• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Houseing nameed IDOC?

5% Luck

Is this a trick or something. I just ran across a Keep named this structure is in danger of collapsing. Is this the name of the house or the mark of its inevitable collapse?

G

It is an allowed name...I fell for that before too - I came across a keep with that name on Siege, and tried to get in touch with the owner to warn them (owned by Jeremiah at the time, that was about a year ago). Turns out it was just the name on the house sign, and I didn't pick up that there wasn't any condemned status when hovering the mouse over it.

-Skylark

G

You don't know how much better I feel after reading this post. I sat outside a house waiting for it to fall until I realized it was named in danger of collapsing. If the owner had only known how much fun he had at my expense. I learned after that to look for the number of lines on the sign.

G

It's a joke that's been retold so many times its no longer funny.

I

Immotep

This joke works better on those people that use scripts to find their IDOC's. Makes their house flaged, and the script runner stops to check it out. It also makes it so those that run scripts start to ignor it and if it does go they wont be paying attention!!

G

OMG never thought of that...too bad we couldn't get all of UO to re-name their house for say...3 months

I

imported_Spiritless

A script would check to see if there were 4 lines in the house sign. If yes, it is IDOC. If not, it isn't. It wouldn't catch any decently coded scripts out.