• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

House/Property Visitor pay??

G

Has this been turned Off? We built a property.. skill house. We've had visitors.
We aren't getting paid.. Shouldn't it show the next day.. It hasn't..

Thank you

G

is that ever? of ea land for now? I can't believe there is NO pay... that is just WRONG

I

imported_Qute Pi

no visitor bonus or property bonus.
but you do get $500 simoleans as a bonus...i think weekly?

G

one never knows whats going on one minute from the next in this everchanging game. leastways i dunno
However i have made it a personal challenge to make sure i tip every house i use items on. I hope all players make sure they r tipping. Otherwise people will stop opening skill houses. Also there may be a need in the future for houses to charge for buffet etc. Im not sure. The game was originally meant to be that way. Not a free for all. So until these changes are made, please tip your houseowners peeps.

G

Yes!! I had over 30 people for several nights. The Food cost.. etc.
And we got 51 sim one night. One guy tipped a 100 each on another night.

for hours of running around helping.. singing, etc

This is not going to work.

G

yeah they switched the visitor bonus to a weekly $500 bonus for being a paying member!

T

turtleface

As far as I knew, it was working out all right.
Every time i've opened my house, people have tipped more than enough to cover the cost of food by far. I always tip enough to cover my food and then some more, depending on how good the house was and how long i saw there etc when i go to someone's house, unless i was there for five minutes and didn't eat anything. I thought everybody was doing the same. If skill houses really are struggling so much, i think we all need to leave them more tips. Also, i'd be happy to use a pay door at skill houses.
I don't think we'll ever be getting the property bonuses back.

R

ryotgrrl13

<blockquote><hr>

As far as I knew, it was working out all right.
Every time i've opened my house, people have tipped more than enough to cover the cost of food by far. I always tip enough to cover my food and then some more, depending on how good the house was and how long i saw there etc when i go to someone's house, unless i was there for five minutes and didn't eat anything. I thought everybody was doing the same. If skill houses really are struggling so much, i think we all need to leave them more tips. Also, i'd be happy to use a pay door at skill houses.
I don't think we'll ever be getting the property bonuses back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm the same way. i always give a little something extra for all the hard work. and I think that skill houses SHOULD have pay doors. heck, some money houses should if they arent making enough.

G

<blockquote><hr>

This is not going to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is working, but not in the way it used to, in the production cities. It is a new game, and a new challenge.

And to clarify, the §500 weekly bonus for paying subscribers, is only for the oldest sim.....other sims on the same account, do not get a bonus.

T

Trish Stratus

<font color="blue"> </font> I too believe that you go to a house, you tip. That's what the tip jars were made for. We shouldn't have to rely on a property bonus to make money, like the real world. Get a job!

I

Inge Jones

Well the money houses get automatic commission on items made, and they still have tip jars. I *do* think there should be some sort of automatic pay-per-hour-per-visitor to skill houses. If it actually came out of the visitor's pocket it would force them to get jobs or also visit money houses and enrich play.

G

*ttl*

I am still strongly in favor of houses charging for services. It would be alot easier for me if they did. I do leave tips and often considerably extra, but I also have a really bad memory and I've been known to forget, of course I also forget to green in general.... If I had to pay for each greening cycle I wouldnt be able to forget.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well the money houses get automatic commission on items made, and they still have tip jars.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have seen this been mentioned many times, and I just have to reply to it. It seems people are under the impression that the owner/roomies in money houses makes loads of money on kickbacks. I'm a roomie in a money house that is basically full all the time, when we're open. During that time (lets say 12 hours) we refill the fridge at least 3 times. That's 480x3=$1440.

The kickback for each sell is $1 if you happen to OWN the object in use. I don't know what the kickback is for Pizza/Code/Maze, as I don't own any of those. As far as I remember, $122 was the highest number I have seen. And that was after a few hours of gnome craze, when that was paying very good. Including what I manage to make myself, between hosting responsibilities, I do not make enough to cover food and repair costs. With the lousy payouts and no bonus, we are forced to have a tip jar out. I would actually prefer not to.

I am very grateful for every $ our visitors put in our jars. With 4 slots in EA-Land, possibly 8 after BV merge, the weekly 'allowance' is a joke.

