• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How about a new weapon special attack

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have often wondered why we do not have a "Silence" special on any weapons. A 10 +/- second squelch on a successful hit. What a wonderful idea.

Also, why does archery not have a disarm special on any of their weapons? All other weapon types do, even wrestle.

Discuss.

Seinken

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Silence can be induced basically by either nox or bleed, both pretty much put the mage on defense (bleed more so). If it was just a straight mute how much fun would you have chasing down a mage that wouldn't even bother stopping to heal himself?

And rofl at the archery suggestion, enough people die in PVP as it is to archers, and if you gave archery disarm don't you think there would be basically no reason to pick up a melee skill?(pvp)

Only reason to use a melee skill in pvm is to get full use of the mana leech ability and that's not even fully necissary.

In fact, melee is almost completely phased out, give archery disarm and no one will use melee anymore, heck archery even has a nox ability. Leave archery alone.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know, a lot of mages run in protection in pvp now, what with the god mode of EP and defense chance now. A silence special is a viable thought for melee.

Archers do not have a bleed or disarm attack. This should be rectified. As far as a nox attack, I don't know of any archer who has ever hit me with an elven composite, besides, with the pot chugger crutches out there, poison is about useless.

M

Masumatek

How about we balance specials that need balancing first. How about we remove the dismount special from the game. Might as well remove the disarm special too imo, and we should definitely not give it to archers (btw my only char is an archer).

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about we balance specials that need balancing first. How about we remove the dismount special from the game. Might as well remove the disarm special too imo, and we should definitely not give it to archers (btw my only char is an archer).

They should let maces break armor again, after a few months they will be less AOS crap.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Archery doesn't need disarm, it has enough good specials. I love my archer, but on the disarm......NO! In fact, while you're doing it, I'd love to see balanced bows disappear...it's ridiculous you can hold a two hand weapon and chug pots, while any other two hand weapon requires you to drop the weap in order to chug. Couple balanced with a ranged attack...yeah THAT'S fair.rolleyes:

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And rofl at the archery suggestion
EXACTLY!!!

If anything Archery needs to be nerfed when it comes to specials. Why the hell would anyone pick up a close-range melee skill when they can get archery and have ALL of the benefits the other melee skills offer... AND be able to hit at a range.

Its total BS.

Even then, as it stands, with Use Best Weapon skill... it doesn't matter if you pick fencing over macing... its totally fubar as none these skills have anything going for them.

and then... you even have this...

In fact, while you're doing it, I'd love to see balanced bows disappear...it's ridiculous you can hold a two hand weapon and chug pots, while any other two hand weapon requires you to drop the weap in order to chug.
its totally unfair, poorly implemented and is in grave need of reconsideration to make combat more balanced.

And people wonder why 90% of UOs melee pvpers/pvmers are archers...

its total crap, the way they enhanced this skill.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
OMG for the whinners with Archery...... Leave them alone...... bows are slow as all get out..... most of them don't hit for squat... Heck by the time an archer actually can hit you again you should have healed... Bunch of freaking whinners.... leave my dismount alone..... Archers are balanced with the slow speed of their weapons the lousy damage and the fact we can't disarm or bleed... concussion blow and dismount are two of our most useful skills....

I agree with one thing..... Don't give archers a disarm..... I like the silence idea... But I think that should be a potion.... like an explosion...... only a silencing gas....(maybe one can make it with some of the peerless junk or better yet how about using deadwood?) And the potion should work for spell casting monsters as well as players... And while your at it....... add something that will stop the "gazing freaking beauty" of them freaking dryads. So tired of not being able to do anything cause of a freaking dryad killing something off the screen from me. Heck can't gaze on it's beauty from clear over there if I wanted to...... that should be LINE OF SIGHT!.... subject to the same totally bogus laws of players not monsters.... I don't have x-ray vision.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OMG for the whinners with Archery...... Leave them alone...... bows are slow as all get out..... most of them don't hit for squat... Heck by the time an archer actually can hit you again you should have healed... Bunch of freaking whinners.... leave my dismount alone..... Archers are balanced with the slow speed of their weapons the lousy damage and the fact we can't disarm or bleed... concussion blow and dismount are two of our most useful skills....
You ever come across a crossbow or heavy crossbow with 40 SSI in PvP? And if you're a stealth archer couple those with the assassin armor. That makes 60 SSI, which will make a heavy crossbow 2 second swing speed before stamina is factored in. And heavies and regular crossbows do high damage.

M

Masumatek

As far as balanced goes, okay...remove it from the game. No more pots for archers. BUT allow archers to use shurikens without the balanced property. Archers already got nerfed with ds. There needs to be reason for archers to have ninjitsu aside from animal form...

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They should let maces break armor again, after a few months they will be less AOS crap.
No, unless they make it easy to replace crafted armor. Right now, if you have the perfect suit and lose a piece it takes forever to find a suitable replacement. Especially for mages, where you need high resists, 100 LRC, 40 LMC, some MR, 2/6 casting, and as much dci as possible.

E

Ericge99

Leave archers alone, thev'e been nerfed enough as it is. Most people that complain about archers are mages. I think its time we look at mages, still the most over powered char in the game.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Leave archers alone, thev'e been nerfed enough as it is. Most people that complain about archers are mages. I think its time we look at mages, still the most over powered char in the game.
Mages are overpowered huh? How can I kill them all the time on a samurai built for PvM? And if archers have been nerfed, it obviously hasn't gone far enough, I still see archers all the time in PvP running balanced, 40 SSI crossbows and heavy crossbows able to do more damage in one hit than any other class while spam chugging potions.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This sir is indeed funny. I would say any new players (newbie PvPers) trying out PvP would play a straight Archer dexer w/ chiv. Archer is by far one of the most powerful templates in game that's known for taking very little player skill. Archer is what I called an item-PvPer. The power between an archer with decent bow and another with godly bow (balanced, fc1, ssi, hit fireball, ssi) is out of wack. Heavy archery weapons requires SSI, any xbows or heavies that dont come with high ssi are next to useless. Balanced is the bread and butter that makes archers to be able to chug with weapon on, and this "skill" do not take skill point at all. Any good archery weapon with high hit fireball/magic arrow is mage killer due to the delayed hit spell functionality.

All in all good archer requires ssi, balanced, hit spell, hit lower defense. And if an archer has access to them all on a single weapon they are now a solid PvPer. IMO a solid pvper should revolved more around player skill but not what items they got.

Give a trammie who has never pvped before (pvmers) a decent archer suit and weapon w/ 4/6 chiv archer template, and give another trammie pvmer a GODLY mage suit and a mage template and have them go against each other and the archer will win. Mage system is too complicated for most new players, and archer is the easiest and also packs way more punch than mages that dont require any timing or casting.

While you are saying archery is the only skill that has no bleed and disarm then I would also argue that archery is the ONLY skill that has RANGED concussion. RANGED mortal strike, RANGED armor ignore, RANGED double strike, RANGED hit spell effect on weapon. You see the point now?

Archer is by far one of the most powerful template(note: I didnt say overpowered) that requires very little player skill to be good. So take what you got and enjoy it. Disarm/bleed/evasion is about the only reason people still use melee abilities, and we will have problems if you take those away.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I know fencers using spears that take me down in just 2 hits..... there are mages who use the X box crutch...... there are all sorts of things that are NOT balanced..... Yes a good heavy and a good X-bow are essential to any good archer and yes you "could" get one with all the mods your talking about..... but honestly the average player will NEVER have a 40SSI crossbow that is balanced with Hit lightning or fireball and everything else they need..... in order for me to have the "perfect bow".... it would need 40SSI, 50 DI, 50 Hit lightning, Balanced with at least 10 HCI.... Would be nice too if it had 50 HLD... but that's just dreaming. Seriously it would take 400 heartwood kits to get a bow that exceptional..... and I personally have NEVER gotten a heartwood kit ...... doubt I ever will... As I said the "average" player will never have anything remotely close to that.... I do alright with what I have and mine I can guarantee is NOT Balanced.... Just saying there are many godlike weapons out there of all varieties.... The fact bows can be balanced is not what makes a godly weapon.... heck I have seen a bunch of balanced bows I wouldn't use at all.. they are garbage...