• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

House Security After Condemning A House

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This evening I used one of my accounts that already had a house to place a house on another shard. Obviously, that condemned house #1 and apparently also cleared the co-owner and friends list for the house. It also meant I need to clean out house #1 pronto and stash everything that's worth saving in bankboxes.

I understand about the house security being cleared when a house becomes condemned. What I don't really understand is that now that it is condemned, I have to keep redeclaring my characters from other accounts as co-owners about once every 45 to 60 minutes because the co-owner list keeps clearing itself.

This is really annoying when you are in the process of clearing everything out of a condemned house. You're already racing against the clock and now on top of that you also have to deal with characters who are taking stuff away to give to other characters to store in their bank boxes and when they come back to the house for another load they can't get in. Or all of a sudden they can't get into something like the commodity deed box where they were putting bulk resources into deeds. Or they get completely booted out of the house.

Is this constant clearing of the house security something new? I can sort of understand it for IDOCs, but I really do not understand it on accounts that are active and the house is just in decay because another house was placed. It is really a nuisance to deal with and makes me feel like my account is being treated as if it is in arrears when it is actually paid up and active.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, was this always an issue Tina? Like you, I don't recall ever having this issue. I feel your pain, seems like a real PITA and I hope you get this issue sorted.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's not new (the part of the access list being cleared), but I would have expected it to be setup that way for inactive accounts only, not houses that are in states of decay while the house-holding account is still active...

I guess it's too much to expect the system to treat two as separate issues.

I personally have not placed a house with an account that already had a house since those last changes were implemented.
So I wouldn't know... but I suspect it probably has been like this since publish 89, 2/23/2015

When a house goes into the condemned stage the house will go private and all access will be removed.
It doesn't specify in the patch notes whether the account needs to be active or not.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grrrr.....just hit the one hour timer and the co-owner that was taking stuff away from the house just got booted and her pack animals were stuck in the house, essentially trapped because you can't log out and back in again to retrieve unmounted pack animals that are carrying something.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, was this always an issue Tina? Like you, I don't recall ever having this issue. I feel your pain, seems like a real PITA and I hope you get this issue sorted.
I'm almost finished, but I've had to co-own the account that was helping to clear the house (e.g., unraveling lots of junk) and move things about four times now.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had the same issue recently when I placed a new house, except I swear it was being wiped every 15-30 minutes tops. Thankfully I was moving from a fairly small house at the time, so I didn't have a lot to move, but I had to co-own the account noving the stuff four or five times in that short period.