I

Inge Jones

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Well the money houses get automatic commission on items made, and they still have tip jars.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have seen this been mentioned many times, and I just have to reply to it. It seems people are under the impression that the owner/roomies in money houses makes loads of money on kickbacks. I'm a roomie in a money house that is basically full all the time, when we're open. During that time (lets say 12 hours) we refill the fridge at least 3 times. That's 480x3=$1440.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, well don't get my post out of context. I was not griping about money houses having tip jars. But tips should be for the times when a visitor feels they have got specially good service - songs and stuff, host making sure there was always hc available and so on. All normal use of facilities *should* be covered by an economic rate of automatic payment.

G

Sure, I understand you didn't mean money houses shouldn't have tip jars. They are very much needed in any house that accepts visitors to stay. All I expect from a host is food. The rest I can take care of myself. I do know how to green my sims, and don't expect any host to do it for me. If the house is well kept, clean and broken items fixed, the host is doing his/her job. I don't tip just because they sing to me.

Besides skill, money is the most used category. I have hosted both for quite some time, and know what it costs. The visitor bonus never completely covered costs of food and repairs either (even with top 5 house AND sim bonus), but it sure helped.

I

Inge Jones

<blockquote><hr>

The visitor bonus never completely covered costs of food and repairs either (even with top 5 house AND sim bonus), but it sure helped.

[/ QUOTE ]

That means it wasn't set high enough, not that it should have been stopped! Unless of course you had invested in a larger lot and more stuff than you actually needed for the level of visits you got - in which case that's part of business planning. But yes there should be some way to set a charge for visitors and I don't see why there should not be a ticket machine added to the game so that it is up to the owner to decide whether to make a visitor charge and how much. The Sims 2 ticket machine also allows you to let some sims in free, so you could still have your favourite people in at no cost to them.

G

<blockquote><hr>

That means it wasn't set high enough, not that it should have been stopped! Unless of course you had invested in a larger lot and more stuff than you actually needed for the level of visits you got - in which case that's part of business planning. But yes there should be some way to set a charge for visitors and I don't see why there should not be a ticket machine added to the game so that it is up to the owner to decide whether to make a visitor charge and how much. The Sims 2 ticket machine also allows you to let some sims in free, so you could still have your favourite people in at no cost to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw you posted this idea in another thread, and it is a good one! Have you suggested this on the wiki? Could be set up to allow your admit list in for free, rest has to pay. Only problem I see would be new sims with no money. If we charge for people to enter the property, they can't even get in to MAKE money in the first place.

I

Inge Jones

Well the idea like in real life should be that they have to get a job - which they can do with no skills. But the newbs can also go to a welcome house where I think you can have some skilling can't you? By the time a newb is a day or two old they should have had plenty of opportunity to get enough money to pay a proper skill house, unless they're just too lazy in which case they can just play in residences. Maybe they just want to roleplay in the first place then it doesn't matter about visiting charges.

Edit: Just had another thought. It should be possible to have other options on the ticket machine like allow in for free any sim under 5 days old etc.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Only problem I see would be new sims with no money. If we charge for people to enter the property, they can't even get in to MAKE money in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

I reactivated another acct today and the sim I made started with $500. Free accts wont be able to make money or skill as I understand it, so this shouldnt be an issue.

I

Inge Jones

Replying to myself - lol! Talking of being able to set charges on ticket machines, why not make the commission on money objects settable by owner too? I know it all sounds a bit hard-nosed but the way I am really thinking is that it would sort of "enrich" the game because there would be more decisions to make, a challenge for the lot owner to set their charges just right to attract enough people, and for the visiting players to work out which place is best value for money. I mean in the really top-rate skilling houses there could be an understanding that if you want to skill when no one else is getting that type of skill, that the owner or room-mates will get right on there with you to help your rate go up. Really class service and worth paying extra for

G

There has always been the option to charge for *use* in the game.....most people just did not chose to, because of the need to get to the top of the list.

This still seems to be a problem, even without the 'list'.

The ticket machine sounds like a fun idea, but it will have the same problem as any other money charging items in the game. We have pay doors, vending machines, buffets, food kiosks (ice cream, hotdogs, McD's), pinball machines, vibrating beds, cash registers.

People will not use them as long as they believe that someone else, not using them, will get more visitors than they will.......until the cost of getting visitors, becomes so high, that they have to use money charging items, to survive.

