• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] How does FEINT and BLOCK work?

T

tarugobr

sup

i would like to know how does these 2 specials move work and also if they are good for using in pvp

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feint cuts the damage dealt to you in 1/2 (only for the person you hit with feint)

Block is extremely worthless, your mana would be better spent mana draining yourself.

R

Rowdydude

Since we are talking about things that need better explaination

Psychic Arrow
Choas Damage
Armor Pierce
Bladeweave
Defense Mastery
Dual Wield
Force Arrow
Force of Nature
Lightning Arrow

I know these things have discriptions but how do they actually work and are they effective in PVP or PVM?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since we are talking about things that need better explaination

Psychic Arrow
Choas Damage
Armor Pierce
Bladeweave
Defense Mastery
Dual Wield
Force Arrow
Force of Nature
Lightning Arrow

I know these things have discriptions but how do they actually work and are they effective in PVP or PVM?
Psychic Arrow - Works like the necro spell mind rot, I've found it to be useless.

Chaos Damage - damage type changes. One hit it could do 100% phys, the next could be cold.

Armor Pierce - Think of it as a crushing blow for the Yumi. I think it does an additional 50% damage on top of the normal shot.

Bladeweave - Does a randoms pecial. Could be bleed, mortal, para shot, etc. I don't know what each possibility is, only that it's unreliable (but less mana intensive than other options).

Defense Mastery - Worthless

Dual Wield - Increases SSI, worthless.

Force Arrow - Has a Hit Lower Defense affect, but it's pretty minimal not like the -25% from the weapon property. Also has a chance to "peace" the target hit with it (same affect you would get from using peacemaking).

Force of Nature - Similar to crushing blow in terms of damage dealt.

Lightning Arrow - Area affect hit lightning. Great when lots of spawn or enemies in one spot. Works even better if you have hit area effect on weapon.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am curious if anyone knows exactly how long Feint lasts for?

Ultima77 brought up a good point about using leafblades to feint bosses on a sampire. It takes 20 mana to use (pre-LMC) with the 360 skill points from Parry/Bush/Melee. I assume it's at least 3 seconds. Has anyone had success with Feint/LS/LS/LS repeat? It seems pretty mana intensive to use it so frequently.

T

Turdnugget

Just about every Asian sampire i've seen has a Leafblade. They must know something about Feint that we dont.

I'm guessing spamming Feint every couple seconds coupled with LS LS LS LS LS and Evasion pretty much makes it so bosses barely scratch you.

If you've got LMC/Vamp form MR/MR on items and a good mana leeching Leafblade, i'm sure it can be spammed pretty easy.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems like solid logic.

DPS of a leafblade is higher than the DPS of a regular mace at 30 ssi. It's about 5 dps points lower than a Diamond Mace at 30 SSI - but with a diamond mace if you drop below 150 stam you're not at max ssi, whereas you can go down to 120 and maintain swing speed with a leafblade. Hell, with a leafblade you'll remain at 1.5 sec swings even at 61 stam.

Well, I think it's time to invest in some high end hammers and some perfect emeralds.

Lets see if I can get a lucky diceroll on a leafblade of ease with SSI, HML, HSL, HLA.

P

Playhardgopro

I've seen a few Youtube videos of WWraith form warriors with Fient perma-on killing Dreadhorn etc. Dreadhorn only ever did any realy damage to the guy when he used a flamestrike. I'd say he only hit with physical attacks every 10-15 seconds or so, at most.

Youtube 'peerless ultima online legends'.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like when feint kicks in on a bladeweave. Random, yes, but it really helps when active.

Leafblade... interesting... I gotta check it out too.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is actually pretty interesting. I wonder if the damage output is high enough on a normal feint swing to leech back enough mana to continuously spam it.

If so, you could drop bushido and pick up a sheild. That is another 120 skill points you could fit. On my build, that would be 100 points in resist and I'd 120 my tactics. parry, vamp form, healing/anat, and resist? I wonder if the damage output would leech back enough mana.. something tells me not unless you're in wraith form.

C

Connor_Graham

Or keep Bushido for the Crits (hard to give these up), Momentum Strike, and Confidence (pretty much what an archer does) and still use a shield, although having GM Healing and 120 Tactics would be nice. I can definitely see some possiblities. It just so happens I've got 120 Fencing on a stone and a Sampire leaf blade all ready to go too. I'll have to play around with it, as I said, and see how it goes.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After burning a verite hammer and making leafblades of ease that all suck, I bought 3 bronze hammers and made a Daisho, 30 ssi, 45 stam, 45 mana.

Luckily my sampire had eaten a 20 swords already so just workin that up now.

P

Playhardgopro

If you drop Bushido, can you make up the 100 DI from honor (assuming the new leafblade is not slayer)?

