• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

how in the workd can i raise vet?

C

cac

Uoguide says heal a rez pet and say no....well there is no option to say no it just does it. Now what?

S

sayler04

this threads probably old news, but ill throw in anyway. My favorite way to raise vet is taking my mare/runie combo and farming swoop. It may take a little longer than some powergaming techniques, but you're vetting so much that gains are steady, and you make bank doing it

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I have two horses attack each other. Then, I record a UOAssist macro: heal horse 1, pause, heal horse 2. Four tamers to 110+ vet/lore this way.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hang out in Luna, rez every dead pet that shows up.

Metalstorm

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did it the old fashion way.

I hunted with my pets and healed them as needed.

If you hunt the big stuff (not talking peerless and such, just any hard hitting bugger) you will burn though hundreds and hundreds of bandies getting good gains.

Also when training your pet. Always use bandies. Never magic and vet will slowly but steadily rise.

Lore will also rise, sometimes stealing a gain from the vet skill. So if your lore is sufficient and you need to get vet up quickly just lock lore until vet is high enough to meet your needs.

Then remember to unlock lore and let them continue to rise as they want.

greenwolf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if your in a guild you can get 2 horses one named A and other named B. (don't have to be named just easier to explain) Have A kill B then just have UO Assist run a macro to heal B every 2 seconds. B should be the only one being attacked. I got mine from 40 to gm doing this at luna stables.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For training on a dead pet ghost, it needs to be someone else's pet.... they will get the gump asking if they wish to accept the res, if they say no the ghost will still be there and you can keep trying.

If it's your own pet, the game assumes you must automatically want the res to happen, so never asks you and just brings them straight back to life.