• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hooded Britannia Robe - in-game store item

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yes they are new, no they won't have any properties, they will be 'fluff' items! :)

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
They would get far more interest in this sort of thing if they made a restyle token where you could take a robe you own, with stats like the robe of eclipse, and use a token to convert it to another style but the same slot of course

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They would get far more interest in this sort of thing if they made a restyle token where you could take a robe you own, with stats like the robe of eclipse, and use a token to convert it to another style but the same slot of course
We asked for this for a decade+.

How did they respond?

Blackthorn's Dungeon and Minax Artifacts...

:facepalm:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here's a pic of the robes on paperdolls from the anniversary party.

Top is row CC, bottom is EC. (I think)

HoodedRobes.jpg

Their $10 each price point is a bit ridiculous.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yea, price is high, but they look amazing for sure. They have a great artist on the team these last few years.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well we just tested one of these on Siege, it cannot be dyed with a tub or with a Tokuno dye.

Surprising choice to sell the Tokuno Dyes in the same store as the Robe but make it undyeable.

If it could be dyed with the green compassion dye I was gonna grab one, but this doesn't interest me as is. I think selling these items is a nice way for the game to make money but the reasoning behind the choices is confusing (spider a month after Halloween, undyeable robes, wedding packages, etc). If they had more stuff in the store I'd be happy to buy it from time to time, but maybe they could solicit input on what we want in the store. Maybe even make it a contest or giveaway or something where X number of survey respondents get a few sovereigns.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@ $10 I won't be buying one. Some of their prices are a little crazy IMO.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If they really want to sell these:

1. Make it dyable with any clothing dye.

2. Double click it and target another item that fits in the robe slot and it would consume that item and take the stats. (1 time use)

I would buy one for sure!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Doesn't matter tried looking all evening can't get in the store... so it's moot.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I can't even look at them... let alone buy one... the store always says it's down.
did you try hiding for a couple of minutes, i have several characters that i have to hide for a couple of minutes to be able to get in the store. I guess when that mongbat sneered at them it was considered an aggressive act :lame:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
did you try hiding for a couple of minutes, i have several characters that i have to hide for a couple of minutes to be able to get in the store. I guess when that mongbat sneered at them it was considered an aggressive act :lame:
I tried everything I could think of... but it never did let me in the store finally I just decided forget it... But what do they care if I can't spend my Sovereigns I've already bought them.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Why didn't they do something sensible for once, like sell the robes in a pack of 5 for 1000 sovereigns? Then we would ALL have bought them! It's not like it's cost them anything....:rolleyes:

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I tried everything I could think of... but it never did let me in the store finally I just decided forget it... But what do they care if I can't spend my Sovereigns I've already bought them.
Clearly, Mystra and/or Lloth (depending on your character) has deemed you UNWORTHY!

No undyeable robe for you!

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why didn't they do something sensible for once, like sell the robes in a pack of 5 for 1000 sovereigns? Then we would ALL have bought them! It's not like it's cost them anything....:rolleyes:

Well, the sensible thing would be to add them as drops from in-game content.... there's no shortage of out-dated content rewards that could be revamped,

They might end up doing that in the future though, kinda like they did the with the anniversary robe/hawkwind's robe. - I just don't want to see all the new drops come from blackthorn dungeon, that place has too many good rewards, and it's pretty much only farmed afk lol.

a guildy and I have this conversation often enough in vent =p