• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How i open npc locked doors?

N

Nisse/Ubbe

On SP you cant use telekinesis. So does it work whit lockpicking?
If it do how much is needed?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure you can. You may have to learn how to drop into those areas, since you seem to be having problems sharing their runes with you...la

L

Lord Richard

It's been my observation for some 9 years now that if a door is locked in the game, it can't be unlocked, that is controlled by scripts in the server. If the door is locked it's most likely there is nothing on the other side you can do anything with, I know of a place in Britian where you can see thru the walls of a building behind the Britian Inn near the healer's shack there are some neat looking items inside, but you can not go in there, the doors are really not doors, they are just a script that is a wall made to look like a door. Think of these so called locked doors as any ogher object in the game like a tree, a rock, a mountain...they are just there for the visual effect.

N

Nisse/Ubbe

i want to get in to the chests in Trinsic bank. On regular shards you cast telekinesis on the dor 2-3 titels away and you can go in. Dosent work on SP

K

Kurgan

On Napa, those doors are also locked. I have taken my GM lockpicker, and had no luck opening them up..

L

Lord Drakelord

On Napa, those doors are also locked. I have taken my GM lockpicker, and had no luck opening them up..

On Sonoma those doors are also locked, but some folks do have runes to the room.

N

Nisse/Ubbe

You cant opend thees doors whit opend lock spell on any server. The thing is you need telekinesis. That is why i ask what rule is on SP.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are going to have to figure out how to get into rooms like that or find someone with a rune into those rooms. I know Crazy Joe used to have some runes into spots like that, but I am not sure anyone was able to nab his rune books when his old house dropped on Siege. I'm shocked that spot hasn't been filled with a house since that time either...la

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do you have such a pressing need to get in there? It's not as if you need those chests to train lockpicking, especially on Siege with RoT.

N

Nisse/Ubbe

Im building a runlib. Dont know if you ever saw one of mine on europa. I get runes to every thing :)
This rune is for my book whit lockpicking locations.

Both times i had ower 500 books and my goal here on SP is to create the bigest on this shard

L

Lord Drakelord

You are going to have to figure out how to get into rooms like that or find someone with a rune into those rooms. I know Crazy Joe used to have some runes into spots like that, but I am not sure anyone was able to nab his rune books when his old house dropped on Siege. I'm shocked that spot hasn't been filled with a house since that time either...la

Now there is one awesome dude, used to read his posts all the time! Sad to see him leave UO after all those years playing. What he did in game to help the Hurricane relief effort was grand!