• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) How does the method of using an SoA to improve skill gain on Siege work?

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Found an SoA for Discordance today. What do I do, step by step, to use it to get faster gains? I'd like to have at least 74 discordance by next fall, preferably without spending every waking minute of each day training until next fall...

At the rate it's been going, I'll be insane.gif by then. <g>

Void425

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
If your skill is under 70 you just use it then keep discording non stop. If your skill is 70 then you should save your SOA because you get a gain every 5 minutes anyways. A lot of people will Discord, Go Home, Log out, Wait until Rot expires, Log in, Repeat

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First one I've ever used. Thought there was a trick to using them on Siege. :)

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The best method (from when I did it) was to place a house near water and place a small boat just off shore. Use one account to tame an animal that can be discorded with skill gain and release it on your boat. Leave it trapped there and log into your disco guy (unless of course they are the same character) and disco the pet, from your house, and immediately log out. Since discordance is an auto skill it shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 seconds to get the spell off, gain skill and log out. You should be able to gain at least 15 points off a single SOA this way. The closer your house is to the target the more skill points you'll gain (no running involved).

Also, as the above poster stated don't pop it until you're in ROT (this should be obvious). But get about 2 or 3 discordance SOA's and you should be able to take it to 120 easily.

Last edited:

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But this method could be outdated. So if it is just disregard.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
make sure you insta log in a house. u can use above method just by gateing to the spot and gateing back.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Will Discording something count as attacking and cause the 2min. timer to log out kick in?

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder what skill level you need for bardsong. I used that to 120 my Disco with soA. Just casting bard song.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bardsong needs 90 (Master) skill. Discord doesn't doesn't start the log out timer, Tanivar discorded a dog outside, logged out on the shop stairs, and wasn't there when I brought in Landreu.

Currently have 56.8 Music and 29.5 Discord using the training instructions from UOGuide.

Mitzlplik_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I did something similar to what freesly posted cept for I used my house and just released whatever critters are needed for that level. But imo blues don`t become important until your 70. Below 70,ignore the log in/log out thing.

I think I went from bora`s than to cu`s for gains in the house after 70.

Last edited:

greenwolf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually just did this recently for my tamer and I have gotten him to 115 discordance. All I did was go to the meer village, I believe its north/northeast of the sacrifice moongate in illsh. I just discorded one or two things there usually a mage or warrior to get the gain, and used my hiding macro and then logged out. Although it's not insta log and not ideal for SoA's you can still use this to help you gain. :)

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did something similar to what freesly posted cept for I used my house and just released whatever critters are needed for that level. But imo blues don`t become important until your 70. Below 70,ignore the log in/log out thing.

I think I went from bora`s than to cu`s for gains in the house after 70.
That's a good point. Releasing it in a make shift room in you house would work if the target is not aggressive. I used greater drags to get mine up. I put on some jewels so I had a chance and just released that bad boy on the boat.

Viscount Goop

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
ok heres my idea.
First, SoA's--skill 0-70 work the same as any other shard. I say dont use them till at least 25-30 cuz your already getting 0.1-0.5 gains. When youhit 70 you can do this,{currently training tinkering this way} Log in...eat SoA...gain...log outimeedyitley(sp?) * ya my spelling sux* then wait the amount of time till timer resets 70-79.9 5 mins 80-89.9 8 mins 90-99.9 12 mins and 100-120 every 15 mins. As for discording one way is to summon. I used rissing colossus' to go from 90-120. and no i dont think you get flagged w/ discord cuz i would go to the edge of my house cast,disco,dispell and repeat{only that was on atlantic and didnt have to wait for RoT. }SIEGE ON!!

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok heres my idea.
First, SoA's--skill 0-70 work the same as any other shard. I say dont use them till at least 25-30 cuz your already getting 0.1-0.5 gains. When youhit 70 you can do this,{currently training tinkering this way} Log in...eat SoA...gain...log outimeedyitley(sp?) * ya my spelling sux* then wait the amount of time till timer resets 70-79.9 5 mins 80-89.9 8 mins 90-99.9 12 mins and 100-120 every 15 mins. As for discording one way is to summon. I used rissing colossus' to go from 90-120. and no i dont think you get flagged w/ discord cuz i would go to the edge of my house cast,disco,dispell and repeat{only that was on atlantic and didnt have to wait for RoT. }SIEGE ON!!

Wouldn't you lose time from casting, running, then discording? I say, just have a monster contained, log in, discord, log out. No time loss. Maximizing your efficiency is key!

Last edited:

Void425

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Wouldn't you lose time from casting, running, then discording? I say, just have a monster contained, log in, discord, log out. No time loss. Maximizing your efficiency is key!
Blocking a monster or npc inside your house, or even around it is considered exploiting game mechanics and is a bannable offense. This would work but you must decide if that extra little bit is worth the risk.

Viscount Goop

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
and you should be able to summon something right outside your house,discord it, then log out with in 1 min, no longer! and ya i dont recomend keeping anything in your house for ToS reasons. no need to get banned!

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ultimately, if you're smart about it you're not going to get caught. I would rather take take the "risk" and gain skill within 5 seconds then waste 45 seconds on setting it up every time. The quicker you finish the less risk involved.

Mitzlplik_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ultimately, if you're smart about it you're not going to get caught. I would rather take take the "risk" and gain skill within 5 seconds then waste 45 seconds on setting it up every time. The quicker you finish the less risk involved.
Yup,same here. Plus I would be interested to see exactly why discoing pets in a house is illegal. I know provoking is because of blocking and not being able to be attacked. But discoing a non aggro creature that is freely walking around your house..... I`d have to call BS on that one. I`ve done it that way and if I ever build another discoer I`ll do it the same way cause even if you follow the TOS to a T...... how is a non aggresive creature freely walking around inside a house being discorded any different than one just oustide your steps. You won`t get attacked and your not stopping them from doing anything.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You won`t get attacked and your not stopping them from doing anything.
You are stopping them from wandering wherever the AI tries to take them by limiting their movement to only inside your house. That might be why it would be a ToS violation. The Devs likely made the rule that you can't confine monsters without worrying about whether they were aggressive or not.

Once I hit RoT hopefully I'll be able to disco a summoned monster and can go that route with a UOA macro.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are stopping them from wandering wherever the AI tries to take them by limiting their movement to only inside your house. That might be why it would be a ToS violation. The Devs likely made the rule that you can't confine monsters without worrying about whether they were aggressive or not.

Once I hit RoT hopefully I'll be able to disco a summoned monster and can go that route with a UOA macro.
Seriously, you're just wasting the scroll at that point. You'll cut your gains in half if not more by doing it that way.

But it's your call :)

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In refference to my discovery of using parrots/Tillermen/commodity vendors....whats the ToS regs on those beasties????
i cannot see why it would be an exploit, if the code is there for them to be discorded. I could be wrong I guess.