• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Housing in Felucca

Windarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Since returning, I’ve found that a number of guides and sources for official UO information are outdated. Can someone give me a rundown of the differences between housing in Felucca and housing in Trammel regarding safety and security?

Sara D

Adventurer
Basically in fel you can be killed right outside your house. The land masses are about the same but maybe a bump here or there. If you find a spot in fel go to tram and check the same area to see what is there or to a different shard. If you have a custom house and redo it for some reason or another, make sure the settings on your doors and teles are set to what ever you want. They seem to pop back to anyone when you change the house. If it is private you will have to friend who ever comes into the house. I have a house on Catskills in fel and have no problem. It seems like you may have a better chance of placing a larger house in fel than in tram, depending on the shard. I have a house also on Siege and that is all a pvp area. Just have to watch around you. (you can have a house now on a prodo shard and one on Siege or Mugen)

I hope this helps some.

Windarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Basically in fel you can be killed right outside your house. The land masses are about the same but maybe a bump here or there. If you find a spot in fel go to tram and check the same area to see what is there or to a different shard. If you have a custom house and redo it for some reason or another, make sure the settings on your doors and teles are set to what ever you want. They seem to pop back to anyone when you change the house. If it is private you will have to friend who ever comes into the house. I have a house on Catskills in fel and have no problem. It seems like you may have a better chance of placing a larger house in fel than in tram, depending on the shard. I have a house also on Siege and that is all a pvp area. Just have to watch around you. (you can have a house now on a prodo shard and one on Siege or Mugen)

I hope this helps some.
Thanks! Mostly I’m curious about the safety and security of the house. If someone were to stealth into the house behind me, is it possible for theft of items or are lockdowns and secures safe?

croy6325

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Thanks! Mostly I’m curious about the safety and security of the house. If someone were to stealth into the house behind me, is it possible for theft of items or are lockdowns and secures safe?
any containers u have in your house are safe as long as you keep them as owner only. theoretically, someone could stealth into your house by following you and killing you, but he can't steal anything.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What you can do is place a customizable plot and then make a little porch area and then have a teleporter that you can step on to hop to the inside. You could still have doors for looks and for guests if you wanted to let them in keeping the tele set to owner and or co-owner. You could also do a little area like how castle are with the double front doors. But running up on your porch and hitting a teleporter is always the safest and best bet.

Also if the house is private only you and people you have given access or friended/co-owned to can come in.

You could have a public house, and set the doors/teleporters.

Also don't forget detect hidden is 100% in your own home, and if you do ever find someone, have that eject/ban button on standby to boot them. :)

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
AFAIK Detect Hidden in a Fel house would reveal anyone who stealthed in. It's 100% successful in your house (ref: UOguide). Then you simply remove them which I think is on the house sign. Essentially activate that and target the revealed person.

A couple macros could be set up to make it faster.

Windarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
AFAIK Detect Hidden in a Fel house would reveal anyone who stealthed in. It's 100% successful in your house (ref: UOguide). Then you simply remove them which I think is on the house sign. Essentially activate that and target the revealed person.

A couple macros could be set up to make it faster.
Thanks!

Syncros

Adventurer
You can also be killed inside your house from AoE spells through open spots/windows and even through the floor. Dont afk by a wall and you should be ok.

Windarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I chose a spot in Trammel after all. It's a great spot with an ocean view just southeast of Wrong. Thanks for all the info everyone!