• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How about turning on accelerated gains in all Virtue dungeons?

• Thread starter MoonglowMerchant
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

MoonglowMerchant

No one on production shards will complain, it will fix ROT on Siege, and it will be good for population in the old dungeons.

S

Sarphus

I like the idea of having accelerated gains somewhere, but I think turning them on for all virtue dungeons would be a bad idea. virtue dungeons are too easy to give them a reward like that. It would be entirely too easy for people to train while invisible or just lure all the monsters away from their training area and macro.

The abuses far outweigh the benefits imo.

G

galefan2004

No one on production shards will complain, it will fix ROT on Siege, and it will be good for population in the old dungeons.
It is a band aid for both ROT and production shards. What they need to do is just turn on accelerated skill gain period. Ideally, I would like to see it where we gain 10 points each gain instead of 1 point.

G

galefan2004

I like the idea of having accelerated gains somewhere, but I think turning them on for all virtue dungeons would be a bad idea. virtue dungeons are too easy to give them a reward like that. It would be entirely too easy for people to train while invisible or just lure all the monsters away from their training area and macro.

Few people bother to train skills legitimately anymore. Most either macro them or find other interesting ways to gain them. The problem is with the systems themselves. UO is to old of a game at this point to require such an extreme entry level when no other game actually does.

M

MoonglowMerchant

Isn't the alternative simply scripting gains?

I'd prefer this to that.

Felucca dungeons only would be an option too...

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Few people bother to train skills legitimately anymore.
So again you show your lack of knowledge on Siege. Most people train skills the old way here. You can't buy up your skills off NPC, and to be honest, most new players don't have homes to macro safely in, and town certainly isn't safe to train in.

You have Siege envy really bad, don't ya?...la

M

MoonglowMerchant

So again you show your lack of knowledge on Siege. Most people train skills the old way here. You can't buy up your skills off NPC, and to be honest, most new players don't have homes to macro safely in, and town certainly isn't safe to train in.

I think he was talking about production shards.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The fact he was replying to you when you actually stated that the intended purpose was to aid Siege is the little hint that he was directing his comments at Siege specifically...la

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like this idea.

Damn it, why didn't I think of it first.

*chuckles*

It'll be especially great for new players.

"Ok I'm done with Haven, what now...Here's a dungeon, let's try this out...Wow this is fun, wow, accelerated skill gain. Oh crap, an artifact too! This game is awesome!!!"

By the time they realize that most Virtue Artifacts aren't that good, they will already be too involved and will have a developed character to boot.

-Galen's player

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would never leave felucca ever ever ever again if they made fel virtue dungeons have increased skill gain. it would be insane, heart pounding uo again.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would never leave felucca ever ever ever again if they made fel virtue dungeons have increased skill gain. it would be insane, heart pounding uo again.
I don't think anyone said anything about this being specifically in Fel dungeons...Fel already has power scrolls, increased Fame, increased Karma (I think?), increased resources, increased chances for a Virtue Artifact.

-Galen's player

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
decreased variety and landmass needs some more skill gain. Frankly, I'd like to see an alternating location system. every 2 hours the dungeon with increased gains shifts to another....

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

rtlfc

As far as production shards go although I like the idea of having somewhere you could get accelerated gains, I think having it in all anti-virtue dungeons would be a bad idea for reasons already stated about the gold farmers etc.

As far as siege, I don't know enough about that shard to know if it would be good/bad. As far as I can tell it's an entirely different game there, I have attempted to play there but never stuck with it.

M

MoonglowMerchant

i love the idea! it would make those deserted dungeons useful again!
Advanced characters on Siege, blackrock gains, alacrity scrolls, fixing ROT.....surely the dev team doesn't have anymore excuses and surely they have the ability to figure out at least one of these options...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting notion. How do you see it working for crafters?

I'm currently training a new crafter on Siege, and contrary to popular belief, I don't train afk or with any assistance other than uoa.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
True true... but it is still a great idea even though it isn't all inclusive.

M

MoonglowMerchant

I'm currently training a new crafter on Siege, and contrary to popular belief, I don't train afk or with any assistance other than uoa.
Put a guy at brit bank. When you walk up to him he asks if you need an alacrity scroll. You say yes, you get a menu that lets you pick one. One per day, one per week, I don't care. But that would help.

Edit: Heck, make it so you have to drop gold or silver or something on him. The possibilities are endless.

M

MoonglowMerchant

Put a guy at brit bank. When you walk up to him he asks if you need an alacrity scroll. You say yes, you get a menu that lets you pick one. One per day, one per week, I don't care. But that would help.

Edit: Heck, make it so you have to drop gold or silver or something on him. The possibilities are endless.
My point with all this is that there are several ways to "fix" ROT without actually messing with the ROT code. These ways are newer and therefore ought to be more workable than the old code. They could also benefit all shards and not just Siege which is another excuse trotted out all too often.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd prefer to do some kind of 'task' for an npc in a similar way to the new player quests on production shards. I'm uncomfortable with the way alacrity scrolls are used when in conjunction with RoT tbh.

C

CKTC

id prefer to have it like it was before specific spots to go and do it in the desert etc... both facets... got some good kills there lol

L

Lord Kynd

how about you do it the old fashiond way and go out hunting and get to know your skill and character well.
instant gratification isn't all it's cracked up to be.

G

galefan2004

I said MOST PEOPLE. Not to mention, you don't even have the gain system that is on the production shard.

Thank you for your opinion.

G

galefan2004

The fact he was replying to you when you actually stated that the intended purpose was to aid Siege is the little hint that he was directing his comments at Siege specifically...la
He mentioned both production shards and Siege in is his original post.

G

galefan2004

how about you do it the old fashiond way and go out hunting and get to know your skill and character well.
I hunt to level in WoW. However, UO is a totally different game in that going out hunting is by far not the best way to actually gain skills.

M

MoonglowMerchant

No one is asking for instant gratification. The training times for ROT now are horrifically long. It just needs to be speeded up some so that it isn't such a huge obstacle to anyone who wants to play here.