• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

how do you get bane drags to spawn

M

Mike Patton

ive been in t2a killoing ophidians for hours, am i supposed to be killing the bane guys instead? lol whats going on here someone give me a clue

J

[JD]

mike you get the loyalty for the stew to bond on the ophidian killings.

you get the actual bane dragons from the abyss, near the slasher. there will be tons of hell hounds and the slasher will be runnin around killin them

M

Mike Patton

so youre saying the bane dragons ONLY spawn in the abyss? so red tamers are screwed?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They're in the abyss? I've been killing them near ophidian lair in T2A.

J

[JD]

i predict a lot of legacy tokens will be sold by the uo site today and used to create green soulstones. im going home and buying 2.

M

Mike Patton

so what do you do to get this quest from the bane dude at the camp? he says he wont trade with me cause im a stranger... just finished off one war... got 1195 loyalty and a crapy bow in a satchel...... man i have no idea whats going on

J

[JD]

read your pm

for everyone else look at the uoguide bane dragon and invasion site. it will answer every question being asked here so far. the explicit text to talk to the captain dude is on the uogide site

im really jealous of everyone who called in sick or has the day off today. im at work and jonesing to log on to go get me more bane dragons

A

A Rev

The Bane Dragons that spawn in tha Abyss are the only tameable ones

The ones that spawn by killing the Bane in T2A are just like the ki-rins/unis/cu's in ilsh spawns...NON tameable.

So as a red tamer attempting to tame...yes you are screwed.

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone know how long these new swampys will be in game for?

As now ive seen guild greifing trying to get them..
They will just kill it insted of latting others tame 1..

Got to love greed...
And a-hols...

I think ill wait for a week or 2 and see what happens..

I do think its weird that slasher is killing the hounds??

Will be fun trying to kill him now with all them dogs around..

J

[JD]

yes there will be griefers - as predicted in my 'first on sonoma' thread. having to subdue is just too much temptation for some people to be arseholes. everything in UO is a temporary bonanza, suggest you don't wait. but if you do, i'll be glad to sell one to you in 6 months for 50 mil ;D

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will never buy anything for 50 mill or 30 mill..
Events were made for people who are into RP or rares..
Then theres the ones who do it to sell for millions of ingame gold, so they can sell it to some samp for real money...

I know a few people who have told me this is only reason they do this or event ..EM junk...

Like that Rares hiest..i bet the person is a gold seller..

Oh well good luck in selling your pixels...

S

shulginist

Didn't read all of the posts so not sure if it was answered but they spawn by slasher. They aggro each other as well so heads up. Once one is tamed hopefully that person is nice enough to leave the area so another respawns.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was wondering what the deal would be as regards which were tameable and whether SA was needed. That answers that question then ;)

TBH I don't think it's smart to plonk the tameable spawn in one area, if you're running an event it makes sense (to me at least) to allow all players and playstyles to get involved, and put pets in different locations so there's less player conflict/antagonism. A pet that needs to be redlined to tame it, with competing tamers and random troublemakers all in one location? LOL...Now there's a party :D Truly, I'm glad to give this one a miss!

I don't think many folk will get rich selling the banes, at least I don't think they'll be like the dreads were. After what happened with dreads, there will be some serious stockpiling by the traders for one thing. And though they're not exactly dreads, players won't be able to say with certainty "you'll never get a pet like this again" because we've seen another dread-like pet released as part of an event. And they're swampie shaped - not everyone's perfect look ;) With lots of dread mares remaining, it's debatable how many dread owners will want a bane too. So, I wouldn't get excited one way or the other.

I don't like rare pets generally, as they often end up in the stables rather than being used as "proper" pets, which seems a little sad for a really cool pet. That's partly why I sold the blaze pup I tamed, it was more useful to me as checks than a pet I'd keep stabled.

Wenchy

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why all the confusion. If reds want the Banes all they have to do is get a blue to tame them for them. It's really no big deal if you have any friends. If you have a red tamer transfer your skills to a blue. The pets that tamer has in stable will still be there when you put skills back in your red tamer. We all have friends I hope. Nothing in this game is impossible. Enjoy!