• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do I raise spirit speak/necro on my Ossein Ram?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since it already has I did not select it. I will go with necromage then...
Yeah, pets can't use "skills" even if they have them unless they have the corresponding spellcasting "ability". :/

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
But nightmares use magery after taming?
For whatever reason, they worked Necromancy a little bit different on most tamables. They have the points alloted to it, but it's not activated. it's free to activate it, you just have to activate it. They dont use the necromancy spells prior to training, were a Nightmare already uses magery.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The newer skills pets didn't have before work differently. Where they have necro listed as a skill it costs very little to activate it. 1 point I think, but I may be remembering wrong. I added necromage to a dread spider, I remember the cost as being negligible, it might even have been 0, but I'm not sure. The spider is gaining both skills.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The starting cost depends on what skills are on this screen.

upload_2017-8-16_15-11-58.png

Its has place holders in Med, Necro, SS, and Focus. This pet will not have to pay for those skills.

To train this pet in Magery you would have to buy Magery and eval + 500 for the magic. 1501 points

To train this pet in Necromancy would only cost 500 points. It has Necro and SS.

To train this pet in myst, weaving, chivalry would cost 500 points. They have Focus or Med.

To train in necromage would cost 1501.

Some pets have a natural magic. Those only cost 1 point to activate the mastery. Use that one point if you want that magic. It will also use the magics masteries if you do.

My mystery pet is one that you should put Necro on. Its cheap and not many have it cheap.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since it already has I did not select it. I will go with necromage then...
I hope you didnt put necromage on that Ram. That costs 1501 points.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I put necro on this Ram on the first upgrade. It has increased some. It goes slow.

upload_2017-8-16_15-53-53.png

Rams come with Battle Defense. That is a magic ability. You have to choose Necromancy to put it on a Ram. When you do, it loses the skills from Battle defense.

Nightmares come with Magery as a natural magic. It costs 1 point to activate the mastery on it.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
The starting cost depends on what skills are on this screen.

View attachment 70765

Its has place holders in Med, Necro, SS, and Focus. This pet will not have to pay for those skills.

To train this pet in Magery you would have to buy Magery and eval + 500 for the magic. 1501 points

To train this pet in Necromancy would only cost 500 points. It has Necro and SS.

To train this pet in myst, weaving, chivalry would cost 500 points. They have Focus or Med.

To train in necromage would cost 1501.

Some pets have a natural magic. Those only cost 1 point to activate the mastery. Use that one point if you want that magic. It will also use the magics masteries if you do.

My mystery pet is one that you should put Necro on. Its cheap and not many have it cheap.
What is your mystery pet?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Nice..What are you going to put on RAM? Just necro? Any specials good for them? They are 3 slots, and they need good
hps also, and it will be a iittle cramped.
Also with Dread spiders : 1> Is the point cost to add necromage =1, as usual for pets that have the skill, and you have to just activate it.
2> What spells does necromage cast? ALL necro and ALL mage? (Everything that necro pets cast and mage pets cast?
Thanks for info Pawain

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sadly the Ram and the dread spider do not get enough points. You cant get them to 800 HP and 700Str even without scrolls.

If you try to put scrolls on them you will not be able to get any decent HP or STR. They need to have 1 less slot.

Necromage would cast all the mage and necro spells that pets can use.

Tsuki wolves have the most points for a necro pet. I made one. Still need 800 more points to be good.

This one Tsuki Wolf was almost at max HP and STR when wild. cant get the 700 STR.

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
I found out that necromage does cost so many points, so I suppose I'll leave it at necro.. it's raising fine now that I "activated" it...