• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

House demolishion

J

Jhym

Has anyone switched plots recently? I ask because I found a beautiful new spot and moved tonight. I got everything shifted over and then went to demolish my old plot, but it will not allow me to. Grayed out in the sign, all I can do is "trade".

I'm going to check again tomorrow after a server-up to be sure, but it looks like I'll have to wait for it to fall, which is just silly.

Not to mention I'm not rich and could use the money back.

So anyone notice this?

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it a Classic or Custom ? If custom you could always take it down to the plot if nothing else, but I'd page a GM & ask them why you can't. Should be able to unless this is a "sneak in change" by the Dev's ?

Z

Zodiac19

Make sure there is nothing in the moving crate and make the house private.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check your moving crate if there is anything in it at all it won't let you demolish it. I had a vendor stuck in there and had to wait seven hours for a gm to come and get it out.

T

T_Amon_from_work

Has anyone switched plots recently? I ask because I found a beautiful new spot and moved tonight. I got everything shifted over and then went to demolish my old plot, but it will not allow me to. Grayed out in the sign, all I can do is "trade".

I'm going to check again tomorrow after a server-up to be sure, but it looks like I'll have to wait for it to fall, which is just silly.

Not to mention I'm not rich and could use the money back.

So anyone notice this?
I have found that a grayed out Demolish option is because the character trying to demo it was not the placer/owner. Happend to me when I moved from Malas to outside Skara ... <shrug>

M

miss uo

Yep this happened to me also. All because of one lockpick in my moving crate.

S

Seismic

I have an elementary question: I found a plot of land that I like a bit better than my current. I have a small house currently, so not much to move. However, I am still dreading the move since I am unfamiliar with the process.

I guess my question is, how does this work? Is it literally take all your stuff out, place it somewhere, demolish, place new, build, move in? Reason I'm asking is that I don't have another house to store my stuff temporarily. So is that what this moving crate is for? Does it hold everything?

Sorry if this is a newbie question but I'd really like to know before I decide to even try to move or not...

P

Phyrra

To the OP, make sure you have no sort of custom design going on. It must be completely blank and a dirt plot. I ran into this problem when I switched houses a few months ago.

To Seismic, you have up to 7 days after placing another house to clean out your other house. So you don't have to demolish it first and try to find somewhere else for all your stuff. You can just place the new one, and move everything in afterwards. Just keep in mind you only have 7 days or so before your old house will collapse. Also, after you've moved everything, you can demolish it yourself and get any money back for the plot.

K

Kratos Aurion

I have an elementary question: I found a plot of land that I like a bit better than my current. I have a small house currently, so not much to move. However, I am still dreading the move since I am unfamiliar with the process.

I guess my question is, how does this work? Is it literally take all your stuff out, place it somewhere, demolish, place new, build, move in? Reason I'm asking is that I don't have another house to store my stuff temporarily. So is that what this moving crate is for? Does it hold everything?

Sorry if this is a newbie question but I'd really like to know before I decide to even try to move or not...
After you accept a new house in trade or place a new house, your old house goes into decay status. That means you have 7 days to move everything from your old house to your new house. In that time frame, you can also drop your old house to get the money back on the plot.

T

T_Amon_from_work

Kratos got it but here are a few things I've learned ...
1. If possible, use bonded packies and thus trips are so much fewer. They can recall/SJ with ya so you needn't gate.

2. Once the new plot is down, if you have no clear vision of what you wish to build, move all your stuff and place it in the center 9 tiles or so - if possible. Or a corner where you KNOW you will have a garden or something. Make sure they're secured.

3. Your old place will spam a condemned message each time you or a friend steps on the steps. Ignore it ... use the house sign to tell you the state of decay.

Ref #1 ... 2 bonded packies on a REAL strong mule made this a simple job, even with tailoring and carpentry resources over 60K stone each. I was hauiling about 3800 stone at one pass.