• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do I compete against:

I

imported_Chad Sexington

I stopped pvping over 2 years ago because of this. EA either needs to do something about it or just let everyone use them. It stopped being fun a while ago for me.

I've went to Yew gate a few times to try and have some fun. But the cheaters showed up so I logged out. What's the point?

It's so obvious that it's laughable that people deny it. I've got screenshots from an unnamed guild saying things like "Turn your [censored] down. So obvious." while they run in circles. They just talk it up not knowing I'm around.

C

Chohag

having fought ur guilds and allies speeders I can say the server cap works perfectly they may warp half a screen up to me so they can hit me but after a bit they get slammed back in place half a screen behind me.

good thing about speeder is most ppl are so bad at running that when they turn on the extra speed they just run into objects and get stopped...atleast the speeders on eu

my guild don't use cheats for pvp and never will. sure it's anoying when ppl zap away when they are redlined but it just gets you to improve ur tactics so that next time he's dead before he gets a chance to zap away

I

imported_ElRay

<blockquote><hr>

A guy who gains a full screen on me every 2 seconds.

He can stop, cast explode, be on my screen almost instantly and stop and poison and cast when I dont even stop to heal.

Anytime you actually fight and he gets hurt, he can run off out of your reach, cure, greater heal and return.

I have a great connection, good computer, run even with anyone I know isn't cheating.

All the people in my guild keep telling me, stop complaining just download it dude.

I mean, what the hell kind of game is this. Cheat or be beat Online?

I am fairly new to game, and its not my first experience with this. Its just really frustrating in a 1v1 fight that you have a major handicap in.

[/ QUOTE ]

its obvious the devs do not care about their product or their work.....another day another paycheck it would seem to them....*yawn* this is the company that is making warhammer online??

I am very vocal to my friends both IRL and on the comp, AND I TELL THEM ALL "STAY AWAY FROM EA GAMES, they ENCOURAGE hacking and cheating"
when my friends ask me why do I say such things, I point out this game and to read stratics.

Needless to say, 99 times out of 100, THEY ARE DISGUSTED, asking "how a game is allowed to be run like that??" AND THEY HAVENT EVEN PLAYED UO!!!

priceless

I

imported_ElRay

<blockquote><hr>

There is a server side speed cap. No one can go faster that the server will allow. It is all just perspective. You perceive he is going faster so you claim OMFG HAXXOR!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

dont be an ignorant piece of crap, I know its hard for you, but try

speed hacks are very real in this game, and its very evident whos doing it
When im chasing my enemy and all of a sudden I hear Jean Luc Picard say "Warp 9....engage" I just stop running

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Stand your ground. Cheaters can never claim a win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Beat the cheaters without using cheats, because if you cheat, and still lose, then you must REALLY suck

[/ QUOTE ]Amen.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

Stand your ground. Cheaters can never claim a win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure they can.

In that small, small world they call their own...

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

A guy who gains a full screen on me every 2 seconds.

He can stop, cast explode, be on my screen almost instantly and stop and poison and cast when I dont even stop to heal.

Anytime you actually fight and he gets hurt, he can run off out of your reach, cure, greater heal and return.

I have a great connection, good computer, run even with anyone I know isn't cheating.

All the people in my guild keep telling me, stop complaining just download it dude.

I mean, what the hell kind of game is this. Cheat or be beat Online?

I am fairly new to game, and its not my first experience with this. Its just really frustrating in a 1v1 fight that you have a major handicap in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I say throw a blanket banning and get rid of them all, after they lose their [censored] and gms ea start to enforce the rules maybe they stop?

All we can hop for I guess

D

Dread Raven

The devs know the names of the programs that are being used. Problem is, they are unable to find someone smart enough to counter them. The second part is people are DL programs that max out there processors and that does make a difference. Even If the server side has a cap, it's probably higher then what you can run on a great system. But tweak your processor speed and address your resources for UO as your primary program, they will fly by you. Maybe they might need to turn down the server side speed even more or allow people to use programs that will enhance there systems speeds.

Regardless of what we post here and attempt to educate EA, they will not get rid of the problem, for the fear of losing a large portion of it's old member base who use it. It would be great if they started to combat it and start passing out bans, it would only take a couple dozen people getting hit to stop a mass majority of it.

Another thing I noticed in this post, a lot of people got real defensive after the first page. Would that be the ones trying to defend themselves for using such programs. Be real, if you use them, try to deny there out there, or defend people using them, please refrain from posting. keep this post from all the finger pointing Drama. No need to mention names or accuse specific guilds. You now if you use them or not.

For the record, I do not use third party programs to PvP, I may get killed alot, but at least I know it's me and not some program when I win.

Edited for spelling