C

Connor_Graham

After burning a verite hammer and making leafblades of ease that all suck, I bought 3 bronze hammers and made a Daisho, 30 ssi, 45 stam, 45 mana.

Luckily my sampire had eaten a 20 swords already so just workin that up now.
This is exactly why I've got all 3 wep skills at 120 sitting on stones. Of course I've also got to have 4 containers to hold all the weapons, but it's a fair trade off. :D

R

RichDC

Bear in mind that the leafblade does have Ar ignore as well, so if youve hit perfection and need that massive leech you can hit that for well over 100points of damage then back to LS.

Also, remember, you cannot evade with a leafblade of ease.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heh, I need to get a SSI/ML/SL Daisho for each elemental dmg type. I was doing succubus last night for honor and a paragon spawned and I didn't even realize it until it had blessed and I didn't get to honor it. Casting consecrate all the time is a pain in the ass.

T

Turdnugget

Well, if you're 'perma' casting Feint... is there really a need for Bushido's LS for crit hits?

Granted you get big hittin swings every so often, it'll take a little bit longer to kill... but being able to not really get hit, or only get hit for a weak amount of damage might pay off?

You need to test faster Connor =)

You can evade w/leafblade of Ease if Fencing is your weapon skill...just can't use leafblade of ease w/swords and expect to Evade.

The downfall of having straight parry and using a shield, is you lose the ability to chug pots effectively...

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL get with the program ppl Fient = pvm god mode is old news

Leaf blade with hsl hml ssi is the goal add in something like hci or hla and wow!

U

UOKaiser

I was reading this tread a while ago and decided to make a leafblade of ease. Used a gold hammer on my first charge I got lucky, I received
HML 49
HSL 32
HLA 38
HCI 15
DI 40
UBS

Even without the ability to use evade and no SS this thing rocks! Works great with M&S. If sl was 40 it be even better but not bad for 1 charge of a gold runic.

O

Old Man of UO

I was reading this tread a while ago and decided to make a leafblade of ease. Used a gold hammer on my first charge I got lucky, I received
HML 49
HSL 32
HLA 38
HCI 15
DI 40
UBS

Even without the ability to use evade and no SS this thing rocks! Works great with M&S. If sl was 40 it be even better but not bad for 1 charge of a gold runic.
I hope you made that one with iron ingots... would be an awesome one to imbue - remove the UBWS and add the SSI.

T

Turdnugget

I'd rather have an uber sampire weapon made from regular runic than an imbued one...

I see imbued weapons being used more in PvP as in PvM it'll wear down and eventually break a lot sooner than in PvP.

A runic crafted weapon you can have forever...imbued will someday break, and if you're constantly using your sampire, that someday will be sooner than later.

Nice leafblade though.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Turd Nugget. PvM weapons need to be repairable, especially with how hard you grind them on a sampire.

U

UOKaiser

I hope you made that one with iron ingots... would be an awesome one to imbue - remove the UBWS and add the SSI.
I did make it out of Iron. But not to imbue as the other posters said it needs to be repairable. Though I make all my wepons out of Iron so I can unravel those I don't need in a future date.

T

Turdnugget

It only takes about 170 stamina to be swinging a non SSI Leafblade at full swing speed...so if you've got the right armor setup, it shouldn't be too big of an issue.

Carry apples/dex pots and be sure all possible armor has stamina increase and you should be good =)

I think the only situation you'd really have issues with swing speed is when fighting DH or like creatures that zap you stats pretty good lowering them overall...Even at 140 stamina you're still swinging at 1.5 seconds.

Add Feint into that and it'll be tough to take much noticeable damage until your stamina gets back to normal.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
180 or more stamina to be at 1.25

150-179 to be at 1.5

120-149 to be at 1.75

Too slow for me.

Luckily my friend made 2 nice sampire leafblades of ease and he's letting me use one. Anyone want to buy a 44 hsl, 44 hml, 30 ssi, 40 DI daisho? (feint is a spec)

T

Turdnugget

I dunno =/ That's just what I use. Easy to access, easy to plug numbers in...

I'd still prefer any wep to have some SSI though. Unless it's a kryss or bokuto or kat then it's not nearly as needed.

T

Tinsil

I recall trying a Comp Bow with 150-179 stamina and 25 SSI and 40 SSI were definitely not the same. I'd say it's a good baseline but no guarantees that they are all correct.

Does anyone have the actual formula or know how to calculate this? Would love to know.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Turdnugget, that site is wrong. I used to use it too, but Lynk's chart is correct.
Or download the spreadsheet here.. dang... where is it now.

T

Tinsil

Aha. Thanks for that spreadsheet man. That one has the swing speed correctly displayed for the composite bow, and it looks and works better.