• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Houses on closed accounts?

G

Five on Friday - alert for anyone who plays 'musical houses' with closed accounts
<blockquote><hr>

"When are you going to do something about all the trial accounts that monopolize the good housing spots?"

This is an extremely common complaint, and a valid one. The fix is not trivial, but we think it's worth it - as of the next publish, characters that are less than 15 days old will not be able to place or trade houses. This means that 14-day trial accounts will not be able to place or trade houses (as there's no way for the character to be older than the account,) and it should level the playing field a bit for our paying customers.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm reading this right it means that anyone who lets their house get far enough into the decay cycle that they need to transfer it, they're not going to be able to use a trial account to do it

G

I'm sure we will see some posting on the forum the next 3 months from house owners asking about why trial accounts can't place.

I find it great all will have to pay to own a house. Maybe they will start playing too or drop the house

G

I was thinking more of people who have 4, 5 or even 6 accounts but only play a couple of them regularly than of people who have houses on closed accounts and don't play at all.

They'll need to be more careful of their dates I guess.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

I was thinking more of people who have 4, 5 or even 6 accounts but only play a couple of them regularly than of people who have houses on closed accounts and don't play at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this exploiting the system?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this exploiting the system?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so. When I made one of my accounts inactive, I dropped my house first. A grace period is one thing, but there are people who make a PRACTICE of paying 1 month, going inactive 3 for housing only, and using the trial accounts to trade when they mess up. It is 2 separate issues of course (a while back they talked about reducing the grace period to 30 days and never implemented it). You should have to be paying for the account continuously to own a house IMO, with a grace period that covers billing hiccups - minor things like credit card expirations, real life distractions, etc.

-Skylark

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How many people are using trial accounts to place a house and never pay. Then when it falls they just place a new house on a new trial account.

G

I guess it is, really. But I'm a bit of an optimist. If they can't bear to let the house fall, maybe we have a chance of drawing them back into the game.

It doesn't affect me personally, Terry and I share 3 accounts that have only gone inactive for the odd week once in a while when the billing got screwed up.