• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] How do I use Navigator's world map?

• Thread starter twoflower25
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

twoflower25

How do I use Navigator's world map? Are there any special skills required?
Can I use it to get easier to any SOS spots ?

Currently I use UOAM - with entering the coordinators - is there an easier way to get to the places?

K

Krazanth

I've asked this before and never got an answer, I wish you better luck than I had.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I remembered, all you do is mark the spot on the map then hand it to the navigator and he will sail to the spot. You get the map back. I think it gets you in the general area, not sure if you can actually pinpoint a specific coordinate.

J

Jermosh

From what I remembered, all you do is mark the spot on the map then hand it to the navigator and he will sail to the spot. You get the map back. I think it gets you in the general area, not sure if you can actually pinpoint a specific coordinate.
Yep thats how it used to work, it may have changed though. I use the KR client, so I am very limited.

A

Alyssa of ATL

Is this the item that you can get from a Spring Decor Token?

If so, does it really work?

I'm asking because the tokens are hard to come by on my shard... so if it's helpful, I'll try to get one, but I don't want to waste time/gold if it doesn't work.

Thanks!!

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those were one of the items that you could get from the Spring Decor Tokens. I'm pretty sure they were sold about 2 years ago and could only be gotten thru the gamescodes website. It was another set of items that were introduced to the Asian shards first and due to demand they finally decided to sell them to US shards. I used mine a couple of times before I gave it away to a guildmate that needed it more than my fisherman.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Navigator's World Map works just like any regular world map which you can buy from the mapmaker, with the difference that it is blessed and green.
If you want to plot a course, sea charts are usually the better choice though, because they show more detail.

Along with this map, the Spring Decor also brought the Mariner's Brass Sextant. It works like a normal sextant, but also is blessed and green.

Basically, the advantage of those items is that they cannot be lost.
(Ask a pirate if you have questions about sailing! Har har!)

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if an all-shards sea voyage class might be a fun event. Advertise on Stratics, bring folks from all shards (gate from New Haven to Red Skull Bay), hop on a vessel and hit the seas.

How many people do not know all this:

http://www.aschulze.net/ultima/pirates/sailing.htm
Wow, that was by far the most amazingly helpful site I have ever seen in regards to the UO seas. I cant believe how much I learned. Thank you for posting that link!!!
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

L

Lord Drakelord

I wonder if an all-shards sea voyage class might be a fun event. Advertise on Stratics, bring folks from all shards (gate from New Haven to Red Skull Bay), hop on a vessel and hit the seas.

How many people do not know all this:

http://www.aschulze.net/ultima/pirates/sailing.htm
Wow, that was by far the most amazingly helpful site I have ever seen in regards to the UO seas. I cant believe how much I learned. Thank you for posting that link!!!
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
thank you. really sweet link :thumbup1: