• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hot key for targeting new mobs

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Must be an easier way to target the mobs automatically. I’m just doing all names double click there health bar to attack, but seems like to many steps to perform.
Thankyou for suggestions.
Riply

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
In the CC I use:

Target Nearest > Hostile
Attack Selected

So I just run around smashing one key lol. It WILL target summons...so EV's, Colossus etc. but for this event, that's not really an issue.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can also add that to each weapon special macro so you hit them with AI or whatever. Can add counter attack at the end also.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
From actions menu in EC, set up macros for target nearest enemy and target next enemy. Flip between those until you get the desired target.

mihali

Sage
You can also add that to each weapon special macro so you hit them with AI or whatever. Can add counter attack at the end also.
Awesome! Had not thought of tat last one : counterattack at end of macro, so you get to hit once more!o.0

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm under macros I’m not seeing
Target nearest anyone else having this problem?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hmm under macros I’m not seeing
Target nearest anyone else having this problem?
It's select nearest, way down near the bottom

1699150762197.png

Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a practical macro. I could have used that the past 26 years. So, I'm going to add it to all my close combat characters.
I suppose there are also variants to it for other skills? What would it look like for a tamer, a provoker, or other?

The Black Smith

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Please note with this macro in 2d, broadsword are currently requiring users to download third party client to filter out EVs, neutral animals, and red/grey guild mates and their pets.
But as Larisa said it’s not really a problem for this event as it’s trammel.
I am using this macro in trammel without third party client with no issues.

it has been requested many times for filters for official client but they are still promoting third party client as the solution.

Last edited:

Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm already busy trying to answer my own questions :cool:

So far, I have a CC macro to attack in close combat:
+SelectNearest Hostile
+AttackSelectedTarget

and for my tamer:
+SelectNearest Hostile
+Say all kill
+WaitForTarg
+LastTarget

Not sure if the Wait for Target is necessary, but it doesn't seem to slow down my pet.

Now, if I can just create one for a provo bard too, I'll feel quite happy. :D

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I figured out the problem I had disabled the new targeting system.

Maith Ceol

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
THIS is really good information and I often wonder why I'm not wired to think like this!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
THIS is really good information and I often wonder why I'm not wired to think like this!
I started doing it long ago with Discord. I have discord attached in front Consecrate Weapon on that archer. But I don't have attack in that one. So I discord stuff and hit with the correct damage.

Could do the same with Honor and AI or whatever.

Deschet

Journeyman
Trying to work honor target into the nearest hostile macro. Think I saw @Jepeth post how to do it on the other forum, but can't find the post. What's the optimal way to set that up?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Just make sure this isn't checked

1700432351204.png

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
@Larisa was that you on Sonoma a little while ago, if so you needed four spells for you spell book. I can help with that

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
@Larisa was that you on Sonoma a little while ago, if so you needed four spells for you spell book. I can help with that
LOL yes it was, I need help over there. Trying to build a toon, thanks!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No I am not in that one

Ivonna Seasmore

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or you can always do like others in Game, use a script along with Now Follow button.......Those are the Greedy ones that are taking all the kills in this Event. And I am sick of it, so if it isn't stopped I might have to learn how to script like the others in game