• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Honor Taming?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hear a lot about honor taming.
Could someone explain this to me? Because I'm at a loss as to what it is.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You work your honor up on your character....best/fastest thing I have found is succubus in the fandancer dojo. After you get to at least follower level in honor, when you are ready to tame an aggressive beast (gdrags or hiryus as an example), you honor yourself by opening the virtue gump in your paperdoll, double clicking on the honor virtue, then targeting yourself. Depending on honor level, you will have about 15 seconds to 5 minutes in which no MOBs will target you (unless you target them first). This allows you to attempt tames on aggressive mobs without worrying about being aggro'ed by them with the resulting attacks and breaks in their concentration. For gdrag taming, it is the cat's ass lol.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To get to level 3 Bubble 6 of Honor,

Go Kill the White Wyrm, Honor it first.

My latest outing was approximately 30 minutes from 0 to 3rd level. Then it slows down a bit as in another 40 minutes to get to the 4th bubble of the 3rd tier

Third Tier is Follower if I remember correctly.

When you want to Honor Tame, as was mentioned, just Honor yourself.

There is a macro "Invoke Virtue" with a drop down for the Virtues.

I have set up F12 as a Hot Key, based 100% on memory

I first Target the MoB then Hit F12 when I am sure it is within range.

F12 Hot Key

InvokeVirtue Honor
WaitForTarget
CurrentTarget

Before you honor yourself, you want to be sure no Mob is Aggro'd on you. Otherwise they will not honor the Honor and attack you any way.

I Precast Invisibility, I run up to the Mob I am going tame and then click on me to Invis me.

I let a few seconds pass, then Honor Myself. This will NOT break Invis/Hide. I then proceed to tame the Mob.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I looked up Honor on the playguide last night, it says that you cannot gain in honor if a pet is doing the damage. Is this correct? Otherwise it would be near impossible for my tamer to kill anything that will give him any substantial amount of honor.

C

Coppelia

You gain Honor if the pet does all the damage. The most important is :
a) the mob must be at full HP (when they cast Bless on themselves it's not good anymore).
b) you must be at the proper distance invoking the virtue (you get an error message otherwise).
c) the mob must not be peaced on the last hit.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You gain Honor if the pet does all the damage. The most important is :
a) the mob must be at full HP (when they cast Bless on themselves it's not good anymore).
b) you must be at the proper distance invoking the virtue (you get an error message otherwise).
c) the mob must not be peaced on the last hit.
As Coppelia said, but I also seem to recall I get Honor if I do some damage also.

"c) the mob must not be peaced on the last hit."

Thanks for that as now I have a finer measurement tool.

I am fairly confident that any MoB I have peaced will NOT give me Honor.

I am fairly certain, that when I take Hiryu's/Cu's to the Ogre Lord Island, I need to peace off 2 of the OL's. No matter how long it has been (as I let two OL's beat on a Cu for Training), Honor is just not given.

Now that I see that rule though, I can make a test of it.

By the Way I looked at that F12 Macro

InvokeVirtue Honor
WaitForTarget
CurrentTarget
Delay 10
Say All Kill
WaitForTarget
CurrentTarget

C

Coppelia

I've been killing Succubi this week-end and it's too much a mess to kill them without peace. I used only my vanguard horse, and without peace it was non-stop Greater Heal. That wasn't possible for me as I don't have a 100% LRC suit, so I decided to peace them. And I noticed that when it was still peace when my pet gave the last hit, I gained no Honor. But if the Succubus was "awake", I would gain Honor.

In all honesty, if you can avoid peace, it's better. It's sometimes tricky to have it unpeaced for the last hit, and when the Succubus "wakes up", the pet gets its rear kicked while the Succubus chains heals. So if you find a good mob that allows you to stay near your pet to vet, it's better.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best pet against a succubus is a cu sidhe. Fast and easy with very little vetting necessary, since the cu does cold and energy damage which is the succubus' weakest resist.

C

Coppelia

Yes indeed, if you can have a Cu Sidhe, it's better. I don't know what Greater Dragons are worth. It's probably a bit more complicated to go through the dungeon.