• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How dare I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Yes how dare I?

I have been told recently that I should not sell off my holdings since I am leaving UO. I Have also been given very good advice. Let me share some of the things I have heard in the last couple of weeks.

I should not sell anything--I should give it all away.

I should not sell anything--I should give it to ____(insert name here)

I am charging way too much for stuff--if I am really quitting what do I want the gold for?

I am charging way too much that Soulstone frag should only cost 100 gold.

I am charging way too much, those Vet rewards should only be 500 gold.

How dare I think I should sell anything in UO?

The above attitude was shown to me by no less than 20 people in the last two weeks. I do have to admit that many have been very supportive of my decision and have been very polite.

But I guess the idea that someone is quitting UO means that you must give everything away and if you feel you must sell it you should ask people what they want to pay for it.

I

imported_Coppelia

When/If I quit I'll keep all in bank boxes and packies just in case I come back.
I decided that nobody needs my stuff.

G

Sure I think your prices are a little higher than normal. But I do not think you should get any less than what the item is actually worth.

You really should have just told these people where to stick it and then forgot that they even existed.

I still would love to have your castle for my museum though lol. PM me or something if it hasn't been decided what your going to do with it yet.

D

DrMcguilicudy

I personally will be glad when you finally leave. The drama is waaaaay to much.

I went to your castle on LS (its a screen shot from my house). I laughed at every overpriced item in it.

It was so funny I let a few guildies know that it was a waste of their time to go check it out.

F

Fayled Dhreams

... hehehehe ... yeah ... the hall is the best place for this ...

heheheh
people talking about people talking about people talking about people talking about people talking about *inhales*
how things should be ...

nice gimmick to not mention you still have stuff your selling ...
how much you gonna tack on for the items being rarer ?
day by day they ARE ... you know

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I quit, I won't be selling my stuff because it will have not value...

That's because I'll be quitting the day the servers are all closed down.

G

Nah no intent to steer people to stuff I have for sale but as you can see in this thread people need to be special.

The intent I had was for people to show just how special they could be. I expected people to prove my point. I did not think it would only take a few moments.

The prices the person refers to have all been searched on that search site and set for sale for less than any of the ones found on that site. I did make a mistake on pricing one item. I thought the price was 3.5 mill and it was 350k instead. I repriced the item, I really wish UO had comma's.

I guess the 150 Heritage tokens, the 100 Soulstone Frags, the roughly 170 million of items that have already been sold in 2 weeks must have also been way over priced. 10,000 bods sold in under 4 hours must have been outragous also.

But as I stated the threads intent was for people to show how special they could be and people proved it very quickly.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Indeed ... how dare they question YOUR specialness ...

as if it was some "new" development in the community ...

how dare they try the haggle (tis impolite to bargin)
pay the price or move on ...

complain about the rude and non-compliant ...
OH! its worked so so well ...

certainly worthy of a starting thread ...

Completely necessary for building community ...
err wait ...

no

no

just wait ...

G

I simply tried to show the specialness in some of the player base.

I did not insult anyone. Nor did I try to show my wit above anothers. I simply made some statements and people stepped right up and displayed how special they could be.

Hmmmm something to ponder on.

S

Slymenstra

<blockquote><hr>

I simply tried to show the specialness in some of the player base.

I did not insult anyone. Nor did I try to show my wit above anothers. I simply made some statements and people stepped right up and displayed how special they could be.

Hmmmm something to ponder on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just sell your crap and move on. I think the community has heard enough, to be honest. People who swoop into UO, demanding changes that were bad for the game, because they "love the game", then just swoop right back out when they feel a flaky moment. Leaving the rest of us stuck with their spamming results for the rest of our time in UO.

Thanks for the memories, DENNAR. You were, as you say, special.

C

Crystilastmous

Sell it all on a vendor in luna. Take that gold, and sell it for cash and recoup some expense that you've paid out to EA.

G

I was going to clean your thread up from trolls until I read your post. Now I'll just lock it. Geesh.

This is SnR, it is not TnA (Troll n' Attack)...

Status
Not open for further replies.