• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do you gold 50k gold without running out of weight?

M

mookin1

I saw a guy drop over 50k on the floor, how is it possible to hold so much gold?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm going to assume he wasn't standing at the bank when he did it? Were there pack animals nearby?

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm going to second the idea of it being at a bank.

If not, then there are a few hand-made scripts out there (above and beyond The Program©) that can overload a character with over 50k gold. It's how the dread spider scripters maximized their profits - they would carry a few hundred translocation powder and only have to use one every 50-60k gold they collected, thus reducing the amount of time they had to spend going to the bank to reload.

G

If I'm not mistaken you can hold more that your max weight, you just cant move or recall with it.

G

I run gold from luna bank to the wisdom shrine there all the time.

I withdraw 50k at a time and divine fury my way to the alter

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya, if your a human and have STR items on you can easilly get 50k in your pack and devine fury yourself around.

or you can go old school.
just pick up the pike and hold it.
if you have high focus and stamina regen items on you can take a couple steps, wait for dex to come back, take a couple more, wait, take a couple more... wait.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Sssh, don't tell them something that makes sense.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gold weighs 1/50th of a stone (50 gold = 1 stone). Since the maximum weight a human can carry in his/her backpack is 550 stone, then the most gold a human could actually place into her/his backpack would be (50 x 550) 27,500 gold.

So (outside of an unknown exploit) I'm going to have go with stack hopping from the bank to the shrine.

I've had well over 2,500 stone in my backpack when I cut up 500 cloth bolts with scissors (the bolts were in my bankbox but the cloth ended up in my backpack after I cut them), but I couldn't move until I moved the cloth out of my backpack.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Sssh, don't tell them something that makes sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh ty

G

<blockquote><hr>

Gold weighs 1/50th of a stone (50 gold = 1 stone). Since the maximum weight a human can carry in his/her backpack is 550 stone, then the most gold a human could actually place into her/his backpack would be (50 x 550) 27,500 gold.

So (outside of an unknown exploit) I'm going to have go with stack hopping from the bank to the shrine.

I've had well over 2,500 stone in my backpack when I cut up 500 cloth bolts with scissors (the bolts were in my bankbox but the cloth ended up in my backpack after I cut them), but I couldn't move until I moved the cloth out of my backpack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. There is a big difference between being able to "carry" an item, and having it in your pack. With max str and spirit of the totem, my char can walk around with ore piles for example, that exceed the weight limit for her pack, so I am basically running around with this big ore pile stuck to the cursor, and if I slip, it ends up at the starting place again, one of UO's charming annoyances. And you can "leap-frog" anything - container or resource pile pretty much, regardless of its weight, as long as you don't actually try to take a step with it. I have leap-frogged resource containers that weighed 50,000 stone before, a tile at a time, when rearranging my house. *flexes muscles*

-Skylark

K

kennykilleduo

<blockquote><hr>

I saw a guy drop over 50k on the floor, how is it possible to hold so much gold?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a check.....

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I do that too lol the same can be done when trying to move anything heavy a short distance you can actually HOLD however much your pack will allow in weight like 550 stones if I am not mistaken you just have a hard time doing much because you run your stamina to the ground in like 1 to 3 steps.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Awww man, that is clever. I run back and forth 10 danged times.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The "Withdraw" command will ignore your pack weight limits, and put up to 60,000 gold in your pack.

If you try to move it around in your pack or trade it (as opposed to dropping it into a pack animal or back into the bank), it will hit the floor.

Once you have it in your pack, you can creep across the floor (and have to divine fury a lot, or wait out to regen enough stamina), to the shrine in Luna to tithe.

It's been that way for as long as I've played (5 years).

I

imported_Lord Kynd

<blockquote><hr>

The "Withdraw" command will ignore your pack weight limits, and put up to 60,000 gold in your pack.

If you try to move it around in your pack or trade it (as opposed to dropping it into a pack animal or back into the bank), it will hit the floor.

Once you have it in your pack, you can creep across the floor (and have to divine fury a lot, or wait out to regen enough stamina), to the shrine in Luna to tithe.

It's been that way for as long as I've played (5 years).

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't know this, thanks for the heads up.

but i wonder how these people are getting the shrine to take the gold if they are 'floating' it and divine fury to the shrine... last time i put gold in my chiv book i had to click the shrine once, then pick that i wanted to do ( how much) ..

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's not "floating"

It literally goes INTO your backpack.

It will put you at about 1200-1600 weight, which will require you to DF every 10 steps or so.

Then, you click on the shrine, select tithing (and donating all), and it goes straight out of your pack as normal for tithing. The only danger is of the old "phantom weight" bug, if you have another pile of gold in your pack.