• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Hooded Shrouds. why dont we have more of them?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been in rares for a relatively short time compared to some. I do know that there are many issues with hooded shrouds.

Most remember the massive dupe of hooded shroud of shadows that could be dyed and resulted in undyable "monks robes" being able to be bought off npcs.

Giggles recent find "Shadow's Embrace" that was most likely a rogue EM / non-sanctioned created item brings up an interesting topic on hooded shrouds in general.

The most recent "hooded shroud" drop from Origin was not intended, and i remember being interested in it but cant remember if other interested parties had actually purchased it, or if it was ever even sold. does anyone remember?
black "a monk robe" drop from origin event

we also have the new dyeable hooded robe that spawns off npc shamans
[Discussion] - hooded robe?

The only commons ones we see are "shroud of talkeesh" (massively duped) and of course hooded shroud of shadows, hooded robe of umbra, monks robe, and now the new dyeable hooded robes.

my question is, what other known hooded shrouds are there and from what years? And why havent we seen a single intended EM drop hooded shroud graphic in recent years?

Its a cool grahic, and just thought it was an iteresting topic. Thankyou @Giggles for prompting me to ask more about this really cool graphic, ive been meaning to for a long time but always forget about it.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
That I definitely know of:

• A Monk's Robe
  • An Embroidered Oak Leaf Cloak
  • Champion Of Balance
  • Death Shroud (illegal to own)
  • Embroidered Oak Leaf Cloak [Replica]
  • Glorious Lady's - Shroud Of The Champion
  • Hooded Robe
  • Hooded Robe Bearing The Crest Of Blackthorn
  • Hooded Robe Of Umbra
  • Hooded Shroud Of Shadows
  • Shroud Of Tal'keesh
  • Shadow's Embrace
  • The Most Knowledge Person 1st (Arirang)
  • The Most Knowledge Person 2nd (Arirang)
  • The Most Knowledge Person 3rd (Arirang)
  • The Most Knowledge Person [Replica]
  • The Robe Of Britannia "Ari"
  • The Robe Of Britannia "Ari" [Replica]
  • The Robe Of Britannia "Bal"
  • Virtue Robe (Hue 2124. I don't know anything about this item. The house I saw it on in Zento on Baja (in the Red Cow location) has since IDOCed.)

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My opinion is....

I love how the hooded robes look when locked down on display. Wearing them in my personal experience is not too fun, unless you wish to look rather rogueish. For example, my thief has a replica robe that was bleached to appear grey. When I pop up next to someone on foot they often think I'm a ghost at first glance.

Other then that I don't like how they look worn. you lose a lot of character customization while wearing them. Your cool hair color, any cool hats, the list goes on. I feel there isn't more of them produced via EM events for that reason (pure speculation of course). All though there are a good number of them available that can be used in functioning suits. Especially since the addition of the blackthorns items.