• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Housing can not be created here"

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did I miss something a while back? I was wandering around looking for a fun house spot and ended up back at one of my old spots. It was right behind the Jhelom farm where all the animals are. I once had a marble house with patio there. But when I tried to place it again there it got the message "housing can not be created here." Did the housing areas become more restricted recently?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
some places are tricky, did you try placing like a 7x7 just to see if it would go down?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
It can't be created there so it doesn't matter.
Yes it does, if any portion of a house or plot covers a No Housing Zone you get that message, it could be possible moving it one tile north,south,east, or west would allow placement. Trying to drop a 7x7 is the easiest way to check if the placement rules have been changed to allow no houses, or if it's simply matter of targeting or rules changing the size allowable in a spot.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, Nexus, and thank you for explaining it in detail :)

whenever I have trouble placing a house I try a smaller one first to make sure I'm not wasting my time, and usually it's my bad targeting with the larger house that is the problem, and not the entire area cordoned off

X

XLaCeDX

I think some areas were never intended to allow house placement but due to bugs and in some instances OSI staff doing the placing, houses have been placed there anyway.

For instance on Pac there is a small one room house that sits atop a tower near the east Brit swamp, there are also several placed in east Brit near the fields.

Those are all old houses but there were recently some housing change due to a bug? that allowed houses to be placed at moongates? and in east Brit fields once again, but those newer houses were deleted by game staff or their owners.

Pretty sure you can trade old houses that currently exist in 'housing can not be created in this area zones'.

Once those old houses fall however, the no housing rules apply and houses no longer can be placed there.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
In the beginning there where no rules, I own a house where its impossible to place now. In guard zone.
There is still several buildings on cats on fel side in guard zones.
You used to be able to place down in the dungeons under buccs den.
And also on top of towers. The old tower fort is still stadning on some shards. One tower with 3 small houses in front of it with only a recall spot inside. And then on top of it a house on the roof.
We still have a tower with a house on top of it on cats just east of brit next to the swamps.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had my house there like 6 months ago maybe a tad longer, so I'm not looking back to the days where there were no rules, nor was this around the times when houses rules were messed up. I did try placing a small 7x7 and it fit. However I can no longer place the large marble house with patio. It's like they extended the barrier.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
might have something to do with some changes made to the houses a while ago, also.. for some reason the north and west walls seem to extend beyond the foundations, and that happened around the time that deeds were no longer allowed along the south and east walls.... the whole thing is very odd

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Keep in mind too that there's a slight bug with the housing tool. It's currently one or two tiles off to the west, meaning move your placing one to two tiles to the east, and it might yet place.

So far it looks like only the 2D client is affected because in SA I was able to place a house the other day, first try, exactly as it appeared.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I had my house there like 6 months ago maybe a tad longer, so I'm not looking back to the days where there were no rules, nor was this around the times when houses rules were messed up. I did try placing a small 7x7 and it fit. However I can no longer place the large marble house with patio. It's like they extended the barrier.
It's probably that North Side boundary issue. I recently nabbed a spot inside Luna, on the north side, and the older houses on either side of me could place 1 tile closer to the city wall (the South Side of the Plot) than I can. I'm thinking that your original house was near a blocking boundary and now that what ever happened, happened your being hit by this.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just found this out for myself but, I was under the impression that the old style houses like the marble you're talking about can not be replaced and if you log out with these deeds in your pack and log back in, they will change back into a deco tool.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just found this out for myself but, I was under the impression that the old style houses like the marble you're talking about can not be replaced and if you log out with these deeds in your pack and log back in, they will change back into a deco tool.
I never used a house deed to place it before, I used the tool. I mentioned I had that house there around 6 months ago. Perhaps I should be more specific, while I had it around 6 months ago, I also placed it around 6+ months ago. And of course, house deeds have been extinct a lot longer, :p