• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do i replace castle with new design?

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could someone list the steps I need to take to replace an existing castle with a new design (spires) please? And any last minute steps to take before I do so. I've taken down everything and crated it all in locked down containers. Do the containers all need to be on the ground floor or can they be on different levels? Also, do i need a house placement tool or can it all be done via the houses' menu? Thank you much!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
You need to move everything up off the ground floor, the ground floor is the problem.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And any tiles you have castle tiles and walls need to be removed as well as any deeded items... basically pack it all up in bags and boxes (it's all going into the moving crate anyway so you are better off packing it up knowing it's all going to get scrambled)... Once you have done that you can choose the menu of changing your design... it's in the custom menu... You'll need a good bit of gold as well. Good luck... If you try to switch it will tell you if you have missed any item... Sometimes people find goza mats under their stairs... you need to page a GM to get that if you do.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I changed my castle to spires and then back to normal castle. No issues. Boxes were on floor two. If any crafted items remain, walls , gozas it will not let you until removed.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you all! It balked 4 times until i found a single grass tile hidden among crates - Done! Now to unpack ...

I changed to spires and wanted to try a different one but it won't let me change it back to the old style or upgrade. Everything is greyed out

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Doc scurlock your house got improperly placed after conversion only way to change again is to drop house build a new old castle and then change to new design.

Resulting in that you once more get stuck in that new design.

Check if you might be able to move the castle one tile backwards so it wont get improperly placed with the new designs front steps.

Or if some of the designs have an opening where the item making it improperly placed are located.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to wait 24 hours to change the design again.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
If you try to change the design to close to earlier changes you get up a timer on how many seconds you have left until you can do it again, the option isnt greyed out.

My problem is it went improperly....Its too big a Hassel to demo and replace. I'll just keep going on living in the spires, just wanted to try something different.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
how are the storage sheds affected? do u need to take them down first? or do they go in moving crate safely? are there any problems with items on 4th floor/roof or higher? ty for any response.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
how are the storage sheds affected? do u need to take them down first? or do they go in moving crate safely? are there any problems with items on 4th floor/roof or higher? ty for any response.
4th floor of a custom castle should be fine. But if you built any higher than the original design all that has to come down as you can't have any tiles or goza mats or any of that in the building when you switch...

As for those outhouses I don't know don't use them...