• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] how do I macro magery?

M

MuffinBear

Im trying to macro magery and I make a command be cast spell and target self but when I hold down the button it just casts the spell over and over but never actually targets me.

For example I will say An Lor Xen but never actually cast it.

Does anyone know what to do?

C

Chaosy

You're probably overcasting. Don't hold down the button and slow down to see if that works.

S

Shantia

Might also need to make the macro look like this:
Cast spell blah
wait for target
target self

Or like the person above me said, you might not be able to hold it down to 'spam' it. tap your macro key wait for the spell to finish and hit it again.

M

MuffinBear

Might also need to make the macro look like this:
Cast spell blah
wait for target
target self

Or like the person above me said, you might not be able to hold it down to 'spam' it. tap your macro key wait for the spell to finish and hit it again.
Do I need a 3rd party program to make a macro like that or can I do it with just the Ultima stuff?

T

Tazar

That's a normal UO macro with nothing from UO-Assist or any illegal 3rd party apps.

Personally, If I were training magery (and I am on 2 characters at the moment) I'd use KR, set the macro as described above, only repeat the 3 steps 49 times within the macro - then set the macro to repeat the maximum of 10 times. This will get you 500 cast attempts per key press. Of course, you need to be paying attention so you are not illegally "afk" macroing.

I generally start with an LRC suit and buy the skill up to 40. I then use:

Arch Protection or Arch Cure
Invisibility
Mass Dispel
Earthquake

spells in order because they do not require damaging something (having an available monster or taking personal damage), and can generally be immediately recast for the fastest gains.

J

Jermosh

That's a normal UO macro with nothing from UO-Assist or any illegal 3rd party apps.

Personally, If I were training magery (and I am on 2 characters at the moment) I'd use KR, set the macro as described above, only repeat the 3 steps 49 times within the macro - then set the macro to repeat the maximum of 10 times. This will get you 500 cast attempts per key press. Of course, you need to be paying attention so you are not illegally "afk" macroing.

I generally start with an LRC suit and buy the skill up to 40. I then use:

Arch Protection or Arch Cure
Invisibility
Mass Dispel
Earthquake

spells in order because they do not require damaging something (having an available monster or taking personal damage), and can generally be immediately recast for the fastest gains.
Yep thats what I used as well. Helps to use a wand as well.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, a wand or any -29 mage weapon with spelling channelling helps alot.

Try using spells that does not require targetting as well, like protection and magic reflect. With the -29 magery reduction, I don't ever need to use level 7 or 8 spells to GM magery. Unless you have scrolled to 120.

Rough guide for the spells you should be casting is lvl 2 for 20+ magery (after the reduction from mage weapon), lvl 3 for 30+ magery, lvl 4 for 40+ magery and so on. If gains starts coming slower, then switch to the next higher level spell.

Avoid lvl 7 (40 mana) and lvl 8 (50 mana) spells as they are a lot less mana efficient.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Helps to use a wand as well.
Wands are a good way to go. Any Mage Weapon that has Spell Channeling (one-handed of course) will work, as long as it penalizes your skill (-0 wont help). If it has no FC penalty, its even better. Look for one with the -Magery value at the high end of the range (closer to -30). You can also try the discord trick with Satyrs as well as using the weapon.

Stayin Alive,

BG