• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

House Resize Timer?

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey guys, Im having trouble finding the official information. If I resize my house... how long do I have where I will be the only one able to place? How long is the window of safe time? Anybody know? Any word on how big the area is?

Thanks

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1 hr between drops or resizing.
So let me clarify this I placed a home I need to resize, my friend is dropping his plot next to mine so i can make mine bigger. Do I need to wait on his timer as well?
You resize your house (stand under house sign and say 'i wish to resize my house') and your friend does not. They will just drop the house as usual through the house sign menu.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Big problem with house resizing. I placed a keep in fel for a friend and transferred it to her main character. The next day we tried to upgrade this keep to a castle since the land looked like it could take it. When we demolished the house using the "i wish to resize my house" it let her demolish but when she went to try to replace it gave the timer error message that she had to wait 100 hours to place a house because she had recently recieved or placed a house.

This isn't mentioned whatsoever in the house resizing info that i could see.

Luckily we had another account that could place but we still had to wait over an hour to place as the area was reserved for her account when she gave the "i wish to resize my house" message even though she couldn't place.

What is also interesting is that the account and character that re-placed that keep is the same character that placed the original keep 2 days before.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Big problem with house resizing. I placed a keep in fel for a friend and transferred it to her main character. The next day we tried to upgrade this keep to a castle since the land looked like it could take it. When we demolished the house using the "i wish to resize my house" it let her demolish but when she went to try to replace it gave the timer error message that she had to wait 100 hours to place a house because she had recently recieved or placed a house.

This isn't mentioned whatsoever in the house resizing info that i could see.

Luckily we had another account that could place but we still had to wait over an hour to place as the area was reserved for her account when she gave the "i wish to resize my house" message even though she couldn't place.

What is also interesting is that the account and character that re-placed that keep is the same character that placed the original keep 2 days before.
You can't place a house if you have recently received one in trade.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can't place a house if you have recently received one in trade.
Yeah, it shouldn't let you do the resize house option then.
Probably not, but they didn't tie the two things in together. After all, if you place a house you are on the house timer, but if you go to resize it (and therefore drop it) you should now no longer be on the timer. So they'd have to work around that. It's a bit dinky and should probably be redone entirely so everything ties in well and there isn't any confusion what will happen when.

Unfortunately most people don't realize how it works until something goes wrong and they end up doing research after the fact. :/