• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Holy Fist now ignores Faster Casting

Blitzkrieg

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems that they are on the right track. With the mana increase to 50 for Holy Fist, this seems like a step towards balance.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I would actually think about increasing the slow effect, because like many have mentioned here it is barely noticeable

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

But, it CAN be resisted. He is not wrong. This is from the Publish 90 notes on UO guide.

Skill Masteries

• Updated Mastery Book layout in both clients.
  • Mastery Primers now drop as rewards from all Champion Spawns, Scalis, and Charybdis.
  • Mastery Necromancy ability Conduit no longer forces hands free when casting.
  • Mastery abilities Called Shot, Thrust, Shield Bash, and Elemental Fury damage is now capped at 35 in player verses player.
  • Mastery Chivalry ability Holy Fist now has a chance to slow its target that can be resisted.
  • Mastery Archery ability Playing the Odds now applies a lower defense buff to targets within a five tiles radius.
  • Mastery abilities that trigger from hitting targets no longer trigger when combined with special moves.
  • Mastery Animal Taming abilities Combat Training and Whispering now unhide caster.
  • Mastery Parry ability Shield Bash now interrupts spells if players are not immune to paralyze.
  • Mastery Poisoning ability Injected Strike debuff will be reduced on ranged weapons.
  • Mastery Balance: All special abilities (Death Strike, Counter Attack …) now cancel Injected

The forced walk can be, you can't resist the damage. Derp.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have noticed that sometimes you hit for 35 points, sometimes only 19. Is this not resisted damage? Or just a bad roll? It seems really hit or miss.
Even at 80 energy you should be hitting for 21-23 or so... so I'm guessing if you hit for 19 you have low karma.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Completely agree adding a casting exception is RIDICULOUS, if nothing else, why complicate the game further by adding more exceptions to rules? How on earth are players ever going to get the grasp of the game when they throw so many curve balls.

Boba

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you feel dumb yet?
Not yet. If this trend of fixing issues while they're still on test continues, then I will gladly admit I was wrong and feel dumb about it.

Until then, I am certain that this is an exception, not the rule, and we will continue to have more of the same (unwarranted changes being pushed to production as people plead to have them removed/fixed).

Dev's. I strongly encourage you to prove me wrong.

elster

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not yet. If this trend of fixing issues while they're still on test continues, then I will gladly admit I was wrong and feel dumb about it.

Until then, I am certain that this is an exception, not the rule, and we will continue to have more of the same (unwarranted changes being pushed to production as people plead to have them removed/fixed).

Dev's. I strongly encourage you to prove me wrong.
The devs have been going back and forth with the community/this board fixing things in this update from player requests for quite some time now. That's why I was certain it was going to be fixed. Have you not been around the past few months?

Boba

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The devs have been going back and forth with the community/this board fixing things in this update from player requests for quite some time now. That's why I was certain it was going to be fixed. Have you not been around the past few months?
Nope, just came back within the last month actually. So you're saying it only took them 17 years to finally acknowledge that unwarranted PvP changes over the years were actually making PvP worse? That they should have consulted the players all along? I'll be damned.. Looks like they waited too long however; the game is more of a ghost town now than it was last time I checked in (about one year ago).

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You guys are going down the right path with Holy Fist by slowing it down.. but going about it the wrong way as stated above.

Also, can you fix something that makes no sense.... For Magery to be effective you need to curse someone down to 60 for max damage.. For archery hitting does more based on resist etc. Holy Fist max damage is capped at 35. But it can hit 33 at 70 energy. Can you fix it to where it hits 35 at 60 energy and scale based off of that? That fix would go a long way to getting Holy Fist correct. Along with the slow down. You are half way there..

@Bleak
@Kyronix Can anyone speak to why it hits near max at 70 resist to begin with?

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I’m on the fence on the fisters. One side its very defense and hard for Dexxers or any other class to blow you up 1 vs 1, but I have had a lot of fun group fighting and it reminds me a lot of pre AOS days when everyone would EB chain, it also enables people who are new to pvp to be competitive due to the simplicity of the template.

Playing a mage is pretty much support now, your job is to curse and xheal and maybe throw a few fs in here and there. But for the most part its impossible to get anything significant off on someone unless they get footed so the Fister does allow you some casting viability. So it seems most of the casters just transitioned into fisters, and this is for Yew alone,
In dungeons, they are less effective because it becomes a field game and mages scale up, and are able to shine.
Personally I would not base PVP on yew and start trying to incentives pvp outside of it. I do also agree with remove Curse needs to cost more mana or cast slower