I

Inge Jones

I didn't know there were already facilities to charge for use of items - does this include study bookcases and everything?

I love the bit after the ellipsis - are you anticipating a big squeeze?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I didn't know there were already facilities to charge for use of items - does this include study bookcases and everything?

I love the bit after the ellipsis - are you anticipating a big squeeze?

[/ QUOTE ]

Strategically placed pay doors can allow charging, for anything!
And for any amount from §1 to thousand (just realized that I do not know the maximum amount allowed on pay doors!
)
The paydoors also distribute the pay to all roomies equally, unlike pay items or tip jars, which only goes to the owner.

As to a big squeeze...
Folks have already been 'squeezed' into using tip jars, something that has not been seen, since the first year after the game was launched, so who can tell where it will go?

L

Laverne

<blockquote><hr>

There has always been the option to charge for *use* in the game.....most people just did not chose to, because of the need to get to the top of the list.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an interesting theory, Gilly. However many of us house owners
simply choose not to charge because there is no need to. It doesn't matter where my house is on "the list".

No need to paint us all with a broad brush depicting us as greedy little sims in some sort of highschool popularity contest.

<blockquote><hr>

The paydoors also distribute the pay to all roomies equally, unlike pay items or tip jars, which only goes to the owner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again Gilly, you are incorrect. Each and every roomie in the house has a tip jar. Maybe its been a while since you hosted. Even the tip jar's owner name of the tip jar shows up providing that particular roomie is on the lot.

Most houses seem to run smoothly on the generosity of guests. Also, in these times, there are quite a few guests that can't affard to tip. I've never felt the need to "squeeze" people for tips. If the situation gets dire (which it rarely does), I simply take time off to work on money objects and build on my little nest egg.

G

i think the max is 9999. I am glad to hear it is distributed evenly.

G

{quote} unlike pay items or tip jars, which only goes to the owner{/quote}
Again Gilly, you are incorrect. Each and every roomie in the house has a tip jar. Maybe its been a while since you hosted. Even the tip jar's owner name of the tip jar shows up providing that particular roomie is on the lot.

which part of the quote didn't you understand to say she was "again Gilly, you are incorrect" the tip jars and the jam tables or whatever else money object is only paid to the owner, so it is you who is incorrect.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

There has always been the option to charge for *use* in the game.....<u>most</u> people just did not chose to, because of the need to get to the top of the list.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an interesting theory, Gilly. However <u>many</u> of us house owners
simply choose not to charge because there is no need to. It doesn't matter where my house is on "the list".

No need to paint us all with a broad brush depicting us as greedy little sims in some sort of highschool popularity contest.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]In case you missed it, Gilly said "most" people, in much the same way you said "many" of us. If she's painting with a broad brush then you are guilty of the same.

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure Gilly meant the tip jar money only goes to the owner of the tip jar. So if a visitor only tips one jar, only the one sim gets the simoleans. This can create a problem with "jar placement." The best placed jar could end up being the one tipped the most. Pay doors distribute it evenly each time the door is used.

L

Laverne

Gilly said: <blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

And what part of the above quote did you not understand? Pretty clear to me!
I understand some people may be confused by hosting.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Names only appear on tip jars randomly. I often have to go into buy mode while visiting to find out who owns which tip jar. Back in the day when I was hosting with tip jars, I made roomies leave their tip jars in a locked room upstairs and only allowed it to be placed for visitors when roomie was actually hosting.

Pay doors are only divided equally among roomies if set to mutiples of the number of roomies.

With 8 people living in house the minimum on a pay door must be 8 or your guests will be paying to get in and the money is never distributed to owner or roomies of house. I once asked the developers where the 3 simolean charge went if door was set to 3 and there was 8 roomies in house. I don't believe they knew the answer. For all I know, it might poof into thin air and never go to a pool of any kind.

The max setting on pay doors is $9,999.

I would still like to see an entry fee tier system put in place. Lots would be allowed 15 free admissions.

15-20, new guests arriving would be charged $3 to enter.
20-25 new guests arriving would be charged $4 to enter.
25-30 new guests arriving would be charged $5 to enter.
and so on.

Of course, guests would get a popup advising of charge before entering property and be given a chioce to enter or not.

Entry fees would go directly to owner of property.

