• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How Does banning work?

B

Bama

Ok after 11 years Not once Have I been banned, or even jailed, well there was that one time i was dropping cloth due to the over limits thing while making oil cloth and decided to walk and cover all of Brit. But anyway....

Today I logged in and played for a bit, the switched charectures and got a message about credit card , or possible temp ban or Permanent ban. Well knowing for a fact I dont hack cheat or use raciest names. figued it was billing issue, so went and checked everything and it was fine, all up to date.

I tried to log in again and I was in played for about 30 min and it was time to go to SP for some ROT. I got the message again.. Ok I rechecked the billing it was good. I tried to log in got the mesasage , next time I was in...I decided to relog and check it a few times. after 25 attempts I got in 10 and got the message 15. can anyone tell me what is going on?\\

If you get banned they send you an email with the reason don't they?
thanks for the help
B

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's the standard message we all get if the password verification server is not working very well, which is the case today. Nothing to worry about.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The login server is messed up today, I got a message that I was banned/suspended, tried to log in again and ended up getting through. By the way did you play on Great Lakes a few months back?

F

Fayled Dhreams

KB

The page you access to check your billing ... might not be updating.
contact them with a description and the info they need to check.

You "should" only be in one state ... in or out ... not bouncing between them.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're banned, you won't get in 10/25 attempts, you'll always fail to login. It's just an issue with the login server. If you're still experiencing the problems tomorrow afternoon (afternoon for the devs, that is [EST]), and there isn't a notice on uoherald.com about the login servers, then send an e-mail to Jere... err... Bob - rmull AT ea DOT com (almost forgot she was on vacation this week :))

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you get banned you will get a message saying your account has been blocked in pretty much those exact words. I had a couple 3 day bans before and it just says your account has been blocked with I believe a link to support or some crap. So if you do get banned you will know for sure.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The critters running the show are over heating and need watering.:stretcher:

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok after 11 years Not once Have I been banned, or even jailed, well there was that one time i was dropping cloth due to the over limits thing while making oil cloth and decided to walk and cover all of Brit. But anyway....
You can get jailed for dropping oil clothes...?

:grouphug:

B

butthead owns

nope they dont email u they just ban your acct best way to find out what is going on is to call uo 1866 543 5435 is ea number good luck talking to live person for some reason now they changed it to a lot of automation crap but if u hold on the line sooner or later somone will answer they then can check your acct and tell u what has happen or if your acct is banned

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Um. No. They do e-mail you. I've gotten an e-mail before when I got a 3-day ban.

Vesta

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They DO email you.

You can get out of voice prompt hell by pressing 1 or 0, saying operator, etc. There is always a back door. Just experiment.