• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) How do I prevent my homes from falling?

O

Oaka

I'm about to be on an extensive leave from playing uo.

I still plan on paying for both of my accounts but I was just told that if I don't log in after a certain length of time then my homes will decay.

I called bullcrap but they said it was a "new" change so I figured I would ask here.

T

Tazar

Logging in does not matter except for refreshing a boat out on the water. Drydock your boats and keep paying for the account and you should have no problems.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Logging in does not matter except for refreshing a boat out on the water. Drydock your boats and keep paying for the account and you should have no problems.
Yep exactly right, but at 6 month intervals for best savings. I have several friends who have not logged in for a few years. Houses still there becuase they pay for their account.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think after your account goes deactivated you have 90 days until the house on the account starts aging, at that time you can reactivate the account and be safe usually. Atleast thats what ive done in the past.

T

Tazar

I think after your account goes deactivated you have 90 days until the house on the account starts aging, at that time you can reactivate the account and be safe usually. Atleast thats what ive done in the past.
There have been a few reported issues of the house not refreshing quickly once the account is reactivated so if you chose this route, I'd recommend reactivating around 85 days and not push things to the limit of 90 days.

Richwarf

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There have been a few reported issues of the house not refreshing quickly once the account is reactivated so if you chose this route, I'd recommend reactivating around 85 days and not push things to the limit of 90 days.
I seen it lots of time when the account owner pays for it at the last minnite to **** off the idoc hunters :p

I have even seen someone before trade this house off to another account and made the house next door start its timer.

Saved one small house (7*7 ish) and a castle started its idoc timer!!!

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you tried Duct-Tape?

Just wondering.

Only way houses are kept out of decay is if the account is paid for. All EA cares about is the money. I've seen many houses sit for years without a hint of change/activity. One full tower, I know about, has been sitting untouched since before AoS.

Obsidia

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had a house last week that was 'greatly worn' on an inactive account. I reactivated my account, got home from work the next day, and my house had fell in, luckily no one built a house there and i was able to rebuild.