• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do you RP evil in UO? Or whats your story?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you RP evil in UO?

I'll share a bit of my character story.

First I play on a low population server.
Started off by creating a Warrior/Necromancer. That used an Undead minion to kill of a Govenor at a Dinner in front of King Blackthorn. Later on the Necro took over as Governor. Sheriff of Yew started investigating the death of the former Governor of Yew.

The Necro turned an Ancient Lich loose upon Yew and the Forest. The Kings Guard ended up defeating the Ancient Lich with the help of Gypsie Sage. Sheriff of Yew went missing.

Upon the next election the Necro took over Governership of two more cities (Jhelom and Vesper). Pirates, Mercenary, and Assasin helped in a very questionable way. Rangers Guild of Skare started investigating this. The Sheriff of Vesper was found dead.

The Necro is always scene wearing Crimson Red Bone Armor with a black cloak, kilt, and sash. Weilding the Grim Reaper Scythe riding a Grizzled Mare. Often times scene adventuring with two Skeltal Dragons at his side.

Thats my story and RPing this character so far. Trying to figure out more ways to continue. So whats your characters story?

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It just takes time and effort man.

I remember the Avernians and the Avernia war on legends. Those dudes took it to the extreme. That was some fun back in the day.

But you have to stay in Character and push yourself to maintain your character!

Heck, I might even join you in some good ole RP

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remeber my first serous character was an Avernian Lumjack named Baine. Later on I rolled Tyr as Cleric (Macer/ Shield with Magery)that joined Willport. Aka Tyr Classic which elvolved into my Sampire.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The roleplayers left the building. To see why, hit Gregorio the Brigand.
Or, more recently, try entering the chambers of Zipactriotl or the Myrmidex Queen when not on the quest.

Badly done, @Mesanna, @Kyronix, @Bleak, @Misk. Please fix this omelet and any other similar omelet; and in the future don't pancake up like this.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The roleplayers left the building. To see why, hit Gregorio the Brigand.
Or, more recently, try entering the chambers of Zipactriotl or the Myrmidex Queen when not on the quest.

Badly done, @Mesanna, @Kyronix, @Bleak, @Misk. Please fix this omelet and any other similar omelet; and in the future don't pancake up like this.
...What?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do a better grumpy kantakerous type of player myself. Just don't have enough evil in me.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought Dot Warner was the cute one. I wonder if her real name is Princess Angelina.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha, the most recent slew of villains I created for my stories were inspired by those Stratics posters who annoy me most!

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I play a down-on-his-luck thief. Occasionally, he will do something evil but for the most part he believes his profession to be most noble and is quite the gentleman. He despises elves, gargoyles, and anyone that claims to be a thief that is not in the thieves guild. He can usually be found at the Yew gate doing backpack inspections, scouting champ spawns, or hunting mining bots. If he's doing it correctly you actually don't see him at all.

To be honest most people just think that I'm weird for speaking in character and don't even attempt to talk with me. I pushed an EM off the top of the bank the other day and was in the middle of explaining to him my dastardly plot and he was like "ummm, ok... I gotta go." When even the EMs don't understand good ol' fashion RP, it's a good sign that RP is dead. It's really sad. :sad3:

Oh, I can't wait for Chronicles of Elyria so that I can quit this game once and for all.

D'Amavir

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
*tosses down a pair of pennies"

For me, personally, I play all of my evil (of varying degrees of evilness) characters as if they were the good guy.

Cliche, I know. The most fun evil to play for me is the evil that thinks they are doing good. They might not cackle or roast clerics on a spit but they engage in dark behavior to accomplish their own goals. The goal drives their evil actions. Not vice versa.

Goal oriented evil I guess.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My first encounter to one of the fun evil rp's was on Siege few years ago... Even I was in NOOB - I was pk'ed by one that didnt keep them alone...
- but he had a shoe fetish, and he pk'ed everyone and took their stuff for ransom and traded it back for their shoes... As I had my aos sandals, I did not trade - so I lost the stuff...for a while...
He offered me to run get some shoes or sandals - and I would get my stuff back... And so I did.... :p

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back in 2000ish I rolled with an RP vampire guild on Siege.. it worked... Really well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My tips on maintaining an evil reputation:

1. branding, make sure your evil nickname is shared on all platforms. For example, all of my evil characters are easily identifiable as me from the name. Also helps to associate yourself with other unsavoury characters to give the guild an evil reputation.

2. Never let the truth step in the way of a good rumour.

3. Difficult to say without quoting the bible (bannable on these forums), but make sure any good work you do to help others is done in secret.