• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How does ninjitsu skill effect frenzied whirl wind?

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Im training and aoe/ai naja and using fzww. I was wondering if it is worth me scrolling up ninjitsu on him. Will this provide more procs or higher damage?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good morning Sue, It is diff worth scrolling ninja based pets up to 120, The Ninja PS is fairly cheap as most people don't know the value behind them... ninja skills at 120 will increase the damage of FZWW by roughly 25%ish its a heck of an increase in both aoe and single target..especially if your pet is using the passive ninja trick and Chiv combo... then the Mod s of the combined damage of 120 ninja 120 chiv makes it do almost 300-400 combined damage . Hope this helped, mate.. if ya have anymore questions feel free to message or post here.. =^-^= .

croy6325

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Good morning Sue, It is diff worth scrolling ninja based pets up to 120, The Ninja PS is fairly cheap as most people don't know the value behind them... ninja skills at 120 will increase the damage of FZWW by roughly 25%ish its a heck of an increase in both aoe and single target..especially if your pet is using the passive ninja trick and Chiv combo... then the Mod s of the combined damage of 120 ninja 120 chiv makes it do almost 300-400 combined damage . Hope this helped, mate.. if ya have anymore questions feel free to message or post here.. =^-^= .
passive ninja trick and chiv combo? can you explain plz?

buymycrap

Adventurer
im pretty sure he gave pet frenzied whirlwind 1st and that gave it ninja ...so then he prolly gave it chiv and ninja stayed locked in cuz of frenzy ww just like giving a pet poisoning then poison breath to keep poisoning locked in... then u add ya secondary magical skill 2 have both, if its a mage pet people usually do mage mastery last to get magery back

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
passive ninja trick and chiv combo? can you explain plz?
Donovan sometimes has a terrible use of language. (no offense Donovan)

It's not a "trick"

It's merely adding FWW and getting the passive addition of Ninjitsu. The only thing ninjitsu adds is a damage bonus to FWW as that is what FWW scales off of, the Ninjitsu skill level. You don't get the hiding or the abilities as if you chose the magical ability Ninjitsu.

Secondly, saying FWW+Chiv does 300-400 damage is highly misleading and not actually accurate unless you are perhaps fighting slimes.

As for if 120 Ninjitsu is worth it, yes. I don't make a FWW pet without 120 ninjitsu.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yeah I guess should of said method instead of trick.. basicly its just teaching a non tok pet ninja by teaching it FrzWA .. which gives it passive ninja skill so you can teach it chiv without over writing it... On trash this combo is about 300-400 during a spawn.. on bosses with higher phy its only about 180-270ish once ya add up the burst of mid lvl 40-60s that go off from the whirl. =^-^=

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah I guess should of said method instead of trick.. basicly its just teaching a non tok pet ninja by teaching it FrzWA .. which gives it passive ninja skill so you can teach it chiv without over writing it... On trash this combo is about 300-400 during a spawn.. on bosses with higher phy its only about 180-270ish once ya add up the burst of mid lvl 40-60s that go off from the whirl. =^-^=
Except not every FWW hits on a boss and with a boss with high wrestling, it can actually miss a lot.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hello all! Question for the experts, on the UO Wiki Animal Training page it says (regarding points costs):
"Magery, Mysticism, Necromancy, Spellweaving, Chivalry, Bushido, Ninjitsu, Discordance, Poisoning 0.5x (110 magery will use 50 training points, 115 – 75 points, 120 – 100 points)"
But now we are looking at adding the 120 Ninjitsu PS it seems to be valued at 75? Has it changed after the Wiki was written? Does anyone know?

Beverdus

Visitor
Hello, i have question about ninjitsu passive. I can learn FWW on most pets, but passive ninjitsu will gain (to 100 or more % depend of PS) on any pet ? or only Native Tokuno ?

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hello, i have question about ninjitsu passive. I can learn FWW on most pets, but passive ninjitsu will gain (to 100 or more % depend of PS) on any pet ? or only Native Tokuno ?
Any pet that can learn FWW will be able to raise passive Ninjitsu up to it's cap (whether that's 100 or scroll to 120). Only pets that spawn in Tokuno are able to train in the Ninjitsu magical ability.

The Ninjitsu magical ability (or full Ninjitsu) gives your pet access to various Ninjitsu moves and your pet will use Hiding, but it does not give you free FWW. You can still add FWW to your pet later on (assuming it has an ability slot available), but it will only cost 100 points instead of 600, since you already have trained the Ninjitsu skill.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If i raise ninjitsu to 120 then train chivalry, does it reset ninjitsu to 40?
40 points are given when you choose the magic when a pet has 0 value in that magic..

If you choose a different magic the others stay where they are or increase if they are used with an ability the pet has and decrease .1 when the pet dies.

So in your case both magics will increase.

Duke_Hammerfest

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
40 points are given when you choose the magic when a pet has 0 value in that magic..

If you choose a different magic the others stay where they are or increase if they are used with an ability the pet has and decrease .1 when the pet dies.

So in your case both magics will increase.
So if i choose ninjitsu for FWW for a naja, and raise nin to 120 then pick chivalry, chiv wont lock or decrease nin and chiv wont be locked??

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So if i choose ninjitsu for FWW for a naja, and raise nin to 120 then pick chivalry, chiv wont lock or decrease nin and chiv wont be locked??
Sorry I did not know this was a Naj. They can not get chivalry or the other "magics" so your pet is finished in that area.

But if it were a different type pet you could add a magic like Chiv and both would increase.

What abilities did you choose?