• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

horrific beast templete

• Thread starter shadowking
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
S

shadowking

any 1 else tried to make a templete around horrific beast?
swords 120
parry 120
anatomy 100
tactics 100
healing 100
necro 60
chiv 70
with beast form u get +25% damage +1 hp a sec, and with healing 100 no fail heals: healing 36-60 every 6 sec. i will be able to use weapon specials still but not able to cast other spells. with a good leeching weapon should be ok, would have to be a slayer type also. I figure i would cast Enemy of one then horiffic beast before i engage mobs. any comments suggestions

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not worth it IMO. You lose 100% DI and criticals from Bushido. You can't use consecrate weapon if you're fighting something with a resist different than your weapon's damage type. Life leech on weapons is pretty unreliable too. And if you get in too much trouble, you can't run away and heal with Close Wounds or cure with Cleanse by Fire.

5% Luck

As above posted but the up side is the HPR from HB is on top of the HPR cap from the suit.

For grinding parry it really is optimum!

There are a few benefits to HB but the downside of no spells has always kept me from taking advantage of them.

C

CroMag1980

120 ninja dog form has about 4x the hpr of horrificbeast, with a hpr suit your health bar probably won't even move when training parry.

5% Luck

120 ninja dog form has about 4x the hpr of horrificbeast, with a hpr suit your health bar probably won't even move when training parry.

the difference is the 120 ninja grind is one of the hardest in game.

I could compare it to taming but that still sells it short!

60 necro maybe 45 mins 120 ninja several months.

C

CroMag1980

That's a very good point, I assume many active accounts are bought and have a bunch of legendary skills but anyway yeah you'd have to be out of your mind to train ninja just because it's a damn useful training tool with a bit of imagination.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I realise this is an ancient thread, but after also bumping into this today:

I thought the OP's idea might be feasible?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Incredible video. That guy builds some of the best melee templates I've ever seen.

BearCorpse

Adventurer
Wow,this is my old video at publish 88.
template:
Sword 120(+20 from hat), Tactics 120, Anatomy 120, Spell resist 120, Lumberjacking 100, Healing 100, Bushido 80, Necromancy 40
maybe +60 any skill from jewel.

Stats:
hb.png
and 20 HPR from Beast, 16 HPR from suits, 2HPR from fish pie

weapon:
hbweapon.png
Exceptional Hatchet, 40% HLD, Balanced, 68% HLL, Demon Slayer, 96% HML, 100% Physical damage

Bushido is for honor and special move mana reduction. Spell resistance is for Para proof and Mana drain reduction.

Edited:
non-focused spec necromancer can't cast part of mastery spells with horrific beast.
Focused Eye, Toughness, Thrust and etc.
Onslaught, Stagger and Pierce are castable.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Wow,this is my old video at publish 88.
template:
Sword 120(+20 from hat), Tactics 120, Anatomy 120, Spell resist 120, Lumberjacking 100, Healing 100, Bushido 80, Necromancy 40
maybe +60 any skill from jewel.

Stats:
View attachment 73384
and 20 HPR from Beast, 16 HPR from suits, 2HPR from fish pie

weapon:
View attachment 73385
Exceptional Hatchet, 40% HLD, Balanced, 68% HLL, Demon Slayer, 96% HML, 100% Physical damage

Bushido is for honor and special move mana reduction. Spell resistance is for Para proof and Mana drain reduction.

Edited:
non-focused spec necromancer can't cast part of mastery spells with horrific beast.
Focused Eye, Toughness, Thrust and etc.
Onslaught, Stagger and Pierce are castable.
Ah, I should have known it was you! You put some pretty incredible videos and templates together.

When I was at the 20th Anniversary party, I was speaking 1-on-1 with Kyronix for a bit and he also commented that you have some very impressive game play videos.

Thank you for continuing to post here!!

BearCorpse

Adventurer
When I was at the 20th Anniversary party, I was speaking 1-on-1 with Kyronix for a bit and he also commented that you have some very impressive game play videos.
Oh really ? It is an honor to be surprised that my topic will come out at such a valuable opportunity.
However, UO won't be too difficult because of to watch my videos.

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is the damage increase from horrific beast subject to the 100% di from items?
I dont know about 100% items cup, but i belive its sure under total 300% DI cap.
Most sampires got 300% cap at top monsters, so the only bonus is 20 HPR & no damage reduction from swamp & no HitLifeDrain from Vamp form.
I belive HB aren't useable for sampire.