staffs from Magincia, so don't panic.

G

I do have a question.. can they appear anywhere in the area? That might help the camping.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

Please clear the monsters from the buildings in LS... nothing to kill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come to Pacific. We've got so much stuff around we can't do anything. Berserker Demons surrounding the gate, so you die as soon as you enter, then get rezkilled because there's so much spawn around.

R

robbie2281

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

How does that make sense

[/ QUOTE ]

Why only the Top 3 attackers? So those people with super dragons can collect them while my bard gets left in the dust? Why not guarantee one to the top attacker and randomize the other two?

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually I stand corrected... using up a piece of blackrock (with a certain spell that uses blackrock) against the shadowlords tends to get you in the top 3 attackers quite easily.

C

Connor_Graham

As I asked in another thread, what if you're not a spellcaster? Does it still work?

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

How does that make sense

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]You were expecting better? Every event ends up turning into a tamer event. There was nothing there to keep the tamer honest. Super dragon + all kill = cloak

G

While we are talking about fairness to different categories of players...my bard was able to discord the shadow lord, making him that much easier for others to kill, but, as usual, I got no credit for this feat. How 'bout it, Devs? Could a little bard lady who loves UO and has fun with her bard character ask for some love for bards' abilities? Pleaaaasssse.

G

<blockquote><hr>

While we are talking about fairness to different categories of players...my bard was able to discord the shadow lord, making him that much easier for others to kill, but, as usual, I got no credit for this feat. How 'bout it, Devs? Could a little bard lady who loves UO and has fun with her bard character ask for some love for bards' abilities? Pleaaaasssse.

[/ QUOTE ]

They should have one goodies drop for everyone in the area. That is, everyone in the area gets an equal chance of receiving a goodies drop when a big creature goes down. Thus those that are healing, discording, or whatever have a chance at rewards. Now I realize many will bring stealthers just to skim off the top so to speak, but they are thieves and that's what they do, after all.

G

I like that idea, Sablestorm.

Since my character is still training skills, she is trying to fill a support roll (when not running for her life!) by healing and curing those in battle. I've even managed to get a sword so far, and plenty of gold to help offset insurance losses. It would be nice to get a chance at the big item though.

I am having a great time either way!

I wanted to see if Chessy gets some daemons soon, but I'm starting to nod out at the computer. *yawn* I better get some sleep!

G

Yeah, I'll admit it's a pain.. I'm not even getting looting rights to the corpses, I don't think I have any chance to get in the top 3 *cry*. It seems to be the same folks getting them one after the others. Be a lot nicer if after someone received one, they weren't able to get another.
----------------------------------------------

I THINK THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN!! only able to get 1 per char!!...

drac we need another fix!!!!!quick too

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

A pure archer in our guild managed to get one. You don't have to be a tamer to be a top damager. The only one left out here is pretty much the pure mage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong...

if you know what you're doing, you could get one on an artisan.

G

im using a uber dragon and i have been in on the taking down of 5 shadow lords so far and didnt get anything! I have noticed a few dexxers that moved in and attacked them after the they was focused on our dragons and have to say they laid the smack down on it so i wouldnt be to hard on the tamers.

I

imported_WildStar

Point one: EA fixed the drop problem. Yes, it is too late for the people who were effected by it. They now have a chance to get a cloak, if they try for one.

Point two: Trying playing a cleric type character in these events - healing and rezzing people only. I am not after items or I would of brought a different character in the first place.

I had a summoned Earth and Water Elemental guarding me. I got some fame once when a monster flagged on me and they went to defend me. A person playing that type of character has a zero shot at looting rights and event items. Our reward is the thank you we get sometimes.

WildStar

G

RTLFC I have to say, this is the FIRST event that I've actually felt like I had an even shot on my mage/bard. As Sarphus said, ANY CHARACTER TEMPLATE has a really good chance to get in on the cloaks. Even a smith or tailor. First event I've seen in my years in UO where every template had an equal shot. Add to this that it's not a one time thing, this is going on for a while and I have to say, good job.

Don't get me wrong, YES, the spawn is NUTS. YES it's hard. YES it's a bit laggy when you get all the spawn plus all the people in one area. But it's still the only equal opportunity event I've EVER seen in UO as far as the Shadowlords go. Other spawn, mebbe not so much. LOL

G

Ok, so casting armegeddon with blackrock in pack, blows up shadow lords....and a tailor can get top 3 attacker spot. Great...

