• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

how are folks doing with pets in the blackrock event?

• Thread starter Detharleon
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Detharleon

hey there,

Just wanted to touch base with the experts... I went thru the black gate last night just to see what the hubbub was all about and all I saw was ALOT of greater dragon corpses (and a good number of ww's) around. The fallen warriors I can tackle on my melee char so those wouldn't be an issue but how do they fare against the bezerker demons and the shadowlords themselves?

Thanks.

I

imported_Hinotori

I've had good luck and bad luck using my hellhounds there. On the plus side they kill things fast (even faster if I succeed at discoing it). On the negative side they only have so many HP and I need to find better armor pieces. AND coming through that gate with about 5 fallen warriors and 4 or so fetid essence on the gate makes for very dead people.

T

Taming Tucker

supers can tank alot without healing (2 fallen warriors and ur screwed tho). Cu's go down fast as well as mares and bugs (at least what ive seen anyway) Although, i used a hiyru(not lesser) on a beserker ok, just keep essences and wisps away
little things ruin healing

G

I seem to have better luck with Ailsa and her hiryu than my bard and her greater. Often because at least I know which is mine in the crowd

The greater isn't too bad though, I think if I had 120 vet/lore squeezed on my bard she'd do better with her draggy. Or maybe he needs a tougher name than Huffenpuff to do his best lol.

Wenchy

P

Prudentis

Hiryu is OK against daemons because of their only weakness is physical resist and the hiryu has lots of HP. But since the hiryu doesn't do enough damage, cahnces are, you get another add and have to run.
I do much better with my mare on the wisps, though. Very fast with the mare.
I don't have a superdrag bonded, so no idea, but I see them tearing up most everything in the event.
Right now I try to stick to the wisps with my mare and avoid anything else. The fallen warriors hit too hard for the mare and the hiryu is dealing damage to slowly. The fetid essences are a pain in the butt. I try to avoid them.

D

Detharleon

now thats wierd... I went in last night with my greater dragon which fared awesome for the most part but the damage vs the bezerker demons I was only seeing like 6-8's scrolling off the screen for his damage.
Against anything else I was seeing nice numbers.
the fetids were not THAT bad... until someone trains a group of 4-5 on to folks then its oooOOOOooOOO time

I

imported_Sarphus

I've been very successful with a beetle and a bake