• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Hotbar Lengths are Not Being Saved Properly

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I don't know if this is a custom UI problem, or whether this is happening with the default UI as well. What I do know is that this is happening with both Copper Enhanced and Lucis Interface, and it's annoying as hell.

The lengths for hotbars aren't always saving properly. Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't. What this means is, every third or fourth time I log in I'll find many of my hotbars are now the default length of ten slots.

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words:

edit: I'm not going to be logging in much until this is fixed. Having to spend half an hour fixing all your hotbars every second or third time you log in, is for the birds... :)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Please fix this one soon. I'm starting to have DT's, and I would have to relearn the game to play on the CC...

D

Diggity

I noticed the hotbar lengths not saving and backpack not opening on startup since the patch as well. This was with using the Lucis mod which I believe shares/borrows code from the copper/stone mods as well. It also occured on 2 other chars I logged in with using the Lucis interface.

I then switched to the default ui and logged 5 other chars on/off/on. My minimized hotbars remained minimized and the backpacks opened on startup. So while it may be an intermittent bug, so far I have not noticed it while using the default ui.

D

Diggity

btw, as Lucitus mentions in another post, if I change user setting - ie switch interfaces - then the hot bar lengths are lost. That much for sure seems a bug and has happened every time for me.