• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How Do You Waste Time on the Internet?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
If you're bored on the Internet, ur doing it wrong! I consider myself an expert at wasting time on the Internet. Here are some of my favorite methods:

9. Failbook.com

Sometimes, when people author microblogs on Facebook, the result intended is very different from the actual result. On these occasions, Failbook is ready to capture and enshrine your misspoken microblogs for everyone to enjoy!

8. Digg.com

Like to keep up with popular news items, but don't have time to sort through hundreds of stories to find them? On Digg, interesting stories that are "dug" by members float to the top, while less interesting items remain in the abyss of obscurity.

7. Fark.com

Another social news site, but Fark tends to feature quirky news items: e.g., Headline--Arkansas to Have its Own Medieval Castle (in 20 Years).

6. FMyLife.com

Ever had a terrible day? Want to take the edge off by reading about the misfortune of others? If so, FMyLife might be your new favorite website.

5. Webcomics!

Everyone loves webcomics. Check out XKCD and The Noob Comic.

4. StupidVideos.com

Kind of self-explanatory.

3. Flash Games!

Mindless self-indulgence at its best!

2. Hulu.com

Completely legal, free TV. Only 2-3 advertisements per show. Some of my favorites are the reality cooking shows: Kitchen Nightmares, Chopping Block, Top Chef, etc. (Note: only available in the US).

1. Forums.

Please. There's no better way to waste time on the Internet. I think I'm a member of at least a dozen. :thumbup1:

What are your favorite ways to waste time on the Internet?

(Disclaimer: Although most of the websites above are pretty good about filtering objectionable material, their standards may differ from Stratics RoC.)

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spend a fair amount of time on yahoo answers, mostly just trolling the dumbest questions I can find, but now and then I have been known to actually give a good answer.

I also spend a lot of time on geekologie and gizmodo.

But the all time best way to waste time online is addictinggames.com, I can't visit that site and not spend an hour there. It's a bit of a problem.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Forgot to mention my new favorite website: The Consumerist. I read it religiously.

P.S. Thanks for the warning about addictinggames. I shall never visit there.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
They have a game where you race porta-potty's down a hill. Insanely addicting.
Clearly. :lol:

The Chive's a great one. Though, I can't always surf there while at work, heh.

K

Kiminality

None of my time on the internet is wasted - it's all serious business.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I believe it.

/no

:p