• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How Can This Be???

U

uoBuoY

I'm Tamin' Gaman (I love to say that phrase!) and according to Stratics Taming Calculator, Gaman are perfect Taming training partners right up to 109.0 Taming. I committed to Tame 150 Gaman per night until I could no longer gain from them. However things have taken an abrupt turn of events. Lets look at my last 5 days of Taming results (I keep records because I'm bored with Tamin' Gaman!). I considered 5-6 Tame gains per night acceptable but then...

Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday
Tames 150 150 150 150 150
GGS Gain 1 1 1 1 1
2nd Gain 22 20 19 75 109
Tot Gain 0.6 0.5 0.5 0.2 0.2
EndLevel 100.2 100.8 101.3 101.5 101.7

On Monday I removed 30.0 worth of Chiv from this char to keep her total real skill points under 500.0. That is the only change!

Look at that difference in 2nd gains!!! The first 3 gains occured on the 22nd, 20th and 19th Tames while the next 2 happened on the 75th and 109th Tames.

Wonder at the difference in Tot Gains!!! .6, .5 an .5 on the first 3. Then .2 on the next 2.

Is this how it should be??? WTF?!?!?!?!

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Shrug*

My perspective is they have Taming TOTALLY FUBAR'd due to N number of whiny cry baby PvP'rs/PK'rs.

If you choose to throw in the towel and just move on, then go tame Ridgebacks.

Else push the issue.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe you've entered the territory of the RNG... *shudder*

I don't tend to keep notes about my gains, only makes me grouchy and obsessive, so can't confirm or comment on your gains in depth.

Though oddly enough, I've never had good gains with gaman. Great harts were good, after that Ailsa hit the ridgebacks at 105ish... was ages ago, so not 100% sure, and my other gals either work the uni spawn for zoo turnins, tame cus to get coloured ones or neglect training by hunting with kitsune instead. I've always found that if one critter wasn't gaining well with me, it was worth switching to something else just to check it wasn't better. If only to prevent utter boredom ;)

Wenchy

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think if you look at the numbers, the total gains per session are more or less consistent, when viewed vs (150 - first gain number), if not slightly higher than the previous 3.

The issue as I see it is more in the First Gain numbers than in the Total Gains Number.

Given the RNG's presence in the 150 tame session, the two sets of numbers are pretty much reflecting a problem. They can either represent the Min / Max values (range) OR they represent Clustering. Why Clustering would be prevalent across sessions, would still represent an issue.

In short, from my perspective the BAD BEHAVIOR of the RNG would / should be contained within the session itself and NOT be showing up as a characterization of the Sessions.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
erm, I just checked the calculator myself. At GM taming you have a 68% chance of succeeding in taming a gaman. I translate that to mean you can still get gains from them, but they're going to be few and far between.

If I remember right you should be aiming for something you can tame at around 50% success rate. Though I remember personally doing better if I tamed with 40 - 45% chance.