• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

House was IDOC

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now it's called "Demolition Pending" and owned by OSI, condition Fairly worn.

A Luna town vendor house. Another house in Luna has been owned by OSI AND not falling for a year.

G

GFY

I've heard that OSI will keep a house for vets serving overseas and unable to play for a long period of time. I'm not sure if it's true and I don't know if these houses are involved. OSI has said that they will be dropping some of their houses, but I have no info as to where and when.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the account goes inactive then the house wil fall, being deployed doesnt give nayone an excuse to let an account go lapse.

That said this house is under some other type of issue.

JC is prob convincing EA to give it to him, LOL just kidding, remembering an anohter thread.

These houses should be inder the umbrella that EA will be collapsing them soon as stated.

L O L:coco:

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sometimes UO just hold houses that belonged to people who has been banned from UO. The house is then held until ban has been offically judged.

But there is a Castle that in the the Swamp above Trinsic in Trammel that has been held by UO/EA since house placement night(s) in Trammel many years ago. The house sign has some weird message about the house is being held by British Carpentery Guild or some such... (can't remember the exact message). No Idea why this castle hasn't been allowed to fall so players could place there....

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just went to the castle I was speaking of... the exact message is:
"This Building is being held by the Britannian Architect's Foundation, please do not call a GM about it".

it is a private building and nobody ever uses it or allowed to enter it.....

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
My wife and I have been watching this place for some time. Last night, the house was still "Greatly Worn." We rushed home from work today in hopes of intercepting its impending collapse, only to find the message noted above. How disappointing.

My guess is that OSI is investigating the account for some type of scamming.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its been banned, pending final judgement. If you report it to Draconi, with the shard, facet and sextant coordinates the house and its contents will all eventually be deleted at a random time in the future and the space reopened for housing.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
If the house had vendors then it will keep refreshing until the vendors contracts expire. Just because you cant see the vendors in the house doesn't mean the moving box doesn't have them in it.

Chesapeake has the same thing with a Tower placed in the swamps North/East of Britain owned by the Carpenters yada yada. My thought is that its a bug where you can build a house and EA placed it so no one could place.

Now you can be sure ill be there for the next idoc cycle hehe. Always wanted a Luna house.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the carpenters guild homes were placed as part of a promotion to give some very big homes to players. Many of these prizes went unclaimed by their winners and EA just forgot about them.

M

MuffinBear

How can you tell what condition a house is in? when I click the signs it only shows the name.

G

GFY

If it shows the name it's fine. If it's starting to decay, it will say anything from slight worn, to in danger of collapse.