• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] how do u get black seeds?

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know about the nat quest

what im asking is that ive read ppl have gotten seeds from growing & crossing & i know its random, but

does the color of the crosses matter? is there 2 colors that have a better chance of getting a black seed?

& once u have grown a black seed, does that one produce more of the black seeds?

sorry if these have been answered, but I havent run across them if they have, & since im just figureing otu how to make the colored spider trees & hops, ima lil slow :p

thank you for ur time

D

Dragonchilde

Black seeds are completely random; there's no particular color set that will give them. Any time you cross-pollinate a plant, there's a tiny chance it will mutate and produce seeds of white or black.

Those seeds can then be planted for plants of the same color, but mutants DO NOT produce seeds themselves. So basically, you can get a plant with 8 white seeds, or 8 black seeds.

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ahh ty

figures uo wouldnt make it easy :( wanted black plants for deco lol

D

Dragonchilde

your best bet for black deco seeds is going to be the naturalist quests; at least with that, you're reliably guaranteed either white, black, or fire. I have the worst luck ever with getting cross-pollination seeds, actually. I have only managed one, and I've been gardening for months!

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could be wrong ... but if my memory serves me well there is a slightly increased changed for mutants when plains plants are involved in crossing.

F

Flora Green

Except the black and white plants get scooped off of vendors now for dyes. :(

G

gandolf8

I have been crossing for 3 months now . I do 300 plants purple campion I get only 4 black and 4 white with 8 seeds ea.

T

Takissis

Gandolf, I have a question about your numbers.

Are you saying that you do 300 plants each cycle and get 4 B&W plants each cycle? Or are you saying that in 3 months, doing 300 plants each cycle you've only gotten the total of 8 mutants in all that time?

G

gandolf8

I grow 300 bright purple campion at stage 7. I cross pollen then in stage 9 I pull all the seeds I get 4 white and 3 to 4 black 8 seeds each . Then I save the white and black finish growing . I start another 300 plants. this cycle takes 10 days, so every 10 days I start growing 300 plants

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I have been crossing for 3 months now . I do 300 plants purple campion I get only 4 black and 4 white with 8 seeds ea.
I don't know how you do that, I'm lucky if I get one plant with black or white seed from 100 plants.

I had zero luck with the last 150 plants, no mutant seed at all :rant2:

F

Flora Green

I have had weeks where I grew 50-100 plants and received anywhere from 1-3 black or white plants per batch and MONTHS of growing thousands of plants with NO mutants. I believe I got only two mutants all of last year and both were black. It's really ridiculous. IMO, Sak should have left the classic plants as part of the solen 5th hive if she's not going to bump the cross percentage a little.

T

Takissis

I grow 300 bright purple campion at stage 7. I cross pollen then in stage 9 I pull all the seeds I get 4 white and 3 to 4 black 8 seeds each . Then I save the white and black finish growing . I start another 300 plants. this cycle takes 10 days, so every 10 days I start growing 300 plants
You are doing much better than I do. I grow 450 classic plants and about 100 peculiars a cycle.

In my current batch, with 450 plants, I got 4 whites and 2 blacks. The new cycle gets planted on Friday. We'll see what it looks like again when those are pollinated.