• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How do BRE spawn?

G

Every time you swing a pick or scoop with a shovel a BRE has the chance to make an appearance.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would say, it is approx 1/3 to 1/2 of the time your digging out a blackrock piece that it comes along with a bre.

L

Lilac Crypt

Blackrock elementals can and will spawn every time a GM miner takes a swing with a pick or shovel. (Least I think you have to be GM to spawn one.)

It has nothing to do with blackrock.. just time spent mining. Now if you DO dig one up, you'll be rewarded with a tiny bit of blackrock. Sometimes you'll get a lil bit of blackrock without the elemental spawning. Breathe a sigh of relief, and know that your next one won't be so easy.

It doesn't matter where you are, has nothing to do with what you carry. If you can mine there, you can spawn a black rock elemental.

And you will.

Z

zarobhr

from what i unsterstand you can get a BRE at 95 and above

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have three miners. Two are GM, the other is 99.0 skill.

The miner with 99.0 skill has never mined up a BRE. He also doesn't get gems since he's not GM. You have to be GM to get gems and small blackrock pieces.

Both the two GM miners dig up BRE all the time. Several per day sometimes. After each one there's always a small piece of blackrock in my pack. I mine up quite a bit of blackrock without spawning a BRE too.

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With my ~96 miner (using +5 gloves), I've received several pieces of blackrock, but have yet to see a BRE.

L

Lilac Crypt

If you're getting blackrock bits.. you will be visited.

My general calculation is one Elemental, one freebie blackrock bit, prepare for next Blackrock elemental. But I'm working with a GM miner wearing gloves.

Let us know the ratio when they begin knocking on your miner's head.

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you sure they will spawn if you don't have gm mining (real, not displayed)?

Still none for me, did a spot of mining yesterday as well, got another piece of blackrock. Btw--any reason I should save these? After the first two (I think), the rest have gone in the trash.

L

Lilac Crypt

Not sure at all, but merciful heavens, don't throw the blackrock bits away. Folks are selling them in Luna for 200k each.

If there is another turn-in, which was promised.. they might bring you some useful item.

Last time round, I got
10 Taint
10 Scourge
10 Fire Rubies
+30 ASH
Eye of Travesty
Grizzled Bones
10 Corruption
Sword of the Stampede
10 Ecru Citrines
Daimyo's Helm

That was when you could pick them up off the ground, or mine up big chunks in the blackrock elemental area. Now you actually have to survive the assault just to get the damned bits. We damnsure better get rewarded for our devotion to mining, cause those elementals make mining a lot more challenging.

M

Mystic_Of_Cats

That's a little trick I've learned. Lock mining at 99.9 and use your +5 gloves. You will get gems, but you won't dig up blackrock elementals. However, I've never gotten any blackrock bits either. Usually just gems. So I'm guessing you need to be 100 mining in real skill to get anything blackrock related.

I

imported_JoO

<blockquote><hr>

That's a little trick I've learned. Lock mining at 99.9 and use your +5 gloves. You will get gems, but you won't dig up blackrock elementals. However, I've never gotten any blackrock bits either. Usually just gems. So I'm guessing you need to be 100 mining in real skill to get anything blackrock related.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think gm mining real or displayed will get you a buddy. Heres some research I did. And yes he pwned me.