• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do you get rid of revenants?

• Thread starter BadManiac
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

BadManiac

Just a general question, Made my first (yes...) Pally recently, and the Magincia invasion has shown me a big ugly vulnerability in my template, I just can't get rid of the revenants that Dark Fathers summon on me.

I thought Dispel Evil would do it, is there a trick to using it? I'm casting it while they're standing there hacking at me and nothing happens.

T

Trukx

Three options I know of (2 applicable to you probably)

1. Cast Dispel (lvl 5 mage spell)
2. Hit them until they die, which means disengaging with whatever you are currenting fighting.......if you use a wep w/ Whirlwind attack, you can hit both targets.
3. Use a wep w/ Hit Dispel (preferably something fast and with HD 40+)

D

dorkuberalles

with paladins, make sure you use enemy of one to fend reverants off. specifically, just to remove your current enemy of one, as a reverant hitting for +25 damage in 70% armor will make short work of most characters.

they are quite weak if you use enemy of one, and can attack thier low resists.

G

<blockquote><hr>

with paladins, make sure you use enemy of one to fend reverants off. specifically, just to remove your current enemy of one, as a reverant hitting for +25 damage in 70% armor will make short work of most characters.

they are quite weak if you use enemy of one, and can attack thier low resists.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's absurd. You're telling me that if someone is fighting a df in doom to cast eoo against the REV? I would much rather have a rev doing dbl dmg to me than the df hit me for 50 or whatever. You're options are just kill the rev with wtv wep you have on, roll with a mage that can dispel (or if you're in doom spam "DISPEL REV PLZ" and someone likely will), or have a fast wep of wtv wep type you are with high dispel on it. I still need a high dispel fast 1h swords wep...in the meantime I just grin and bear it since my suit kicks ass anyways.

D

dorkuberalles

lucky you have a 'kickass' suit then, most aren't that lucky and die rather fast to revs.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Having just come from doom, I can vouch for the need to back off from the DF long enough to kill the rev - only about half the time was someone free enough from their own matters to dispel my rev, and typically the DF hit me with Strangle and poison (or strangle, with a rotter poisoning me) at the same time.

It's stupid to stay on a DF with a rev pounding you. Which is more likely to happen if you don't have an ally also fighting the DF. While it may not be necessary to recast EoO on the revenant, then recast again going into the DF once more - if you have the mana and no one is dispeling it for you, it sure doesn't hurt. Though, personally, I only do it if I'm at about half-HP trying to get rid of strangle AND the rev at the same time (the EoO buys me a couple more chances to get rid of strangle with remove curse, while I'm bandaging the wounds and/or poison)

G

if you're an Archer you can carry a cursed Frostbringer (50% Hit Dispel).

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My pally uses a katana with 40% dispel I looted off a DF. If you take the time you can find just about any weap with nice dispel mod in the guantlet. I have looted several with high intensities.

G

I Have a bow with 40 Hit Dispel that I always carry, lots of critters cast revs on me and this bow does wonders. And yes, if the revs are being an issue definatly cast EoO on em, when hes dead, cast it again(oh yeah) and go back after the DF.