• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hosting for UO Cartographer

xxmoondancerxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A couple questions if someone can help me that would be great.

If I am able to get this running, when I log off can my guildies still play and use the host or do I have to be on at all times?

Secondly is it working?, I used to use UOAM but it doesnt work anymore and its quite difficult. I really like the graphics used for UO cartographer.

Let me know this would be helpful for me!:thumbup1:

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As long as you leave the computer on and the UO Cart Server program running then all that have access to it can still use it. I have a computer that I leave on at all times due to it being a POS, so I use it to host a cart server.

xxmoondancerxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
awesome hope it doesnt shut off in the middle of the day lol :D thanks for the feed back!

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only problems I have is when the computer auto patches and restarts in the middle of the night.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only problems I have is when the computer auto patches and restarts in the middle of the night.
Run it as service, then UOC server will start automatically in the background when the computer restarts.

xxmoondancerxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay so I was able to set everything up to start it, i opened UO cart and noticed that the red light would not activate. Do I have to have others connect? And it just says starting server on the UOCServer part... on the server box.
My name is green with a green dot so I assume its right. Also can you use UO Cart without Assist? It seems as if I have to use assist to make it work...

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've always used UOAssist, and I have seen people mention that you could use the trial version. If your using the EC then you don't need UOAssist.

The Cart server will say starting server until someone connects to it. You might have to double check to make sure that if have a router that you open the port and also allow access through that port in your firewall. There are a couple YouTube videos and websites that can walk you through the process and can also test to see if the port is open. I run one server on a machine with Vista and it was pretty spimple setting everything up, but the other server I setup is on a Window 7 machine, and it took an extra step to get everything running.