V

vapd3317

<blockquote><hr>

Names only appear on tip jars randomly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually,...the names on the tip jars appear only if the owner of the jar is present on property. You are right tho, for the others, to check buy mode for the ones not present.

L

Laverne

<blockquote><hr>

Names only appear on tip jars randomly.

[/ QUOTE ]

No Gracie. The name of the tip jar owner is only "visible" if that particular tip jar owner is on the lot. Check again next time you're on a lot.

I

Inge Jones

I think the time-based ticket system might be fairer though. That way if you stay all day eating and skilling and having songs you pay more than if you just turned up and then all the roomies logged off or dropped line as soon as you walked in the door!

G

To repeat what Milton said and to clarify the need to make a case before the Supreme Court of Laverne, it would be understood that by using the term “owner” in this instance, to mean “the owner of the item”

Now if you wish to continue the nitpicking attack on Gilly, I will leave you to your folly, as most of us have more important things to do.

Have a wonderful day

L

Laverne

<blockquote><hr>

To repeat what Milton said and to clarify the need to make a case before the Supreme Court of Laverne, it would be understood that by using the term “owner” in this instance, to mean “the owner of the item”

Now if you wish to continue the nitpicking attack on Gilly, I will leave you to your folly, as most of us have more important things to do.

Have a wonderful day

[/ QUOTE ]

Jim...OUCH! I was only trying to clarify a few things. Not nitpicking. Why the need for snide comments?

Who peed on your cornflakes this morning?

Incidently, you have a wonderful day as well or I at least hope it gets better!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Gilly said: <blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

And what part of the above quote did you not understand? Pretty clear to me!
I understand some people may be confused by hosting.

[/ QUOTE ]
It was pretty clear to me that she meant the owner of the jar.

L

Laverne

<blockquote><hr>

It was pretty clear to me that she meant the owner of the jar.

[/ QUOTE ]

YIKES!! I simply felt the statement needed some clarification..you all are going all postal on me now! lol

OK OK I'm wrong! There..peace and hugs xoxox

V

vapd3317

WOW,...y'all got all bent out of shape on a misunderstanding.

All that was pointed out to Gracie was the fact that "names appear on tip jars, only if the owner of the jar is present", instead of her thought that names only appeared above them randomly.

I think quite possibly an apology should be given to Laverne. And if not,... Laverne, I apologize for the unwarranted attacks of my fellow posters.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Have a wonderful day

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, was this attack really warranted. God forbid we have a misunderstanding about something so petty. I think some of you need a vacation. That crap is just wrong. Oh, and I thought we we're s'pose to be respectful when posting our comments.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I ask a room about her tip jar and she told me it holds $3000 and each person's is individual.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I ask a room about her tip jar and she told me it holds $3000 and each person's is individual.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tip jars used to hold 5k. Are you saying it was lowered?

G

Tip jars still hold 5k unless they've changed recently.

As for that "pay on entering" what about those of us who have a hard time landing, you pay to enter, never get "landed" properly and E23? We're on dial-up *rural, no chance of getting dsl or cable*, we error quite a bit especially on lots with custom content. lol Getting onto a store lot has really gotten horrible sometimes because of all the custom content. I just wish they'd bring back the bonus' and give us the catalogue back.

I

Inge Jones

<blockquote><hr>

As for that "pay on entering" what about those of us who have a hard time landing, you pay to enter, never get "landed" properly and E23?

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite, that's why I still think a ticket machine (charge by the hour) is a better idea.

G

ITS STUPID how they took away visitor bonus. what the heck is the point now?
you CAN just charge people to enter the front doors so they are only charged once, but if people drop or lag out and then come back it wont be very fair. whatever happens, it better happen fast. this is bull.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

51? is it possible? i thought the limit was 30!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

51? is it possible? i thought the limit was 30!

[/ QUOTE ]

The limit is 30 (up to 38 if you squeeze in all the roomies).
There is a "sometimes" glitch in the house count. For some reason the code that increments and decrements the number sometimes goes to sleep. For instance - the first night in EAzy Land, I opened my skill lot and within minutes it was full with 33 ppl (counting me and 2 roomies), but the lot count on my screen said "0".
Other times I have gone to a lot and the count never changed from whatever it was when I landed. Sometimes it adds new visitors, but forgets to subtract the ones that leave - hence, you see 51 when there was no more than 38.
My personal best was 46.
Congrats on the new record!