Now how do you get the shadow lords to spawn? 4 hours ago was the last one i saw and I didnt get on attacker list (

G

<blockquote><hr>

Now how do you get the shadow lords to spawn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone a LOT smarter than me is gonna have to answer that one. It seemed really random so real life luck might play a part, just being in the right place at the right time. I'm still trying to figure out the spawn rate part.

G

They should have one goodies drop for everyone in the area. That is, everyone in the area gets an equal chance of receiving a goodies drop when a big creature goes down. Thus those that are healing, discording, or whatever have a chance at rewards. Now I realize many will bring stealthers just to skim off the top so to speak, but they are thieves and that's what they do, after all.

They could have done this for, oh, I don't know... the people who were present both evenings with blackrock in pack as stated in various posts by the devs.

But I guess not.

*shrug*

G

<blockquote><hr>

so casting armegeddon with blackrock in pack, blows up shadow lords

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly...I don't trust Draconi. I refuse to cast armaggedon.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone a LOT smarter than me is gonna have to answer that one

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to say for sure, but it seems to be behaving like a champ spawn. Enough dead other stuff and a shadowlord pops up.

J

jelake

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

so casting armegeddon with blackrock in pack, blows up shadow lords

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly...I don't trust Draconi. I refuse to cast armaggedon.

[/ QUOTE ]

It works. Walk up next to a Shadowlord and say Vas Kal An Mani In Corp Hur Tym with a piece of blackrock in your pack. Mine were doing close to 900 damage per casting.

Set up a key for it and you're good to go!

I

imported_Lariat

<blockquote><hr>

Mine were doing close to 900 damage per casting.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's it? Mine usually do around 25,000.

C

Chango Pelon

I was the first to attack one and used the Arma spell, it did over 6k, then a guildie casted right after and got over 3k. Obviously it does less as the SL hitpoints decrease.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone a LOT smarter than me is gonna have to answer that one

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to say for sure, but it seems to be behaving like a champ spawn. Enough dead other stuff and a shadowlord pops up.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think so here on great lakes yesterday night had like 5 in a row spawn one after the other. and tonight 2 at the same time i think its just a random spawn when it comes to the shadowlords. i still havent seen a beserker deamon as others have been saying are spawning in diff shards.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I was the first to attack one and used the Arma spell, it did over 6k, then a guildie casted right after and got over 3k. Obviously it does less as the SL hitpoints decrease.

[/ QUOTE ]

weird! Me and everybody else i know doing it is hitting them for around 25k on the first cast of arma spell then the damage dealt drops each time it is cast on it. but could have been cast on then th person casting died and it healed back up perhaps?

C

Chango Pelon

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

weird! Me and everybody else i know doing it is hitting them for around 25k on the first cast of arma spell then the damage dealt drops each time it is cast on it. but could have been cast on then th person casting died and it healed back up perhaps?

[/ QUOTE ]

It spawned almost on top of me, I casted, did over 6k, probably like 6400ish, that took it to under half, then guildie did the 3k and it was down to under a fourth before others jumped on it. We both got cloaks. I dunno, maybe harder/more HP depending on crowd?

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It spawned almost on top of me, I casted, did over 6k, probably like 6400ish, that took it to under half, then guildie did the 3k and it was down to under a fourth before others jumped on it. We both got cloaks. I dunno, maybe harder/more HP depending on crowd?

[/ QUOTE ]

*Laughs*

You people are funny. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that blackrock strikes are percentage based.

IE the amt of dmg is determined by doing a PERCENTAGE of his total HP.

It is not possible to kill one with blackrock. You must melee it down the last bit.

Say it starts with 35,000 HP. The first one does 25,000. Leaving it with 10,000. The next one does a PERCENTAGE so it takes off 6400. Next one 1000 then down to the 900's etc.

If you want a cloak - hit it FIRST once with blackrock and then sit back and collect your cloak when others drop it.

I logged in to GL this morning on my Pally. I got 3 cloaks in 15 min. Hit it, go hide - cloak. Find another, armageddon, hide.

On several I hit them 2-3 times with blackrock to make it easier for others to take down. I used about 8 pieces of blackrock and got 3 cloaks.

I have 150 more pieces at home. Anyone know how much longer this event is going to go on?