• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Carpentry] How does one make this shield?

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know it is Reforged, Imbued and Enhanced, but what do you use for reforging and what order does everything need to be done in? shield.PNG

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
not sure how they made that sense its blessed

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Reforging first, is a given. "Towering" added the DCI. "Wizardry" added the Mana Regen. The DCI might have been less than 15%, then Imbued up. So, theoretically, ANY level of runic that could make 2-category or higher items without Structural or Fundamental being used. So, it could have been something as low as Oak runics.

Imbuing would be next. Due to uncertainty of what Wizardry (and Mysticism) can add to shields in Reforging , Spell Channeling FC -1 and/or Faster Casting 1 MIGHT have been added by Wizardry (if an Ash or higher runic). However, it would be easier just to get the first two properties from the Reforging, then imbue the SC & FC. Order really isn't that important.

The HP Regen 2, Luck 40 and Fire Resist 3% are the standard Bloodwood properties for a Shield.

In other words, this should be fairly easy to make, though expensive from the imbues; enhancement might be relatively easy to risk without a forged tool (about a 56% chance of success on enhancement, since neither luck nor fire resist were present prior to enhance, resulting in minimum failure chances, and the HP Regen doesn't affect the success chance)

Last edited:

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks! That is exactly what I needed to know. Now I can go to TC and fine tune before I actually attempt one. It's always good to have a starting point.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you could do much better just farming since you can get some massive eater/soul charge. Don't forget that you could also enhance with frostwood for FC if you made a SC neg. While some would say that this isn't as good as HPR it's a option that seems to be forgotten/over looked.

A good idea is to refresh on the wood bonus on stratics or uoguide.

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was able to make the shield rather quickly and easily without having to go through a lot of trial and error. It wan't too costly in the end. The most expensive thing was the enhancement. I did not feel my luck with random generator warranted a shot at 56% chance at succeeding on the enhance, so I used a Forged Metal Of artifacts charge. After all was said and done it cost me around 3.5 mil to make. If I would have farmed all of the ingredients and gotten the 2 Oak tools I used myself I could have done it for the cost of the charge of the Forged Tool. Thanks again for all your help. Now for something totally different!