• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

how do i get eggs?

S

shadowking

now that my chicken is bonded how do i get eggs from them?and how do u get them to hatch, something about adding water? to what the incubator?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Starting a day after bonding, when you feed a bonded chicken lizard it has a chance to lay an egg. I don't know the exact odds of it laying an egg, but it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 1-in-10 (to a maximum of 2 eggs per chicking lizard per week).

You put the eggs in an incubator and then check them twice a day to see if they are dry. If they are, add water (double click a pitcher then target the egg) to keep the shell moist.

Over a few days, the egg will grow and eventually mature. There is a 1-in-10 chance it will mature into a battle chicken egg (1-in-100 if it ever dried out as far as "parched"). You then have 3 days to hatch it (double click the egg, it hatches as a wild creature and needs to be tamed) before spoiling it.

see also: http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=277

LordDrago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Step #1: Don't be me.

My chicken lizards rarely lay eggs. Actually, I just ate three of them for dinner and got three new ones. Hopefully this will speed things up.

In reality, just do what Maplestone has put up

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Step #1: Don't be me.

My chicken lizards rarely lay eggs. Actually, I just ate three of them for dinner and got three new ones. Hopefully this will speed things up.

In reality, just do what Maplestone has put up

I did the same thing as lord drago,I ate the chcikens that didn't lay eggs and got new one and so far I got 1 battle chicken(dull golden colored) and 3 regular chicken lizards and 6 eggs to be fully incubated to see what I get.

too bad we can't make trophies out of the chciken lizards we kill so we can hag em up above the coops to serve as a warning to the "surviving" chicken lizards.

OH and did anyone else notice we can store a regular chciken in the coop too?

prizim618

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have hatched 15 eggs and not a battle chicken among them... and they never went below dry...frustration is setting in.. and oh I named 3 of them fried, baked and soup....lol...

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I took me 3 weeks to get me my first battle chciken. Now i hatched 6 of them. :)

prizim618

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe if i turn my one house into a 4 floored Giant chicken coup.. on of the thousands of chickens lizards I end up with will finally give me a battle chicken....lolol..

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just got my 2nd battle chicken out of my first 9 eggs.

I know I have a dull golden colored one and a light blue colored one.

M

Mairut

To add to what Maplestone said...

*Chickens must be bonded in order to start laying eggs.

*If you feed it and it lays an egg, it will drop on the ground under the chicken lizard, and you will get a message on the bottom left of your screen telling you the chicken laid an egg.

*It can take some newly-bonded chickens a week or two to start laying eggs.

*Battle chickens also have a chance to lay eggs.

*On Atl, battle chicken eggs in rarer colors are going for 500k-5m("rarer" colors are more expensive), I sell the plain "chicken lizard eggs" for about 5k.

*Be careful when hatching Battle chicken lizards in your house...they may be teleported outside under your house sign, and since they are vorpal-like when hatched they will take off if/when teleported. You'd be better off taking them to an NPC building, tiny island or a sheep pen to hatch.
It may have something to do with whether or not your house is public..inconclusive evidence (haha) suggests the if the house is public they will not be tele'd.

*I usually get a battle chicken egg from among 15-20 (from the incubator), 2 from about 30.

I've been keeping all my chicken lizards in coops since day 1 ;)
I have around 30 coops all occupied by either normal or battle chickens...I've figured out a way to stack them 4+ high (using deco tool).

F

Fink

I've had them lay eggs immediately after bonding if you feed them again.

Tara Winchester

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I've had them lay eggs immediately after bonding if you feed them again.
This is still correct as of today! I had three chicken lizards cooped. I got them out, fed them, and they bonded. I stabled them again before reading your post, but then when I just took them back out of the coop and fed them, two of my three chicken lizards laid eggs! Yay! Thanks for the tip!